FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

www.anewflint.org

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Here is the link for the Flint Journal's Article on the debate last night.
Dale did very well and with some very good quotes in this article.

http://www.mlive.com/flint/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-44/1181311105256850.xml&coll=5

www.anewflint.org
Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:08 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

There was not debate? Do you people know what a debate is?? It was a blame game.

Da Don is bad... Da Don must go!

I had to laugh out loud when I heard Big David Davenport say he was going to bus people out of Flint to work!

Where does he think the monies are going to come from to bus people out of town to work and where is going to bus these people to?

I have a better idea and it it be cheaper, why not just give people a one-way ticket to the destination of choice plus $1000.oo.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The prize goes to Tamra Edwards for being the first to play the race card!! You go gurl!

"The city is only as great as the people that live here and right now our people are being held hostage. We're being treated like slaves and (Williamson) needs to be replaced," said Tamra Edwards, one of four black candidates.

Held hostage and being treated like slaves? Hmmm maybe it time for Flint to pay reparations??

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for passing that along, Dale is very talented.

\
quote:
mark thompson schreef:
Here is the link for the Flint Journal's Article on the debate last night.
Dale did very well and with some very good quotes in this article.

http://www.mlive.com/flint/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-44/1181311105256850.xml&coll=5

www.anewflint.org

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Bus people to work outside of Flint/Genesee County?? Wow... What a brillant thinker, GO DAVEN-PORTER!!

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
There was not debate? Do you people know what a debate is?? It was a blame game.

I had to laugh out loud when I heard Big David Davenport say he was going to bus people out of Flint to work!

Where does he think the monies are going to come from to bus people out of town to work and where is going to bus these people to?

I have a better idea and it it be cheaper, why not just give people a one-way ticket to the destination of choice plus $1000.oo.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:47 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh why do people do this???? The Race Card doesn't trump anything, it only makes people look ignorant!

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
The prize goes to Tamra Edwards for being the first to play the race card!! You go gurl!

"The city is only as great as the people that live here and right now our people are being held hostage. We're being treated like slaves and (Williamson) needs to be replaced," said Tamra Edwards, one of four black candidates.

Held hostage and being treated like slaves? Hmmm maybe it time for Flint to pay reparations??

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Gosh why do people do this???? The Race Card doesn't trump anything, it only makes people look ignorant!

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

I AGREE!!! Playing the race card does make you look ingnorant. That's why Herb Cleaves was voted off the school board, thank god!!... We need to bring this commnunity TOGETHER! Black and White as one....and I think Dale can do it.
Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:18 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Dale's statements like Williamson "can only get along with the people that he's bought and paid for" cause me to wonder how he's going to handle the "race card" being played. Remarks like his are not what I want in a leader, it makes him no better than the man he's calling a "bully."
Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

[quote="00SL2"]Dale's statements like Williamson "can only get along with the people that he's bought and paid for" cause me to wonder how he's going to handle the "race card" being played. Remarks like his are not what I want in a leader, it makes him no better than the man he's calling a "bully."[/quote]

Don bought votes in the last election. He was handing out 5$ bills this year on the east side and paying people 50$ to sign his petition. Is this what we call ethical? All Dale is trying to do is shed light on the fact that Williamson thinks he can buy people with his money! Dale is not about playing the race card.. he believes in bringing people together. Why dont you call him yourself (00SL2) instead of making assumptions. www.anewflint.org 810-232-3967
Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:18 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Steve Myers"]There was no debate? Do you people know what a debate is?? It was a blame game.

[quote]

Perhaps it would have been a debate if Don would have shown up but it doesn't seem like he shows up to anything. I heard people saying he never attended any forums last time around either. A couple candidates mentioned that they would actually show up to city council meetings. What a positive thing for Flint. A mayor and council that actually have public meetings with each other. Isn't that what all those other cities in Genesee county do? One highlight for me was when the mayor of Linden was introduced.

What has Don done? There's more to running a city than paving streets and balancing a budget. We need a mayor that can read and follow the city's constitution. We need an official police chief. We need a master plan. We need to keep our social welfare dollars in Flint instead of donating them back to the federal government.

It's a bit challenging to run a city with little people skills and little political skills.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Mark, I have made no assumptions and I don't need to call Weighill. He has insulted citizens of this community who do get along with the mayor by stating they do so only by being bought and paid for; therefore, with this blanket categorization, I have a concern about how he will respond to the race card being played by others.
Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:09 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I never got any money, I got screwed!

quote:
mark thompson schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Dale's statements like Williamson "can only get along with the people that he's bought and paid for" cause me to wonder how he's going to handle the "race card" being played. Remarks like his are not what I want in a leader, it makes him no better than the man he's calling a "bully."

Don bought votes in the last election. He was handing out 5$ bills this year on the east side and paying people 50$ to sign his petition. Is this what we call ethical? All Dale is trying to do is shed light on the fact that Williamson thinks he can buy people with his money! Dale is not about playing the race card.. he believes in bringing people together. Why dont you call him yourself (00SL2) instead of making assumptions. www.anewflint.org 810-232-3967

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:15 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

www.anewflint.org

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:16 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don showed up at the Neighborhood Recovery Group's meeting at the northside ministation a couple weeks ago. He dropped $200.00 in the Kitty & Patsy dropped $300.00 in. Patsy said she couldn't let Don outdo her.

Dale Weighill showed up at the Milbourne Avenue Block Club's cleanup today & spent 2 hours on the back of a garbage truck with me, riding around the area picking up trash.

Haven't seen or heard from any of the other candidates yet.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: