FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Michael Moore + Sicko
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

"Sicko's" Successful Weekend Puts My Movie in 200 More Cities Beginning Today!

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007

Friends,

The results are in from the weekend -- and they are amazing! "Sicko" more than doubled what industry insiders had predicted it would do for the weekend and, as I predicted, it did indeed have the second largest opening weekend in film history for a documentary (after F911). It also had the second highest per screen average for the weekend (after the Pixar animated film, "Ratatouille"). All this in spite of the fact, as Variety wrote, it's not been a very good year for documentaries at the box office. According to Variety, there have been 29 docs released in theaters in 2007, and they have grossed less than two million combined. What does it say about the state of affairs for non-fiction films if, in just three days, one film more than doubles what all 29 of them did together? I've decided I want to do something about this. I see so many great documentaries and it's a shame that most of you don't get to see them. Later this year, I will announce a new project that will help other filmmakers get the distribution they deserve.

Of course, if you live in Lincoln, NE; Bangor, ME; Reno, NV; New Haven, CT; Columbia, SC; or Oklahoma City, you didn't get to see "Sicko" this weekend either. But thanks to the massive turnout in the 440 theaters who had it, the studio has decided to expand "Sicko," TODAY (Tuesday, July 3) to 200 more theaters! And this Friday, they will add another 100 cities. Those of you who went to see it in the last few days have made it possible for others around the country to see my movie. Thank you.

So this will become the make-it-or-break-it week for "Sicko." Will you help me? Here's something you can do right now. Go to your address book icon on your computer and send a brief note to all your friends and associates about why they should see "Sicko." Then organize a group of your friends to go see "Sicko" some night this week. I promise you that you won't be disappointed. After all, what's the worst that could happen -- a pardon or a commutation from the President of the United States?

On Sunday, Canada celebrated the 45th anniversary of its free, universal health care system -- with its built-in bonus of living longer than we do. Why do they have this and not us? We've already taken their Stanley Cup from them for good. Let's demand we get to live as long as they do, too! What good is a dumb ol' Cup if we aren't around long enough to use it?

The letters you are sending me are powerful and profound. Thank you for sharing with me thousands of more stories about the criminal way our system operates. One woman wrote to say her dentist just gave her this choice: have all her teeth pulled, or pay him $30,000 to fix and rebuild them. She told me she's made the choice to give up her teeth -- a choice she was forced to make only because she lives from paycheck to paycheck in middle class America. This is a crime.

Go to your address book on your computer now and send out that e-mail to everyone you know and tell them to find their way to the theater this week. This film stands the chance of igniting a movement. Let's not let this moment pass.

Yours,

Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com

Ryan Eashoo

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Ryan I know you and Michael Moore are close friends, but gosh this guy is a slime ball. He doesn't do any good, he only ruffs up the hornets nest. Why is Michael Moore doing for Flint Michigan? or Davison Michigan for that matter? What is he doing to improve his hometown that has made him famous?

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:22 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Great point Flintworker. What has Michael Moore done for the city of Flint, or it's residents ? I think the guy is a turd.

I personally don't want socialized health care in the U.S., and don't give a rats hairy arse how Canada does theirs.
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:14 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Hippie Conservative Reviews Michael Moore's SiCKO

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
thehc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
Ryan I know you and Michael Moore are close friends, but gosh this guy is a slime ball. He doesn't do any good, he only ruffs up the hornets nest. Why is Michael Moore doing for Flint Michigan? or Davison Michigan for that matter? What is he doing to improve his hometown that has made him famous?
Hey Flintworker, I agree, Mike used Flint in the same way he accused GM of doing, Ironic isn't it? Ryan, since you know Mr. Moore, I have a question for you to relay to him. What happened to Ben Hamper? I spent a lot of time over his house and knew his whole family. In fact his brother Matt married my ex-girlfriend Jackie who was in Ben's book "Rivethead". When last I talked to Bob Hamper (another of Ben's brothers) he said Michael had abandoned Ben for higher placed friends, even though they started out together and Mike had even written the forward to his book. As a person who lived the Flint shopworker life that Mike pretends to have known, I'm insulted by the notion that he represents me........I don't abandon my friends.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:31 pm 
MysteryGuest
F L I N T O I D

Mr. Moore's response...

Link
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:42 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy Adam,

It would seem that the stats presented are pretty much on target with the 80/20 theory. Twenty percent do the work of the rest.

Yet at the same time, people in Germany are taxed approximately, notice I said approximately 38%!!!

What does a person/society do?

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:49 am 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Photo of Michael Moore giving $100,000 to Flint charities:

I just spent the weekend in Traverse City interviewing Ben Hamper. Ben and Mike have worked together at Radio Free Flint, WWCK, Flint Voice, Michigan Voice, Mother Jones, Roger & Me, Pets or Meat, TV Nation, Canadian Bacon, the list goes on and on -- they could not be closer.

Ben is even thanked in the Sicko film credits as Ben did some work on Sicko.

I guess the truth should never get in the way of a good Moore bash.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:52 am 
thehc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Shawn Chittle schreef:
Photo of Michael Moore giving $100,000 to Flint charities:

I just spent the weekend in Traverse City interviewing Ben Hamper. Ben and Mike have worked together at Radio Free Flint, WWCK, Flint Voice, Michigan Voice, Mother Jones, Roger & Me, Pets or Meat, TV Nation, Canadian Bacon, the list goes on and on -- they could not be closer.

Ben is even thanked in the Sicko film credits as Ben did some work on Sicko.

I guess the truth should never get in the way of a good Moore bash.
I got my info from Bob Hamper which is Ben's brother. Bob married Felicia Parmer who is also a close friend of mine . The conversation was at the funeral of Felicia's brother Mike. At the time Ben was in Florida taking care of his dying Father. The conversation was on a private level so maybe I was speaking out of turn and it was also a year or two back. It's possible they have since reconsiled their differences. I was only asking the question....which as a journalist of sorts....I can do. I have not seen Ben with Mike together publicly since Fahrenheit 9/11 which is when I was told they were not speaking, so it did raise the question. My intent was never to decieve and I could not find Ben Hampers name anywhere on any of the online versions of "SICKO" credits. site; http://www.showbizdata.com/movie/246384/SICKO I will review my version and see if I can find it however.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 pm 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Cool man, no biggie. Your info at the time was probably accurate, I don't know. Not lobbing accusations or anything like that. Just stating facts. Smile

As a journalist, you have to help me keep people honest! Opinions and commentary get mixed with facts a lot around Flint and the US in general, especially when it comes to Moore and associates! Smile
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:49 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

See Michael Moore is a liar! He sells non facts. Michael Moore needs to move to Cuba I guess. He is no better than GM, Michael Moore left Flint Michigan too.

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:

Link

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:55 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

The truth is that Michael Moore abandoned Flint like General Motors has. So why doesn't Michael Moore get any grief for that? Michael Moore does a film festival in Traverse City, not his home town of Flint Michigan.

The whole Michael Moore and Ryan Eashoo is like a big game, people have seen them together, have pictures of them together. But they both act like they don't know each other or like each other.

I seen a photo on a anti michael moore website with michael moore on eashoo's front porch.

Also, why does Michael Moore open a Flint office? Why does he always support other towns, but always uses Flint in his movies?

quote:
thehc schreef:
quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
Hey Flintworker, I agree, Mike used Flint in the same way he accused GM of doing, Ironic isn't it? Ryan, since you know Mr. Moore, I have a question for you to relay to him. What happened to Ben Hamper? I spent a lot of time over his house and knew his whole family. In fact his brother Matt married my ex-girlfriend Jackie who was in Ben's book "Rivethead". When last I talked to Bob Hamper (another of Ben's brothers) he said Michael had abandoned Ben for higher placed friends, even though they started out together and Mike had even written the forward to his book. As a person who lived the Flint shopworker life that Mike pretends to have known, I'm insulted by the notion that he represents me........I don't abandon my friends.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:59 pm 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

I guess its time to break out -- yet again -- my famous "Michael Moore debunker's kit" first published in the Uncommon Sense back in September of 2005, now reposted here. It will again automatically address all the same, tired, heard-it-before broken record Moore bashing. I'm so glad I wrote this almost 2 years ago, because it saves so much retyping.

- - -

Michael Moore Debunker’s Kit

Here for the first time is the simple “Top 10 Michael Moore Facts Debunker’s kit.” Just copy and paste after each Moore rant you see, because the kit has an automatic feature which addresses each and every anti-Michael Moore rant automatically!

10. Michael Moore’s official occupation is listed as “documentary filmmaker” not “wealthy industrialist,” “sugar daddy,” “billionaire philanthropist,” “Flint Michigan Chamber of Commerce Secretary,” or “Director of Tourism.” Please consult your dictionary for terms and conditions of this agreement.

9. The amount of death threats Mr. Moore gets from wackos during public appearances in Flint requires mandatory local law enforcement protection for the entire visit. If you wonder why Mr. Moore does not do more for Flint, you can obtain an easy answer by walking in front of a mirror. Because his enemies carry guns and his staff only carry cameras, the numbers just don’t work out. Therefore, it is just about impossible to setup a film production company in Flint or sponsor a film festival there. Instead, he chose conservative Traverse City, Michigan, about as far away from Flint as you can be in the Great Lakes State. Ironically, Traverse City is not far from the “gun from bank” scene in Bowling For Columbine. This is a convenient coincidence. If he gets death threats there, he can get guns and cash in a flash.

8. Mr. Moore’s “luxury” apartment in NYC is about the square footage of your dog bowl. Speaking of averages, as of 2005, the price of an “average” size apartment in Manhattan is over $1 million. Please, move your big fat house to Manhattan, they need more space.

7. A Lincoln Town car is NOT a “chauffeured limo” -- it is what you get when you stick your hand up in the air and hail a cab in Queens.

6. Anyone who cares about their child’s well being would not send their child to a public school in NYC, the best of which fill up in seconds of taking registrations. So, parents are often unable to find a good public school to send their child to. What to do? They find the closest private school and send them there instead. They do this in Flint too, it’s called C-A-T-H-O-L-I-C S-C-H-O-O-L.

5. People who appear in documentary films such as Roger & Me, ARE NOT ACTORS. Just like courtroom witnesses, evening newscast crash victims, lost dogs, and those weird people with time on their hands that answer Gallup polls, you cannot pay these people or else you are no longer making a DOCUMENTARY. If the people who appeared in Roger & Me were so upset with Michael Moore because he did not pay them, then why did most of them, such as Deputy Fred, the Rabbit Lady, and the Amway Lady appear in the sequel, “Pets or Meat”, two years later? Huh?

4. Michael Moore was born in Flint. Not Davison. His parents raised him in Davison, where he was elected to the school board at age 18, and tied the record for the youngest elected official in American history. My brother lives in Davison and paints houses. The houses are very small. He does not have to use much paint. It is not a suburb, it is a working-class small town.

3. Michael Moore is not afraid of white people. Just really, really white people, like you.

2. Michael Moore is not fat. You are watching “Super Size Me” a documentary he did not make.

1. Michael Moore does not actually exist. It is only the 90% of your brain you don’t use that comes up with these stupid rants in the first place.

— Shawn Chittle

- - -
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:36 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Very well put Shawn, I couldn't of said it any better. Where can people go to buy these kits for holiday gifts?

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:25 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: