FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I wonder if there is a difference

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Between an abandoned car and a stomen car that has been dumped somewhere?

Also, nice to see the little guy, and Flint business, get the contract. OUTSTANDING!!! That is truely good news!! Now those are the things that build trust and give hope. But, it takes awhile.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-35/1141921484271270.xml&coll=5
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

There is much more to this issue than meets the eye. So don't get all fuzzy feelin. I don't know all the facts so I won't provide rumors.

Rap
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Aren't I supposed to be the one that's always accused of being negative? Laughing
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

isn't this "moneymaker" of an idea only true IF people are willing to pay to recover the towed vehicles?

If the Mayor's estimate is correct; 7,000 cars, I presume the City will only recover their fees [plus what will it cost to implement & operate the facility and processing of vehicles] when they sell the vehicles that are not claimed.

Who runs that operation? Is Mayor Don involved in any scrap yards?

Will both the city and he profit from selling abandoned vehicles for scrap metal?

hmmmm...... Question
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:51 am 
rapunzel

So on this premise wouldn't the city only pick up vehicles that they stand to make a profit on? The vehicle that was pictured in the journal is still sitting at that intersection. weeks later...Nuff said

and Jerr bear I give negativity where it is due!
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:20 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: