FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Don Williamson Vs Dayne Walling Nov 07
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

FLINT CITY MAYOR
Vote For Not More Than 1
(WITH 41 OF 61 PRECINCTS COUNTED 67.21%)
Norm Bryant. . . . . . . . . . 1,057 12.78
David Davenport . . . . . . . . 55 .66
Tamra Edwards . . . . . . . . . 292 3.53
Sheldon A. Neeley. . . . . . . . 1,251 15.13
Dayne Walling . . . . . . . . . 2,118 25.61
Dale K. Weighill . . . . . . . . 826 9.99
Don Williamson. . . . . . . . . 2,666 32.23
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 6 .07
Over Votes . . . . . . . . . 16
Under Votes . . . . . . . . . 28
http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/images/Election%20results/110706/elecdata/SUMMARY.HTM

Last edited by Steve Myers on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

It updates every 10 minutes.
Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

if you assume [I know....I know] that Walling has a good chance to capture the other challengers voters in the general election [as they are probably "anyone but don" voters] then Walling may have a decent chance to unseat the incumbent.

I have to believe most of the black voters are currently divided between Bryant, Neeley and Edwards [Davenport has too few to really count]. These voters will be in play with two white candidates in November. The don may have the advantage of postional patronage to garner support of the black churches, block clubs et al. Walling may need to get Neeley, Bryant, Edwards to endorse him to help counter the tidal wave of $$$ the don is sure to unleash throughout the north and west sides.

I could see Neeley going "anyone but don" but what about the others? Bryant doesn't seem disposed towards the don either.

oh, and what happened to Weighill? far behind also ran position.

Perhaps if Walling reached out to them and brought them into his campaign?

Should be an interesting October.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

jeepers less than 10% turnout county wide. THAT is depressing.

isn't a normal primary around 13-15%?

oh well, very few can complain about their November choices then. [but they still will]

Last edited by Biggie9 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 pm 
Ted Jankowski_

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
jeepers less than 10% turnout county wide. THAT is depressing.

isn't a normal primary around 13-15%?

oh well, very few can compalin about their November choices then. [but they still will]

SAD Very SAD, but very TRUE!
Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Gadzooks! I can't believe people will vote for someone who never says and does the same thing. Those signs on vacant buildings really paid off. Dayne ran a very good campaign. Congratulations to him and good luck. I can't wait to see what he does as mayor.
Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

BTW I was the 13th voter in my precinct at around 6pm.
Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling ran a flawless campaign. Kudos to the other candidates (the Don excluded) who also showed persistence and class during the campaign season. It was refreshing to see very qualified, intellectually capable people running for mayor (Walling, Bryant, Neely, Edwards, Weighill, and even Davenport)

If Don was smart, he'd do himself a favor, save his money, and concede the November election. But Don is not smart - 30 seconds in a room with him and you'll get the feeling that finishing the 8th grade may actually have been an achievement for him.

Hope has returned to Flint.
Thank God for Dayne Walling.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:20 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

JB,
I agree with you except, don't sell the don short. He's got tons of street smarts, is ruthless, [as we all know] apparently motivated and certainly still arrogant to believe he's the best man for the job.

with his deep pockets and positional patronage he is still a formidable candidate.See my other posts where I postulate where the decisive "wild card" black vote may go.

we've still got to get Mr Walling elected before he can start to deliver Flint to salvation!

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:09 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
JB,
I agree with you except, don't sell the don short. He's got tons of street smarts, is ruthless, [as we all know] apparently motivated and certainly still arrogant to believe he's the best man for the job.

with his deep pockets and positional patronage he is still a formidable candidate.See my other posts where I postulate where the decisive "wild card" black vote may go.

we've still got to get Mr Walling elected before he can start to deliver Flint to salvation!

AMEN!
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Biggie wrote: "we've still got to get Mr Walling elected before he can start to deliver Flint to salvation!"

Amen to that Brotha!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am 
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

We have to get Walling in the seat. He is Flint's only chance at a future.

Williamson is 73 years old. Walling is 33.

Who will look to the future ?

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:34 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I was the sixth voter at 7:25 a.m. at Coolidge School. I voted for fellow Uncommon Sense columnist Dayne "Connect the Dots" Walling, of course.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:41 am 
Roving Flintoid
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Walling may need to get Neeley, Bryant, Edwards to endorse him to help counter the tidal wave of $$$ the don is sure to unleash throughout the north and west sides.

Actually, Norm showed up to the Walling victory party just a little after eleven. He congratulated Dayne, and told him, and the crowd, that they had a majority of the same ideas, most importantly improving Flint. So Norm is fully behind Dayne in his run-up towards November.

We'll see about Neely and Edwards over the next few days.
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:01 pm 
Cristina
F L I N T O I D

I am amazed at the stupidity of Flint. Don Williamson brags about his triumphs as mayor and it equates to repairing the roads. Really? Where? I know a lawyer who attends my parish. She is black and she is appalled that the blacks in Flint stand behind Williamson. She made a good comment today about Williamson's bragging about road repair. She said those new roads aren't leading the supporters to any real jobs. No jobs have come and they won't come with williamson at the helm. It's time Flint moved forward and start proving we are an intelligent city. Getting rid of stupidity and ignorance has to start now.
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: