FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Norm Bryant's fake endorsees list
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

I did some research on some of the endorsees on
http://www.normbryantformayor.com/endorsements.html

Black Progress Now (with 1,800 members)
(not a real organization)

Flint Families First (chapter of American Families First)

What is going on here?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:06 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
I did some research on some of the endorsees on
http://www.normbryantformayor.com/endorsements.html

Black Progress Now (with 1,800 members)

Flint Families First (chapter of American Families First)

What is going on here?

YA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Norm Bryant is a good man and an upstanding citizen. Roscoe are you and the Walling Campaign now starting a negative attack on Norm Bryant? If so the Dale Weighill Campaign will come to Norm's defense. I suggest you stop this now.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:46 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Norm Bryant is a stand up guy and has no reason to make up bogus organizations.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Roscoe, I mean Shawn,
The link is just to a list, where is the proof? You are losing credibility here. Geez!
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

A pledge

My (exhaustive) research failed to come up with a phone number, mailing address, or website for any of those organizations I've listed, and I'll film an apology commercial to Norm and put it on ABC12 if you can find one. That, I promise!

Norm, the nice guy

I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about Norm. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally and he sure seems like a sweet gentleman. I saw Norm speak a few times at events. He seems like he is in fact, a nice guy. Smile

Norm, the inexperienced and unqualified

Being a "nice guy" do not qualify you to balance a $350,000,000 budget, run the 5th largest city in Michigan, turn around the most violent city in America, and a whole host of other issues! Rolling Eyes

How does a hairstylist and former shoprat think he can be an effective mayor? I've almost memorized his website - his main qualifications are former Flint school board member from 10 years ago? Give me a break! Other Michigan cities have amazing mayors! Mad

1. Detroit got Dennis Archer, he was a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE!
2. Lansing got Virg Bernero, a 22 year veteran of the LANSING CITY COUNCIL!
3. Kalamazoo got Hannah McKinney, who has a Ph.D. IN ECONOMICS!

This is not personal, this is business. When are people going to just own up to the fact that some of these candidates are just in over their heads? The business of finding THE BEST MAN (sorry no women running, a shame) for Flint mayor is what I'm all about! Anything less does not cut it! Mad

I don't care who it is! But they better be the BEST!

Norm, the guy who likes doing business in North Carolina

And what about normbryantformayor.com? It's hosted in North Carolina! How is that supporting Flint? You want to bring new business to Flint and you host your website in North Carolina?

normbryantformayor.com
112 Britt Court
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
United States
(919) 370-3071
Fax (919) 370-3071

If Norm and his campaign staff aren't bothering to do their homework nor be bothered with doing the very least to support local Flint businesses, then people like me will call them out on it! No one else seems to care! Crying or Very sad

Look at what you guys did in the school elections! You elected Dr. Michael Cross, you know talent and brains when you see it! I have hope!

We're at war, that means we need generals

We're at war, we need Patton, Macarthur, Eisenhower, not Private Pyle (that is a metaphor, not a personal attack)

Do some homework, then come to class

I'm kinda sick and tired of being the only one who does any real research and homework when everyone is just spouting opinion. Come to the table with some evidence.

I'm happy to debate the issues based on the evidence.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:26 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

I agree LunchLady

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
Roscoe, I mean Shawn,
The link is just to a list, where is the proof? You are losing credibility here. Geez!

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:30 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Wow! Thats awesome, so if someone can prove you wrong about this, you will put a commercial on ABC12 to apologize?

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
A pledge

My (exhaustive) research failed to come up with a phone number, mailing address, or website for any of those organizations I've listed, and I'll film an apology commercial to Norm and put it on ABC12 if you can find one. That, I promise!

Norm, the nice guy

I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about Norm. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally and he sure seems like a sweet gentleman. I saw Norm speak a few times at events. He seems like he is in fact, a nice guy. Smile

Norm, the inexperienced and unqualified

Being a "nice guy" do not qualify you to balance a $350,000,000 budget, run the 5th largest city in Michigan, turn around the most violent city in America, and a whole host of other issues! Rolling Eyes

How does a hairstylist and former shoprat think he can be an effective mayor? I've almost memorized his website - his main qualifications are former Flint school board member from 10 years ago? Give me a break! Other Michigan cities have amazing mayors! Mad

1. Detroit got Dennis Archer, he was a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE!
2. Lansing got Virg Bernero, a 22 year veteran of the LANSING CITY COUNCIL!
3. Kalamazoo got Hannah McKinney, who has a Ph.D. IN ECONOMICS!

This is not personal, this is business. When are people going to just own up to the fact that some of these candidates are just in over their heads? The business of finding THE BEST MAN (sorry no women running, a shame) for Flint mayor is what I'm all about! Anything less does not cut it! Mad

I don't care who it is! But they better be the BEST!

Norm, the guy who likes doing business in North Carolina

And what about normbryantformayor.com? It's hosted in North Carolina! How is that supporting Flint? You want to bring new business to Flint and you host your website in North Carolina?

normbryantformayor.com
112 Britt Court
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
United States
(919) 370-3071
Fax (919) 370-3071

If Norm and his campaign staff aren't bothering to do their homework nor be bothered with doing the very least to support local Flint businesses, then people like me will call them out on it! No one else seems to care! Crying or Very sad

Look at what you guys did in the school elections! You elected Dr. Michael Cross, you know talent and brains when you see it! I have hope!

We're at war, that means we need generals

We're at war, we need Patton, Macarthur, Eisenhower, not Private Pyle (that is a metaphor, not a personal attack)

Do some homework, then come to class

I'm kinda sick and tired of being the only one who does any real research and homework when everyone is just spouting opinion. Come to the table with some evidence.

I'm happy to debate the issues based on the evidence.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:31 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

The originator of this thread has no credibilty. It would be nice if he kept his opinions & accusations in New York.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

want to know if they are real organizations?

check www.guidestar.org a clearinghouse for all nonprofit orgs...All of their 990s, membership and board listings, etc.
Everything you want to know about an organization, you can find it here... including their finances...I use it to research potential clients/jobs on whether I want to work with or for them.

good luck!

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Velda, that's one of the sites I used in my research. Smile

BPinFlint, one more personal attack against me, and I'm going to the board management and lodge a formal complaint. You add nothing to this discussion by waging personal attacks against me. If I said "the sky is blue" you'd argue against it, even if I was right. Rolling Eyes

I'm not in New York, I'm in West Palm Beach. Razz
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:20 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that only you can attack people in this forum. Go to your board. Maybe, I'll start a legal defense fund for the people that you so carelessly maligned in your other posts.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:25 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Shawn, just because you can't find the endorsing organizations doesn't mean they don't exist.

Where and how someone registers a website is meaningless to locals who just want to be able to view the website contents (which appear well done, by the way). His website was registered through GoDaddy.com just as your own website was. So what?

You're just looking for something--anything--to discredit or demean the opponents of Dayne Walling. You're making such an effort here on this board to discredit the opponents that I suspect you and/or others you know are likely behind the so-called "survey" phone calls mentioned in previous threads.

You've acknowledged contributing to Dayne Walling's campaign, are you also a paid political consultant for him? [Acknowledging you wrote, "In no way am I employed by the Dayne Walling campaign." there's a distinction between employee and consultant.] And by the way, where are you registered to vote, Flint or New York? And where are your businesses registered? Black Tie Productions, Inc. automatically dissolved 07/15/2000 according to the Michigan corporation website and Roscoe Van Zandt Films isn't even listed there, though on your website you show a Flint address for both that is shown on the Flint tax assesor's site as being owned by someone else. [Edit 06/18/07: Black Tie Productions Assumed Name Certificate filed in Genesee County by owner Craig A. Center on 10-26-2004, expires 10-26-2009. Address of business is as stated on Shawn's website. The source website to verify this info was down at time of original post.]

Last edited by 00SL2 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Velda, Guidestar automatically picks up nonprofit organization names from the IRS. If the organization does not have enough income to file a 990 you won't find such info there. Guidestar is not required but a nonprofit can join if they wish. Nonprofits are also listed at the IRS site: www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96136,00.html
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Finally someone who at least tries to do some real homework! Thanks 00SL2! But I'm not running for mayor, so I politely decline to address your personal questions, as they are not relevant. I'm flattered. Really. Most of what you ask is answered already elsewhere on this board.

I'm sticking to issues and the candidates.

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Shawn, just because you can't find the endorsing organizations doesn't mean they don't exist.

Then find a phone, website, or address and list it. Very Happy I got an ABC12 price list for commercials.

quote:
00SL2 schreef:

His website was registered through GoDaddy.com just as your own website was. So what?

I didn't say register, I said host. Read my post again please.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:08 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: