FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: no council meeting 3/13/06

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
plato

I called the clerks off and was told there is no FLint City COuncil meeting on 3/13/06.

The special meeting last week was in place if tonights.

Terry Bankert 3/13/06
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:23 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, let me get this striaght. We do not have an Ombudsman. And there isn't a city council meeting to choose one. Mar 11 th was the cut off day. The charter says??? When does an Ombudsman have to be appointed? What is the hold up? I believe someone should be putting in some overtime
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
OK, let me get this striaght. We do not have an Ombudsman. And there isn't a city council meeting to choose one. Mar 11 th was the cut off day. The charter says???

the March 11 deadline is just one interpretation...others say the 60 day clock starts over again.

But look, the reality is no big change occurs if a deadline is not met. Right? the ombudsman's office doesn't disappear..city hall doesn't implode. Life goes on as usual. And the citizensof Flint have lived how many years without an effective ombudsman anyway?

Even if someone wanted to file a legal action, by the time THAT process unwound, the new ombudsman would be named etc. Even if some emergency injunctions were to filed..about what? against whom? How would that even hasten the solution..an operating ombudsman office. It wouldn't. It would have the opposite effect.

So take a deep breath, and just watch the process unfold.

biggie

Very Happy
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:58 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Even if someone wanted to file a legal action, by the time THAT process unwound, the new ombudsman would be named etc. Even if some emergency injunctions were to filed.. about what? against whom? How would that even hasten the solution. an operating ombudsman office. It wouldn't. It would have the opposite effect.

Yeah I know.
It was a feeble attempt at being factious.
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: