FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jobs

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

Not that anyone cares but Toyota might be considering adding jobs in Michigan. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060311/BUSINESS01/603110357

"The Indiana plant is a separate issue from a Toyota facility being courted by Michigan officials."

"But new plants will land mostly in the South, he said. Those are right-to-work states, and they're also where population is booming. "
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/business-3/114200566566470.xml&coll=6&thispage=2

I'm glad our union members make so much money in this state but it is unfortunate that our states labor laws help drive business to other states.

I think it would be nice if Flint would at least try and get Toyota to move to Buick city or somewhere. Buick City was actually based on a Toyota concept but I doubt that will happen. I personally feel a Lexus plant might work as Toyota should be able to shift production if necessary and the non union workers might be inclined to not unionize with union workers slowly losing their jobs.

I understand my stance might not be popular. It is much easier to just sit by and say goodbye to union jobs like we have been doing for a couple decades. The way things look we will continue sitting on the sidlings with our high unemployment rate.

Adam Ford
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:12 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: