FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Don Williamson Vs Dayne Walling Nov 07
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

"Stupid and ignorant" describes the individual who sits on his duff and believes a job will come to him. I think of the man who lost his job in the early 50's when Clark Equipment Company in Battle Creek closed. He searched statewide for a job and ended up at Ternstedt (Fisher Coldwater Road Plant). He roomed in Flint during the week and looked for a house for his family after work. When he finally found a house near his new employment he moved his family here (1954, the year after the big tornado on Coldwater Road).

Getting rid of stupidity and ignorance begins at home.
Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:12 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I see it like this... First people who are against Williamson will be more prone to come out and vote, then those who support the mayor. Also, I see Dayne really doing two things in the coming months:

One: Building a strong coalition of Black, White, Union, Democratic, Activists, Anti Williamson, and Flint politicos who will actively help him campaign in all parts of the city.

Two: I also see these same ppl and those who Dayne has connections with around the nation, pumping a lot of money into his campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if he raised 250k for the general election, simply from those affluent Flintites, Anti williamson ppl and unions who know who Flint really needs.

Remember, Williamson back when he ran had the momentum, all Council support and I think Uaw support, now I'm sure his support in that had diminished... I believe his biggest assets, is his money, Black Pastors, Buchanan/Gonzales and lol the roads. Lets go Dayne, get em'
Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:39 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Actually, in my neighborhood (Glendale Hills/Beecher Heights), Williamson f***ed up the roads. A proper resurfacing of asphalt pavement involves either milling the old pavement or raising the manhole covers and storm sewer grates. The crew Williamson hired only milled around the manhole covers so watch for too low storm sewer grates if you bicycle on newly paved Beecher Road or Westcombe Avenue.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
I see it like this... First people who are against Williamson will be more prone to come out and vote, then those who support the mayor. Also, I see Dayne really doing two things in the coming months:

One: Building a strong coalition of Black, White, Union, Democratic, Activists, Anti Williamson, and Flint politicos who will actively help him campaign in all parts of the city.

Two: I also see these same ppl and those who Dayne has connections with around the nation, pumping a lot of money into his campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if he raised 250k for the general election, simply from those affluent Flintites, Anti williamson ppl and unions who know who Flint really needs.

Remember, Williamson back when he ran had the momentum, all Council support and I think Uaw support, now I'm sure his support in that had diminished... I believe his biggest assets, is his money, Black Pastors, Buchanan/Gonzales and lol the roads. Lets go Dayne, get em'

Dems. Unions, activists, etc. Sounds like the same bunch that ran Flint for over 30 years. Where did that get us? Hoodrow?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bregma
F L I N T O I D

From Flint Journal
------------------------------------------------------
Bryant, Edwards, Weighill officially backing Walling
Posted by mraymer August 29, 2007 11:32AM
Categories: Breaking News, Bryant, Norm, Edwards, Tamra, Walling, Dayne, Weighill, Dale K.
Flint -- Three unsuccessful primary candidates for mayor of Flint have endorsed challenger Dayne Walling.

Both Dale Weighill and Norm Bryant attended a 10 a.m. news conference today at Good Beans Cafe announcing their endorsements. Tamra Edwards also has endorsed Walling, his campaign said.

"It's not Flint I have a problem with. It's the administration I have a problem with," said Bryant, who on election night said he would back Walling.

Weighill said Walling offers a vision for Flint's future and a plan to make it happen, unlike Mayor Don Williamson.

"Everyone who wants change and new leadership (should) get behind Dayne," Weighill said.

City Council Vice President Sheldon Neeley, who finished third in the race and is a vocal critic of Williamson, has not endorsed in the race. He could not immediately be reached for comment this morning.

Walling's campaign said they are continuing discussions with Neeley.

"Today we have the beginning of a great citywide campaign, a citywide coalition," Walling said at the news conference attended by about 20 supporters.

Answering questions from the media afterward, Walling also said he planned to concentrate his campaign on reaching out to the black community and that he would run a citywide campaign.

Walling's campaign outspent all others before the primary and he said he planned to raise "hundreds of thousands of dollars" to fund this campaign.

"We may not outspend him again, but we'll raise enough to win," Walling said.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:30 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: