FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Don Williamson likes elephants...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Williamson
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:51 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Remarkable little written for such a controversial figure.

it tells me he is very successful in keeping the prying eyes of the media out of his personal [and probably official] affairs.

How is that in this era of electronic communication/images & paparazzi; ...can an ex-con, with a lengthy and complex business record, and even more controversial if shorter public office record fly so low under the radar.

i was surprised to learn that the tragic death a Flushing youth turned out to be the Mayor's grandson earlier in the week.

I hear [very little] he has had multiple marriages and multiple children, along with his multiple business interests, yet very little is recounted as public knowledge that might help define this man's character and ability to lead a community for another 4 years.

How is that? [ok, that is a rhetorical question]

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Good points Biggie. I've heard many rumors about stuff. I'd post it but I don't feel like going to court in case anything is wrong. He does seem to be pretty secretive and it seems there's only the select few loyal supporters in his inner circle that know anything. I wonder how many people in Flint even know the details of what he went to prison for?

I talked to our county chairman before and she said Williamson didn't seem like a Republican to her. I think I saw quotes in the paper that Williamson somehow knows George Bush personally.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:18 am 
JustAskMe
F L I N T O I D

The Honorable Mayor of Flint is able to keep his private life private. Snaps to him for having the $$'s to carry that tab.

There has been a lot written about his youth/convictions. You can probably find it on microfilm at the Library. Takes time. I recall reading blurbs, but not the year's - otherwise I'd try to help narrow the search.

I disrespect the man, in large part based on his track record as the Honorable Mayor of Flint; as well as the type of character he has demonstrated while in office.

I respect the mans right to mourn his grandson. It is tragic when a young person dies, no matter what the cause. Much is being shared about this young mans life, amongst his friends and neighbors. Which is as it should be in the process of mourning a death.

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:36 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: