FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dishonest Dayne Walling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

From the Flint Journal via MLIVE

Bio: Dale Weighill

Birthdate: July 1, 1970
Occupation: President and CEO of the Resource Center; political science instructor at Mott Community College
Family: Single
Education: Bachelor's in political science from University of Michigan-Dearborn; master's degree in political science from American University in Washington, D.C.; southern Africa study abroad program at Mary Washington College in Virginia
Political experience: Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, 1989-95; political intern and legislative aide, managed several Detroit-area races
Hobbies: Photography, travel, reading, volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Visually Impaired Center

Anybody from the Weighill camp care to tell us for whom did Dale manage campaigns?
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:31 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
From the Flint Journal via MLIVE

Bio: Dale Weighill

Birthdate: July 1, 1970
Occupation: President and CEO of the Resource Center; political science instructor at Mott Community College
Family: Single
Education: Bachelor's in political science from University of Michigan-Dearborn; master's degree in political science from American University in Washington, D.C.; southern Africa study abroad program at Mary Washington College in Virginia
Political experience: Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, 1989-95; political intern and legislative aide, managed several Detroit-area races
Hobbies: Photography, travel, reading, volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Visually Impaired Center

Anybody from the Weighill camp care to tell us for whom did Dale manage campaigns?

Here's your answer.... I worked with Dale on those campaigns and they were not for laura toy. The campaigns Dale was talking about were the School Board races and millage campaigns in livonia. They are NON PARTISAN races. Get your facts straight before you assume things.[/b

[b]The only partisan campaigns Dale has ever worked on have been for Democrats.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:23 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Sara Simmons"]One way to judge a person's character is to see how they react to adversity. Do they handle it with integrity, maturity, and optimism, or do they react negatively and lash out at people?

Dayne Walling, for example, is facing off against two very capable public servants in this year's mayor's race: Sheldon Neeley and Dale Weighill. Both men have records of public and community service here in Flint. Both are good guys who are running campaigns based on issues important to the city. Both would make fine Mayors.

Dayne realizes Sheldon and Dale represent a threat to his dream of becoming Mayor. Instead of emphasizing the merits of his plan for Flint and engaging in a healthy debate about our future direction, Dayne has decided he needs to "knock these guys down a few pegs" (I am quoting him directly). So, his campaign is paying for a "survey" that makes misleading statements to Flint voters in the hopes of damaging his opponents.

Does this sound like a man of character? You be the judge.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen, Sara! I know both Dale and Sheldon. They have been consistent in their desire to see this be a campaign about issues important to Flint voters (crime, jobs, etc.). They have steadfastly refused to go negative against any of the people challenging Mayor Williamson. Their respective performances in last week's debate attest to this. Dale even mentioned his admiration for the other candidates.

As you can see from the posts on here, the pro-Walling folks don't get it. Misleading statements like the ones being made on here and in Dayne's "push poll" are not what this campaign should be about.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:50 pm 
Debbie Hammond
F L I N T O I D

I was at the debate last week when Dayne Walling refused to answer the question of why the mayor shouldn't be the mayor. He said that he refused to speak about Don Williamson when he wasn't there to defend himself. Well Dayne's "Good Ol' Boy" routine obviously fooled some of you, according to some of the posts I've been reading. Dayne has decided to go about mudslinging in a much sneakier way.

For those of you who don't know, these so called "surveys" are actually a campaign strategy. George Bush used this strategy. Dayne Walling hired a company to call thousands of people to conduct a slanderous push poll, or "survey" as he calls it. This company's "survey" is making Dayne look like an angel, while lying about his opponents. The "survey" said that Dale Weighill is a Republican.

I know for a fact that Dale is a Democrat. I was a student in Dale's political science class 5 years ago. He told me himself that he was a Democrat. By the way, doesn't anyone know that this is a nonpartisan position?! (I learned that in Dale's class, hehe.) Wink

I am definately voting for Dale. Check out his platform. He covers every issue concerning Flint. No other candidate has such an extensive plan. I believe he will do everything he says.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:52 pm 
Sara Simmons
F L I N T O I D

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
quote:
Sara Simmons schreef:
quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
Weighhill a Dem? Didn't he run several Republican campaigns for Republicans in Livonia?

Dale has never run or worked on a Republican campaign. He did work for several months for a Republican House member in Lansing, but never did any campaign work for her or the Republican party. He has, however, worked on a bunch of Democratic campaigns: Gore, Clinton, Dukakis in '88, etc.

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!!! HE WORKED ON LAURA TOY'S (R)- LIVONIA campaign!!!

Why not return to his hometown of Livonia and run for Mayor there?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. I'd be interested in knowing what your source is because Dale has never worked on, volunteered for, or participated in any of Laura Toy's campaigns or any other Republican campaigns.

B. The fact that you suggest Dale should move away from Flint and run for Mayor in Livonia is absurd on its face. (Who ever heard of a person living away from his hometown for 10 years and then moving back to run for Mayor?!). Dale has a great record here in Flint -- as an educator at Mott, as the CEO of the Resource Center, and as a volunteer for a number of local nonprofits. He has served in a number of national, state, and local leadership positions over the years, representing Flint very well in each. In short, he's spent his entire adult life in Flint, making his home and career here.

Based on his talent and record of public service in Flint, it seems to me more than short-sighted (not to mention small-minded and parochial) to suggest he shouldn't run for Mayor because he wasn't born here. Now, if you think he shouldn't be Mayor because of his positions on the issues then that's a different story and should be debated.

What I'm hearing so far, however, is not a discussion of the issues, but misleading personal attacks based on innacurate information. I urge any fair-minded person reading this to search Flinttalk for any reference to Dale's positions on the issues facing Flint. You will not find a single one. Instead, it's all personal attacks.

The premise of my original post stands: Dayne Walling is paying for misleading telephone calls to be made to voters in Flint. These calls distort the records of at least two of his opponents (Neeley and Weighill). Dayne should know better and needs to rise above the negativity and start running a campaign based on the issues.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:51 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling is a Blue Tiger Democrat running for a nonpartisan office.
http://www.votewalling.com/bluetigers.php There is more information about the Blue Tiger Dems and Dayne's connection in previous threads on this forum.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:48 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

thats the good and the bad of forums like these...anyone can "say" anything. fact, fiction, truth, rumour, its the internet.

its a gratuitous assertion until there are facts presented to support it.

thus it can be gratuitously disregarded.

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:58 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

From the postings over the last couple of days - I'm guessing this campaign is going to get pretty nasty!

Let the fun begin!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:12 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Agreed Biggie.

Photos, references, links to source articles and materials are about the only way to really make an argument of fact on the Web. Look at Wikipedia -- it's great, but without those source links at the bottom, it's just hearsay. It's supposedly quite accurate, but one should never use a single source when one "has" to know.

For example, I'm dying to know what the transcript/script of these "push" calls were, as they were labeled "misleading and false" but I can't know what was allegedly misleading and false until someone posts the transcript. Rolling Eyes

Additionally, loyalties and relationships need to be disclosed on this board. Any comments about this candidate or that candidate must be taken with a grain of salt unless we know where your loyalties lie. Wink

For example, I've contributed some major $ to the Walling campaign, and did a fundraiser for him in NYC. But I do not agree with everything he says and does. I kinda like him the way Michael Moore likes Wesley Clark -- he's just the most electable guy -- not perfect -- but perfect for the job.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:32 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
I've contributed some major $ to the Walling campaign, and did a fundraiser for him in NYC.

That's interesting. I have heard Walling had a lot of money coming in from outside of Flint and outside of Michigan. I'll definately want to pull up those records when his cash is done rolling in. Did Walling fly out to NYC for the fundraiser?

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:29 pm 
Debbie Hammond
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:

For example, I'm dying to know what the transcript/script of these "push" calls were, as they were labeled "misleading and false" but I can't know what was allegedly misleading and false until someone posts the transcript. Rolling Eyes

You're a buddy of dayne's. You could probably ask him to post the script of his surveys. If it's just a survey then he has nothing to hide.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:36 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Wow this has really taken off really fast, I encourage everyone to go to each candidates campaign headquarters. Talk to each candidate and pick which one you like the best! Take whatever you hear with a grain of salt folks, and get the facts yourself!

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

Mr . wallings campaign and suppoters like ROSCOE VAN SANDT aka SHAWN CHITTLE need to stop this negative campaigning and stop making fun of people like EVELYN who are business women downtown FLINT by calling them SHWANDA JEFFERIES from DORT HWY!!! it is racist and apalling !!!!! how disgusting . It's not funny and certaingly no joke Roscoe. We need to talk about issues.. not make fun of people.

Last edited by philanthropiclady on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:44 am 
wc11
F L I N T O I D

To even mention Shawn Chittle and the word "racist" is in the same post is "appaling" and "disgusting". I have known Shawn Chittle for many years and trust me...he is not racist. I find humor in philanthropic lady's obsurd statement. Shawn only wants to see the City of Flint grow and become once again a prosperous city.

There are many not only locally, but nationally that want to see the City of Flint become a leader once again. The people bashing Dayne Walling for his "phone surveys" on this discussion board need to take a look at themselves, b/c they are doing the same thing they are upset with Dayne's campaign for.

Presently, I do not know who would be the best Mayor for the City. I need to continue to read more about each candidate, but Dayne and Dale are at the top of my list
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:02 am 
circa99
F L I N T O I D

I've heard from several people about recieving misleading phone calls via Daynes camp. im sure he can say with a "clean" concious that he isnt going to pay dirty...however, his followers feel compeled to play in the mud. I dont understand the controvery about Dales pamplits and pictures. Theres a picture of the same guy in both...well that leads me to assume that he supports Dale, why else would he agress to be affiliated with him. it also leads me to assume that he lives in Flint and is a voter. So, yay he's definetly got one vote from the public of Flint!

I've met Dale hes bright, very smart and honetly has a deep love for flint and its possibilities. I hope people will be smart enough to give all canidates a chance. I saw that someone suggested you contact Dale. I think you should, i think everyone should. hes very interested in diologue with residents. he's honest and has a good plan with positive fore seeable outcomes
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: