FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Adam I don't know what happens once

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

the list gets to the pOlice dept. They sure don't seem to look at it. Or use it to track crimes.

I don't believe they have a system. I know they receive a list of items every week or so. I just can't believe in the age of computers. this stuff isn't made available daily via the web. MIVA makes a store front program that could be used for every pawn shop to log into their items daily by pawn shop.
Becuase it is a shopping cart/storefront program. It can list every item. They could use it also as a massive store to sell their goods. Everything that is waiting on hold could be searched. Not only by the Police but by the community also. Sounds like a good idea for a website developer.

If serial numbers, pictures of the items, name of item and model if available was avilable. Hmmm, It could be called. www.flintpawnshops.com And it is available.

Ya know the more I think about it. This might be a good idea. to just try to sell them on. One website. Everything in inventroy available online. Plus items on hold. It could be purchased right online and picked up at the pawnshop. There are options in the program for searching inventroy, It could be set up to run reports. Lists could be downloaded right the the police dept. daily or whenever. The pawnshops wouldn't have to fax them in. It could have small pictures and everything.

BUt no. No volunteers do this type of thing now. That was just one of the ideas presented in the list.

Please keep the other post to ideas. I'm going to leave it up there another week and see how much more we can gather then send it to our elected officials.
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Ted,
Investigators can look at the pawn shop records which I'm sure they do once in a while if the case is easy or enough of a high priority. I think you are still under the assumption that we are capable of investigating crimes. I'm sure we at least somewhat investigate most crimes but I bet there aren't very many that get fully investigated. Eric said that councilman Taylor subpoened the chief and the chief said there was a backlog of complaints so I assume there still is as evidenced by the horrible investigative work that is done in this city. It's a lot easier and probably faster to take complaints than it is to investigate them but I'd be willing to bet we have far less investigators than complaint takers.

ABC 12 did a story about Saginaw: how they simply do not have enough investigators to follow-up on these complaints. From the information I have to go on I think it is logical to assume we do not have the capability to fully handle the compalints. Eric Mays claims to have firm hard evidence that this has resulted in deaths. From what he was saying I beleive him. There have been cases were people have been killed by criminals that were not investigated and put in jail which would have saved some lives.

To combat this problem the police chief simply needs to promote officers. Patrolman can not investigate. Investigators can investigate and patrol the streets as well! We need more more investigators not patrolman!!! You could have 1000 patrol officers in this city but without investigators to do investigations you can issue no warrants and you can not make arrests without warrants. It's really quite simple when you think about it. From what Mays was saying we often do not even follow up on the complaints where the suspect is named.

Adam Ford
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:24 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I Don't get it.
Why can't patrol officers pick up the Slack.
If anything, They are first on the scene. And can make informed choices and follow up on leads while they are still warm.
Sending over a officer two days after a break in to get prints off a safe in a place of business. Isn't going to cut it. And isn't going to yield any evidence worth a damn. The Patrol officer should be able to do that right off the bat. We need some leaders with Imagination in City Hall and in the Police dept. The old ways are not working. And hiring more officers to continue Business as usual isn't going to make a difference either. I'll bet. The officer that we actually get to interact with. Would rather be the one to follow up, and even do the investigation. Why? Because, I'm pretty sure they are tired of getting beat up on by the citizens because no one ever follows up. They pass it on to the detectives and nothing happens. The detectives aren't the ones getting the feedback form the citizens. It's the Patrol officers that have to put up with the attitude that the Department as a whole has given the citizens of Flint. Not the Detectives.
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: