FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Don Williamson
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Is there a list anywhere that shows what Williamson has done for Flint during his time in office? All I ever see is negative comments. Surely he has done something positive. Can anyone help me find out? Tell me. Point me. I'll look it up if you can cite a reference.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:54 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

He has paved some streets with money better spent on other things, police, fire, schools, water dept etc.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:51 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

You need to check your facts, the money spent repaving streets is 501 monies from the state, it did not come out the the general fund and could not be spent on other things, police, fire, schools, water dept etc...

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
He has paved some streets with money better spent on other things, police, fire, schools, water dept etc.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

City money never goes to the schools does it?
Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:32 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mileages pay for schools.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Didn't he give LaKisha a nice car to drive around in Houston, Texas. Plus some walking around money while she lives down in Houston, Texas, to pay her rent down in Houston, TX, and pay for her gas in new ride down in Houston, TX or whereever she lives..it ain't in Flint [well I guess, who could blame her?]

Also, he paved all the streets around the White Horse Tavern. I sure enjoy riding past there these days. I'm sure all the city/court/county government people who trek from their business sites to the White Horse daily sure appreciate it.
He promised and did repair the 3 bridges. I went over the Garland Street bridge the other day. Its so nice, that when I lose my job and home, I plan to live under that one. Anyone know where I can get a big refrigerator box?

Remember I got first dibs.

He also has done a respectable job setting up his shadow government, that really do go after citizen complaints and try to resolve them...especially if the media is watching.

When the donald did his weekly hour on the Dave Barber show [long defunct, RIP, the show that is, not the principals] people would call in with complaints..the donald never told them what department to call within the city government, he always gave his shadow gov't number, the one plastered all over the building...and usually during the hour, someone would call back and say the donald's secret staff were already on the scene evaluating/correcting the problem.

That's all I am aware of. Basically streets, oh and picking fights with all the other county, state government entities. You know calling the landbank head a slum lord [Dan Kildee] etc. he's pretty good at picking fights, usually with his own government, sometimes with citizens [newspaper deliverymen, contractors running things like the golf course restaurant etc].....
I'm sure too, all his and Patsy Lou's business friends are profiting quite nicely.

He's done a lot of positive things, .....if you are a friend of don or Patsy Lou.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:44 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

what kind of mileage does a school get?

i'm pretty disappointed with the mileage i get from my chevy Trailblazer. Way under 20 mpg, even on the highway. I might get me a school if the mileage is better.

oh and school revenue is through millages; at least in part. They get a per/student rate from the state. Millages have been passed [rarely] to augment and provide capital improvements for example for buildings.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:48 pm 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Did he make any campaign promises? Has he ever said what he would do? Has he kept his word? Sorry I no longer live in Flint and don't really know what is going on. I just really wondered if he was good for the city.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:44 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millage
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

what kind of mileage does a school get?

i'm pretty disappointed with the mileage i get from my chevy Trailblazer. Way under 20 mpg, even on the highway. I might get me a school if the mileage is better.

oh and school revenue is through millages; at least in part. They get a per/student rate from the state. Millages have been passed [rarely] to augment and provide capital improvements for example for buildings.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:30 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I remember reading a post on this board, or maybe some other, that listed the majority of his campaign promises:

* Pay $26.6 million debt with his own money

* Open a factory to employ 3,000-8,000 people, making Flint the "Vehicle Accessory Capitol of the World"

* Lower Water bills by 50% with a pipe line to Port Huron

* The Contractors Academy & the Millionaires Club

* Build 500 affordable homes every year

* Promise prompt police response times to 911 calls

* Resume ambulance service within 2 weeks of taking office

* Clean storm sewers so they won't back-up in basements

* Ensure streets swept monthly and all garbage picked-up

Promises made. Promises kept?
Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

He also said that after four years we would have a billion dollar surplus in the general fund.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:19 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
He also said that after four years we would have a billion dollar surplus in the general fund.

can you provide the source/citation?

i am surprised at the relative low level of media coverage and advertising emanating from these guys.

i realize they may have limited war chests, but when do we see ANYTHING in print on the radio or TV?

3 weeks out? 2 weeks out? 1 week out?

Even Williamson, with his ample money supply, all I see are yard signs.

when is going to be out buying votes?

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:34 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
I remember reading a post on this board, or maybe some other, that listed the majority of his campaign promises:

* Pay $26.6 million debt with his own money

* Open a factory to employ 3,000-8,000 people, making Flint the "Vehicle Accessory Capitol of the World"

* Lower Water bills by 50% with a pipe line to Port Huron

* The Contractors Academy & the Millionaires Club

* Build 500 affordable homes every year

* Promise prompt police response times to 911 calls

* Resume ambulance service within 2 weeks of taking office

* Clean storm sewers so they won't back-up in basements

* Ensure streets swept monthly and all garbage picked-up

Promises made. Promises kept?

Wasn't there a millionaires club? Did it disolve?
Police response could be down to an hour or two or three or even same day now although I have heard sometimes they don't respond until tomorrow.

In all fairness Williamson/Bill Ayers has been very successful in getting some streets done.

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well out of that list only one seems to be close to being true. During the Patsy Lou campaign we were getting the streets cleaned. ...
Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

lol Im a youth worker right? well we were working hard today, in mr gonzales ward. lol well kate fields came out, taking pictures of us, it was kind of creepy. lol i was thinking, how'd she find us? Don't these ppl have any other else to do, get a life and a job. maybe it was the mayor big van she followed, kind of scary tho nonetheless.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: