FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jack Minore mailed 2400 postcards to support Ombudsman!!!!!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Dear Neighbor,

I’m writing to remind you that there is a critical Flint vote on Tuesday, February 28th – regarding two city issues. Naturally, everyone should learn about the issues and come to their own decision before voting. Because of my long history with the City government, I am writing to give you my views on these critical issues.

Proposal 1 is to renew the community policing millage. It is a renewal, and that means there is no increase in your tax rate. The millage pays for about 40 police officers and their equipment, and is absolutely critical for public safety. I am urging you to vote YES on proposal 1.

Proposal 2 deals with keeping the office of Ombudsman – as now required in the City Charter. The Ombudsman is a kind of “super complaint bureau” with the power to keep a check on city officials and procedures. Granted, that it has been ineffective in recent years, but the city’s financial problems coincided with the illness of the Ombudsman. If the office had been working right, many city problems might have been avoided. In prior years, that office found many ways to save us millions of dollars. I urge a NO vote on Proposal 2: a NO vote is a vote to KEEP the ombudsman!

Sincerely, Jack Minore

Your vote counts! Jack Minore
Vote Tuesday, Feb 28th! 610 Commonwealth Ave
Flint, MI 48503
I URGE YOU TO VOTE

YES on proposal 1
To renew the police millage and

NO on proposal 2
To keep the Ombudsman

Jack Minore
for State Senator

Paid for by the Jack Minore Campaign Committee
Bruce Trevithick, Treasurer 5073 Candlewood Dr Grand Blanc, MI 48423

[/i]
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: