FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

You obviously have no idea what the term "carpet bagger" means
Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:29 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

This is an interesting discussion.

I had mentioned early on in the Flint mayoral race that three of the leading contenders for Flint mayor all had initials of "DW" and Dale and Dayne are both young, white and professional and that confusion will reign.

Although FlintWorker67 just made a typo by saying "Dale Walling" -- he proves my point. The two candidates are so similar, come voting time, I wonder if a a significant number of mis-punched ballots could cause a major problem come vote counting time a la Florida in 2000, where people misread and misunderstood how to vote for 'their' candidate.

Forget not, Don Williamson is also in the primary (even more 'splitting'). If Don gets less than, say, 40% of the vote at primary, he's a goner.

Even if the other primary winner (Dale, Dayne, etc.) have a lower percentage themselves, they will get ALL or MOST of the non-Don votes in the November election -- the balance of the electorate. People are going to vote against Don in mass droves in this election.

The black vote is a wildcard. After the recall, we now know that anyone, even a populist mayor like Stanley, can be voted out.

We'll know at the primary who will win in the final election just by the vote distribution.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I hear people confusing the names A LOT, FlintWorker67 is either confused or being a smart ass!

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:

I had mentioned early on in the Flint mayoral race that three of the leading contenders for Flint mayor all had initials of "DW" and Dale and Dayne are both young, white and professional and that confusion will reign.

Although FlintWorker67 just made a typo by saying "Dale Walling" -- he proves my point. The two candidates are so similar, come voting time, I wonder if a a significant number of mis-punched ballots could cause a major problem come vote counting time a la Florida in 2000, where people misread and misunderstood how to vote for 'their' candidate.

Forget not, Don Williamson is also in the primary (even more 'splitting'). If Don gets less than, say, 40% of the vote at primary, he's a goner.

Even if the other primary winner (Dale, Dayne, etc.) have a lower percentage themselves, they will get ALL or MOST of the non-Don votes in the November election -- the balance of the electorate. People are going to vote against Don in mass droves in this election.

The black vote is a wildcard. After the recall, we now know that anyone, even a populist mayor like Stanley, can be voted out.

We'll know at the primary who will win in the final election just by the vote distribution.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Ryan I did honestly get the names mixed up, The whole D W name thing is very confusing. I also ran into Duane Wilford who is running as a write in yesterrday ( he knocked on my door ).

Ryan do you know what they say about smart asses at city hall don't you?
Nobody likes a smart ass, but everyone likes a piece of ass! Ryan I knew your family when they worked for the city. Your a smart guy with a ton of potential, but get caught up with Don Williamson and Co.

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I hear people confusing the names A LOT, FlintWorker67 is either confused or being a smart ass!

quote:

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:37 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

I am a black voter who plans to vote for the best candidate, I get these names confused often.

quote:

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:38 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

FlintWorker is not the only preson getting the names mixed up. When I was talking to people after the debate I often had to say not just the name but which side of the table Dale and Dayne were on.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:26 am 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling has started making negative phone calls about Dale and Sheldon Neeley to voters in Flint. I say Dale and the other candidates align to defeat Dayne and Mayor Williamsons negative attacks.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:08 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

My apologies, of course! A neighbor of mine said this guy came to her door, passing out literature. He also gave her a sticker to use at the polls to put on the ballot to write him in. Is this legal?

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
Ryan I did honestly get the names mixed up, The whole D W name thing is very confusing. I also ran into Duane Wilford who is running as a write in yesterrday ( he knocked on my door ).

Ryan do you know what they say about smart asses at city hall don't you?
Nobody likes a smart ass, but everyone likes a piece of ass! Ryan I knew your family when they worked for the city. Your a smart guy with a ton of potential, but get caught up with Don Williamson and Co.

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

quote:

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:
Dayne Walling has started making negative phone calls about Dale and Sheldon Neeley to voters in Flint. I say Dale and the other candidates align to defeat Dayne and Mayor Williamsons negative attacks.

That's a flat out lie.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:50 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:

That's a flat out lie.

It's a lie? um i dont think so.... Dale and Sheldon talked to Dayne this week and he admitted to doing the survey!~!!!! Sheldon neeley can verify that. As to the question on the survey... there are people that have confirmed that they recieved the phone poll call and it says Dale is a republican... which is untrure
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:15 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

It seems you are selectively leaving out information.

You said Walling is making negaive phone calls about the other candidates, yet say it's a survey. Well I hate to break it to you but, politics involves surveys and polling of a small percentage of the population. You are making it seem like Walling is personally calling all of you and telling you that the other candiadtes are the Oogie Boogie in your closet.

What EXACTLY does the survey ask? C'mon I want to hear the EXACT phrasing that's being used.

Otherwise, you are the slinging mud here, Ma'am..
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Personally I don't give a shi-at if somebody is democrat, republican, martian, blue, black, white, hetero, homo, bi or dead. I'm going to vote for whoever I think is the best for the long term interest of the city. Throw all the facts/experience/ideas/intelligence/charisma and skills down on paper and the winner in my book is Dayne.

That's the thinking man's choice. Unfortunately not enough Flintoids use their brains.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:19 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Agreed. Dayne Walling is the thinking man's candidate...perfectly said.

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
It seems you are selectively leaving out information.

You said Walling is making negaive phone calls about the other candidates, yet say it's a survey. Well I hate to break it to you but, politics involves surveys and polling of a small percentage of the population. You are making it seem like Walling is personally calling all of you and telling you that the other candiadtes are the Oogie Boogie in your closet.

What EXACTLY does the survey ask? C'mon I want to hear the EXACT phrasing that's being used.

Otherwise, you are the slinging mud here, Ma'am..

Politics does involve surveys. This was not a survey. This was a Push Poll designed as an attack on Dale and Sheldon. Anyone with some politcal knowledge can differentiate between a survey and a push poll. surveys ask legitimate questions. push polls say negative things about the other candidates. which is what Dayne is doing. heres a definition directly from the website for THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF POLITCAL CONSULTANTS :

A push poll is a political campaign technique in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll. Push polls are generally viewed as a form of negative campaigning. Push polling has been condemned by the American Association of Political Consultants.

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:22 am 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Again, all we have is your word that these are negative attacks?? A Weighill supporter? Of course you are going to say that..

Do you have a transcript of these so called "push polls"?? So basically you are asking us to rely on YOUR recollection of the event?

Let's see the questons and we'll make up our own minds..

Thanks for playing tho...
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:38 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: