FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Dale Weighill just got busted...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Someone has some 'splainin to do.

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:58 am 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:

HUH? that makes no sense...

Last edited by mark thompson on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:41 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

[quote="mark thompson"]
quote:

HUH? that makes no since...

makes no SENSE?

I guess we are to know who that person is?

I have a guess...but I'm keeping it to myself.

Last edited by Biggie9 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:46 am 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Well if roscoe thought it was important enough to post in the first place. I guess he should tell us what it means. otherwise it makes no SENSE!
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:13 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Are you trying to say that Dale used a supporter for two photo ops? How scandalous!!! lol jk
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:53 am 
Debbie Hammond
F L I N T O I D

quote:

yeah, you do. how exactly is he "busted"?
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:02 pm 
Debbie Hammond
F L I N T O I D

hehehe...looks like Dale has some handsome men working on his campaign. where do i volunteer? Yow!
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:35 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Hold on, my phone is ringing.

Last edited by John Wilson on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

I just got a call from the Weighill campaign to clarify the people in the photos:

"This is Shawanda Jeffries. As you can see by the bars on the windows, Dale met her at the Dort Highway women's shelter. She agreed to do an ad with Dale when we discovered, like the original Star Wars movie, we didn't have any black people. Although we tried, she drew the line when we asked if she would wear a Darth Vader costume and be our campaign mascot."

"This is Linda Murphy. She was in the Women's Emergency Brigade during the Sit Down Strike in 1937. She used to beat up cops and once nearly clubbed a GM security guard to death when he told her the colors in her beret and armband didn't match. Dale is pointing at her collection of Tommy guns and wondering if she would make a donation to the Flint Police Department armory."

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:13 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Roscoe, what are you trying to say? I don't understand what you mean with the first 2 pics and why would you make that stuff up about these last 2? Some people might believe you. That is not fair. Dale said he is not going to run a negative campaign, I hope he sticks to it. I hope Dayne does too. You are not doing Dayne any good if you slam his competition. We know you are a friend of his and he must read this board. I am still deciding between Dale and Dayne. I Really like both of them. If Dayne's people really did cut the nets down to take pics in the park then that is not honest. If they are really push polling then I think that is a little shady too. I won't believe it though until I find out for sure that it is true. As far as I know Dale and Dayne are both running for the right reasons and the more I find out about Neely the more I like him too. I can't believe we actually have some real and decent choices this time.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Oh, and the lady in the first pic is Evelyn at Rolls R Ready, she makes a great oatmeal cookie. Very Happy
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Please don't hit QUOTE button to respond to post with pictures. Just hit REPLY and copy and paste the quoted words if necessary. I have trouble with double vision as it is. Smile
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:54 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

I find it interesting that Mr. Chittle, a good friend & supporter of Dayne Walling would write "Shawanda Jeffries... at the women's shelter..." when the woman in the photo is actually a respected business woman in the city. Maybe you should take down that picture of Roscoe & change your name- Roscoe would probably like that. RACIST!!!
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:40 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have talked with Mr. Van Zandt on the a few time and I can honestly say he is not a "RACIST".

What difference does it make if Roscoe is a Friend of Dayne Walling??

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I'd say so, Roscoe. Those photos you posted appear to have been copied from aNewFlint.org and cropped or were you the original photographer? Their web pages are "© Copyright 2006, Committee To Elect Dale Weighill 4 Flint, 2301 Windemere Ave. Flint, MI 48503, Web Design & Development By Dean Keipert." The photos also appear in blue and white in Dale Weighill's campaign literature.

Since you're in New York/Flint and admit to contributing to and holding a fundraiser for Dayne Walling's campaign, do you have any first hand knowledge of the "poll" being made on his behalf?
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: