FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Don showed up at the Neighborhood Recovery Group's meeting at the northside ministation a couple weeks ago. He dropped $200.00 in the Kitty & Patsy dropped $300.00 in. Patsy said she couldn't let Don outdo her.

Dale Weighill showed up at the Milbourne Avenue Block Club's cleanup today & spent 2 hours on the back of a garbage truck with me, riding around the area picking up trash.

Haven't seen or heard from any of the other candidates yet.

[/b]THANK YOU DALE .. we need more people out in the community making a difference. He'll make an excellent mayor btw.
Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:01 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

So Dale and Don in the finals??

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Don showed up at the Neighborhood Recovery Group's meeting at the northside ministation a couple weeks ago. He dropped $200.00 in the Kitty & Patsy dropped $300.00 in. Patsy said she couldn't let Don outdo her.

Dale Weighill showed up at the Milbourne Avenue Block Club's cleanup today & spent 2 hours on the back of a garbage truck with me, riding around the area picking up trash.

Haven't seen or heard from any of the other candidates yet.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"] So Dale and Don in the finals??

I think the ideal race would be Dale and Sheldon Neeley but who knows.... Don Williamson may not make it through the primary. We will see!
Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I have met with Weighill and he is by far the best suited person for the position(out of those running). Does he have the best chance of being elected.....probably not. Also, I believe he would have no problem handling the race card in the city, and most (90%) of the Williamson supporters are bought and paid for.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Bossman I happen to think Dale is an Awesome guy and would make a great Mayor. However, how do you know 90% of the mayors supporters are bought and paid for? I think thats an unfair assumption on your part! Its an insult in fact to people who do support the mayor! I who has supported the Mayor, have never been bought or paid for.

quote:
Bossman schreef:
I have met with Weighill and he is by far the best suited person for the position(out of those running). Does he have the best chance of being elected.....probably not. Also, I believe he would have no problem handling the race card in the city, and most (90%) of the Williamson supporters are bought and paid for.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Bossman I happen to think Dale is an Awesome guy and would make a great Mayor. However, how do you know 90% of the mayors supporters are bought and paid for? I think thats an unfair assumption on your part! Its an insult in fact to people who do support the mayor! I who has supported the Mayor, have never been bought or paid for.

quote:
Bossman schreef:

Stand up for yourself Ryan.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:09 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, Congrats on being in the minority. (10% unpaid supporters). It's no secret that the mayor compensates people to support him. The most glaring examples are right in city hall. Peggy Cook-City Administrator(has anyone ever seen her in City Hall), Herbert Cleaves-No one knows what he does(has an office in the mayors office though), Bob Cook-Blight control something or other(gopher for McDonalds for the prisoners sweeping the City parking lots), Joe Wilson(From Sheriff of the county to maitre' de for an ex-convict) and the list goes on. Have you ever noticed all the people driving Rendevous' with Patsy Lou dealer plates on them around Flint. Hmmmm. I'll go on record now...When "The Don" finishes ruining...er...I mean running Flint we will be in far worse shape than we were when the State took over.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:17 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I had to laugh out loud when I heard Big David Davenport say he was going to bus people out of Flint to work!

You're quite right Steve. Busing Flint citizens out of Flint to work in other places was one of the main factors in what caused the murder of little 1st grader Kayla Roland. It was one of the main storylines in some little unknown movie no one saw called

BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE

Apparently, Mr. Davenport hasn't seen it. I wondered who the last person would be!
Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Ryan, Congrats on being in the minority. (10% unpaid supporters). It's no secret that the mayor compensates people to support him. The most glaring examples are right in city hall. Peggy Cook-City Administrator(has anyone ever seen her in City Hall), Herbert Cleaves-No one knows what he does(has an office in the mayors office though), Bob Cook-Blight control something or other(gopher for McDonalds for the prisoners sweeping the City parking lots), Joe Wilson(From Sheriff of the county to maitre' de for an ex-convict) and the list goes on. Have you ever noticed all the people driving Rendevous' with Patsy Lou dealer plates on them around Flint. Hmmmm. I'll go on record now...When "The Don" finishes ruining...er...I mean running Flint we will be in far worse shape than we were when the State took over.

yeah, but we'll have nifty ROADS! [if they don't disintergrate in a few years, as I suspect they might be under-constructed].

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

What the hell, I guess I am getting screwed!!! I think Peggy Cook is very qualified for the City Administrator Job, she is very intelligent woman! She has worked very hard for this city and her ward!

quote:
Bossman schreef:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:

I think the ideal race would be Dale and Sheldon Neeley but who knows.... Don Williamson may not make it through the primary. We will see!

I agree 100% with that. I think Dale and Sheldon are the 2 best candidates.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:42 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Peggy Cook is qualified?!?! Exactly how did that happen. Being an unemployed housewife or a City Councilperson for a couple years hardly makes you qualified. If she had what it takes to be city administrator then she would be one for real....not just in title. Even Don knows she is in over her head, thats why he brought in Joe Conroy(not that he's any better, but at least he has political experience)

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"][b]What the hell, I guess I am getting screwed!!! I think Peggy Cook is very qualified for the City Administrator Job, she is very intelligent woman! She has worked very hard for this city and her ward![/b]

[quote="Bossman"]Ryan, Congrats on being in the minority. (10% unpaid supporters). It's no secret that the mayor compensates people to support him. The most glaring examples are right in city hall. Peggy Cook-City Administrator(has anyone ever seen her in City Hall), Herbert Cleaves-No one knows what he does(has an office in the mayors office though), Bob Cook-Blight control something or other(gopher for McDonalds for the prisoners sweeping the City parking lots), Joe Wilson(From Sheriff of the county to maitre' de for an ex-convict) and the list goes on. Have you ever noticed all the people driving Rendevous' with Patsy Lou dealer plates on them around Flint. Hmmmm. I'll go on record now...When "The Don" finishes ruining...er...I mean running Flint we will be in far worse shape than we were when the State took over.[/quote][/quote]
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:28 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:

I completely agree Bossman. You are right about Williamson and Dale is the best suited person for the job. I have to disagree with you on the electibility part. I think every day Dale's support is growing, if we all put our weight and confidence behind him. He can win. Thanks again Bossman
Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Any of the following would be an improvement over the current Mayor

Norm Bryant
Dayne Walling
Dale Weighel

Here's my fear. Walling and Weighel split the white professional vote and neither make it through the primary. Norm and Williamson win the primary but Williamson squeeks by Norm in a close race. And we're f. u. c. kayed for another term of Baffoonery.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:44 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

I disagree Dale has the least amount of name recongition of the group, hell the two carpet baggers that just moved into town Dale Walling and Tamara Edwards have more! I wish Dale would be more aggressive about trying to become mayor, I do like the guy. But lets call a spade a spade here folks, Dale is not getting out to the areas that Dale Walling is. Dale needs to get his name out there more if he does intend to make it to Novembers election!

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:
quote:
Bossman schreef:

I completely agree Bossman. You are right about Williamson and Dale is the best suited person for the job. I have to disagree with you on the electibility part. I think every day Dale's support is growing, if we all put our weight and confidence behind him. He can win. Thanks again Bossman

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:39 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: