FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: 12 people shot overnight in Flint...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I know my news is late but, 12 people shot in several overnight shootings. What in the world is going on in Flint? 9 people shot on Clio Road just a block from the old Collins/Reigle Funeral Home at a nightclub as people were exiting.
Down this way the Volusia Mall had a major fight in the food court between gangs of kids shoving, fighting, and throwing chairs across the mall.
Not sure where the youth of today is headed!
Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:13 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Man, this news must be a bitter pill to have shoved down your throat for all those "I see Flint through rose colored glasses" people.
Just goes to show what a violent sad pathetic place Flint is and has been for the past quarter century.
The sad part is that kids growing up in Flint see this type of behavior as "normal", that it's "no big deal". Just your average weekend night in Flint.
It cracks me up when people come on here and say "things are tough but they'll get better." Thats the biggest pile of stinky crap since they opened Autoworld.
Let me guess....Flint is building more downtown condos that 99% of Flint cant afford anyways!
Lets build a glass covered mall (Water Street Pavillion) and a big hotel (Hyatt) and maybe things will get better. Im sure those places can bring at least 200 low paying jobs! WAIT....people will .. because they aint union jobs!
Just everybody hunker down in they houses, put another car up on blocks in the yard and wait for things to get better in Flint. Just remind the kids to stay away from the windows after dark, you never know when a stray bullet might come whizzing at your head!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it! What a sad pathetic place Flint is!
Just to make sure I piss off everyone......Go to hell Joe!

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:56 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

There is something in the water! People of Flint are lethargic, and never speak out. The crime rate is out of control, but we continue to tolerate the murders! We must band together as a community to stop this carnage!

quote:
Richard schreef:
I know my news is late but, 12 people shot in several overnight shootings. What in the world is going on in Flint? 9 people shot on Clio Road just a block from the old Collins/Reigle Funeral Home at a nightclub as people were exiting.
Down this way the Volusia Mall had a major fight in the food court between gangs of kids shoving, fighting, and throwing chairs across the mall.
Not sure where the youth of today is headed!

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Al, its always easy to sit on the outside looking in and .. about things. I appreciate your concern for your birthplace, however it doesn't do any good to sit back and .. about it day after day! The people that live here already do that!

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Man, this news must be a bitter pill to have shoved down your throat for all those "I see Flint through rose colored glasses" people.
Just goes to show what a violent sad pathetic place Flint is and has been for the past quarter century.
The sad part is that kids growing up in Flint see this type of behavior as "normal", that it's "no big deal". Just your average weekend night in Flint.
It cracks me up when people come on here and say "things are tough but they'll get better." Thats the biggest pile of stinky crap since they opened Autoworld.
Let me guess....Flint is building more downtown condos that 99% of Flint cant afford anyways!
Lets build a glass covered mall (Water Street Pavillion) and a big hotel (Hyatt) and maybe things will get better. Im sure those places can bring at least 200 low paying jobs! WAIT....people will .. because they aint union jobs!
Just everybody hunker down in they houses, put another car up on blocks in the yard and wait for things to get better in Flint. Just remind the kids to stay away from the windows after dark, you never know when a stray bullet might come whizzing at your head!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it! What a sad pathetic place Flint is!
Just to make sure I piss off everyone......Go to hell Joe!

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Al,

Why do you WANT to piss EVERYONE off? You sure know how to stir things up (i guess i've been guilty of that on here too)

I thought you were only mean to me....but i see youre an equal opportunity mean bean(er)..lol

I see what the posters thnk...They think that It's almost like "im better than you because I live in Maine" and "hah, hah, you still livein Flint Michigan"...had they had the opportunity after high school to be a summer camp counselor in Maine like you did, maybe they would have established connections there as well and stayed.

Why be happy because a city has failed and the economy has kicked the bucket and thousands of people live in poverty and childen are the victims of violence? and why give up on a city with such historic significance?
why find joy in the decline in what is a big part of the American Automotive Industry that's been raped and pillaged by corporate greed and outsourcing.

People are the same everywhere, with lots of varied life experiences and cultures. No one person is better than another no matter where they live, their socio-econmic back ground, thier level of education or their profession. Remember that...Those Rose colored glasses are called optimism...try it sometime rather than being so mean and pessimistic..Youre supposed to be my big brother and a role model!

Better Made, Coneys and Vernors,
Vel

Last edited by MetroGirl on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Hey Al, Here's a suggestion:

Spend less time at your computer trying to rile up people from your "hometown" and more time exercising.

Maybe then you could post a pic of yourself that doesn't make you look like the embarrassingly chubby, blowhard you are.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Please JPTool...must you make fun of my gerth? I'm proud that Ive lost 20 pounds in the past couple months! Remember the ol' saying "Sticks and stones"? Lets stick to the facts about the city of Flint.
It's typical....I come on here to respond to yet another embarrassing stain (12 people shot) on the once finely tailored tuxedo of Flint and you, rather then defend Flint or argue the facts, you attack me personally. I guess desperate times call for desperate personal attacks. I'm used to that by now!
As far as Velda is concerned. Do I piss people off? Of course, speaking the truth about Flint pisses people off. They dont want to hear it. People have every right to be pissed off by my words but you or they cant argue with the message. The plain facts are that Flint is a sad, depressed dangerous place to live in. Those are the facts! People actually believe that Flint can come back. They have been saying that ever since you and I still had 8pm bedtimes!
Flint residents should be pissed at themselves for consistantly electing city officals that do not have the cities or residents best interest in mind. This has been going on for decades. How much money has been spent on electing these idiots and then attempting to recall them 12 months later. Seems like there are as many recall elections then elections themselves.
The city of Flint should be pissed off at that fat cat Dale Kildee who they continue to elect. The facts are that the federal government owes the city of Flint just based on history. Why isnt Kildee raising hell trying to get some of these governement contracts, even if they are for temporary jobs. I've said this on this site before. Our congressional delegation here in Maine fought tooth and nail for government military contracts. Why are military humvees being repaired and refurbished here in Maine and not where they should be getting fixed.....mid Michigan? Even with 2 or 3 year contracts, these people are making $25-$30 an hour. Couldn't Flint use these jobs? The federal government processing center just doubled in size here in northern Maine. Could government military paperwork be processed in Flint? A government contract was just awarded to a business here in Biddeford Maine to make tripods for military vechiles and the place is hiring another 100 people at around 45,000 a year. Did Levin, Stebenow or Kildee even attempt to get those jobs. Wouldnt you think that all Flint has done for the auto industry that Flint should have a chance for these contracts? Flint deserves those jobs! UNION or NO UNION??
Not sure in Flint would want these jobs.....you wouldnt be able to punch in at the start of your shift, leave for Nathan J's or The Raincheck to spend that hard earned money by placing it in some strippers g-string or buying round after round for your buddies and come back 8 hours later and punch out!
I guess when youre fat cats like Levin, Stebanow (no pun intended) and Kildee, its hard to wedge yourself out of that nice cushy leather chair in Washington and get up and make sure your people get what they truley deserve!
Yeah, Im pissed...the people of the city of Flint should be pissed, just not at me! If your gonna be pissed, be pissed at the people who have the power to make changes!
You can blame it on outsorcing, corporate greed, lack of education, socio-economic problems. Bottom line is that Flint is the most dangerous city in America. Those are the facts. You can have all the optimism you want....that wont put food on the table or make the schools better for the children of Flint.
So keep electing people like Woodrow Stanley, Brenda Clack, Don Williamson and Dale Kildee. Flint gets what Flint deserve!

Better coneys ands vernors?
I'll take a better education and quality of life for my children any day!
Al

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:42 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

I'm not sure I've seen anything in Flint as sad and frightening as this guy's glee over the chance to use the blood of innocent people as fodder to get some cyberspace attention on Flinttalk.com.

Go have sex with your wife. Go hug your kids. Go kiss Stephen King. Go do whatever it is you do in Maine when you're not beating up disabled cities for your precious 'what a nasty boy I am' rush.

And if you think we'd be making the world a better place by sucking off the Pentagon's tit so poor and desperate people can help murder other poor and desperate people in other parts of the world (which Congressman Kildee is already doing, (read, then rant)), you might find similar sadistic pleasure in enlisting yourself. Semper Fi! Make Flint proud, Lt. Col. Fathead.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:55 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Public D....FINALLY! Someone with balls!
I'll atleast respect you for that.

I'm not celebrating the fact that 12 people were shot in Flint. Its just another opportunity to prove just how big the problems are in Flint. Residents of Flint are numb to these type of statistics. I actually think that children think that these types of behaviors and actions are normal because thats all they are used to. This is the way they are brought up. Their older brother getting shot is like the average person in other part of the country coming down with the common cold. This types of "injuries'' are expected and accepted by most families in Flint. How sad is that?
Im not telling the truth to get some type of "cyberspace attention" as you call it. I've been spreading the realities of Flint for years!
Most people either love me or hate me. Take your pick!
I wont get into the political part of your comments. I stand by my words.
Most wont believe it but Im a bleeding heart liberal but it's time for a change in Congress. Flint need someone in Congress that will actually fight for what Flint desperately needs. That list is just way to long!

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

You say youre a bleeding heart? It's not bleeding for the families of Flint, MIchigan, thats for sure!

And...you misunderstood, my reference to
"better made, coneys and vernors" it was a sign off from Detroit...those are famous Detroit food products..

or maybe i should have said 'faygo', Cheli's Chili, and NAtional COney Island...

who knows?
wow this is the most my brother has talked to me in 10 years! just kidding...maybe!

Love ya Al

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Just another example of Flint Talk bringing families together for over 3 years!

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
You say youre a bleeding heart? It's not bleeding for the families of Flint, MIchigan, thats for sure!

And...you misunderstood, my reference to
"better made, coneys and vernors" it was a sign off from Detroit...those are famous Detroit food products..

or maybe i should have said 'faygo', Cheli's Chili, and NAtional COney Island...

who knows?
wow this is the most my brother has talked to me in 10 years! just kidding...maybe!

Love ya Al

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:30 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Al,

Some of what you say rings true (especially in terms of the political aspects in and around Flint). But you paint with a large and insulting brush when you bash Flint. I speak from experience when I say Flint can STILL be a great place to live if you like genuine and tenacious people.

Congrats on the 20 pounds of weight loss. But you're still a pompous chubster!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:18 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

OK, cant fight the comment about being a Pompus Chubster. I would be considered a king in some third world countries but anyways.........FEED ME SOME GRAPES!
It might seem like Im bashing Flint but Im just bringing up the truth. Dont be mad at the messenger, be mad at the message is what Im trying to say.
Do I sometimes paint outside the lines?..yes! Is the color somewhat off at times?..yes! But the final artwork is crystal clear. Flint has serious problems with violence, drugs, urban blight, unemployment, lack of a good quality education for children and the list goes on and on.
Absolutely NOTHING is being done by the people who have the power to make change. Thats what Im trying to say.
The residents of Flint have suffered for far to long. Flint is a city that has lost it's way. Citizens of Flint have gone mute in their desperate cries for help. No one in Lansing or Washington is listening.
Why did a little girl have to die of starvation in her own home on Flint's eastside? The one place she should be safe. Why did a little girl die from a bullet to her head out taking a test drive with her mom? Why did little Kayla Rowland get shot at school? Why are 11 or 12 year old kids running drugs for dope dealers? Guns, drug, violence in schools, teachers paying for supplies out of their own pockets, leaky ceilings in classrooms, schools closing, dangerous, unsafe boarded up homes, kids fighting with bats and knives at the mall, city counselors committing federal crimes and then play stupid, drive by shooting in once safe neighborhoods, whores selling their bodies right in broad daylight, a police force that steals, does drugs and lies to cover up their own crimes, dead bodies floating in the Flint River......these arent little problems. These are the cold hard facts.
How is that things will ever get better? Tell me? What are the great leaders of the city of Flint doing to make things better? N-O-T-H-I-N-G!
Yeah, be pissed. Just dont be pissed at me for pointing out the truth!

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:06 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling for Mayor

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:27 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

well, I think we agree on this point:

There are NO great leaders of Flint.

.....yet.

We'll see how the primary goes. There may be hope on the horizon.

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:45 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: