FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Response to 2/12/06 article....

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Mr. John Foren
Flint Journal
Local News Editor
jforen@flintjournal

Its hard enough to mount a grass roots advocacy plan to support the Ombudsman office but to have a reporter who has been emailed of our activities say there is no organized effort is frustrating.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1139755863158830.xml&coll=5

There has been:
1.The creation of an internet advocacy group with 40 plus members.
2.Speakers at three group events that I know of.
A. I was at the Genesee County Democratic Party
B. I was at GCARD for a meeting of the Flint Neighborhood Roundtable
C. There was speaker at the Potter Community Council , a Mott Park meeting and I think several others
3. Endorsement of the Flint Neighborhood roundtable, the largest association of Flint NBH groups
4. yard signs placed in the community north south east and west in Flint

5. 1350 email informational case statements

6. The Flint Journal viewpoint mentioned and a larger article in the CPS courier, and the Uncommon sense.

FYI
Terry Bankert 2/13/06

My email to snell simply said his article was misleading.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Terry,

I knew this would ruffle your feathers. Please refocus on the goal. I tried to warn you of the perception. The perception is rarely the facts.

You know the facts, because you made the conversations happen when before there was none!

We both know the area we need to reach so let us focus on how to do that.

From a spark we can create fire. You made the spark, let's consider how to spread the flame in the right direction.

The position of the roundtable reaches many communities. Who convinced them? You Terry did that. results!

This negative article may spur others out of their lacadaisical attidude to do something. We need to light the fire under their posteriors.

Thanks to Ted for the Yard signs.

RAP
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:06 am 
Plato

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
Terry,

I knew this would ruffle your feathers. Please refocus on the goal. I tried to warn you of the perception. The perception is rarely the facts.

You know the facts, because you made the conversations happen when before there was none!

We both know the area we need to reach so let us focus on how to do that.

From a spark we can create fire. You made the spark, let's consider how to spread the flame in the right direction.

The position of the roundtable reaches many communities. Who convinced them? You Terry did that. results!

This negative article may spur others out of their lacadaisical attidude to do something. We need to light the fire under their posteriors.

Thanks to Ted for the Yard signs.

RAP

Thanks again Ted for the signs, wish we had more.
My objective in my response was to cause a follow up story. This is not about me, but about our community. The more contacts to the journal the better, email snell, foren, talk back, letters to editors, call other media and tell them there is a lot going on. On their behalf they , media, cannot measure what is new or they cannot see, we need to educate.

trb-2/13/06
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:48 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I currently have about 30 more signs available. I just got Terry's email, which also reminded me I was supposed to have called him on sunday.
I will try to drop them off at Terry's tongiht on my way home from school. SO Terry, if you hear some rustling outside in your drive way tonight. After 10 PM that's me just dropping off some more signs.

I lost count. But isn't that about 100 signs so far? Also, this Reporter must not have to work in Flint. He must live outside the city and not drive any of the streets. I've seen quite a few of these signs up. I ust wish I had more time to be more involved.

I've been talking to many people. I've convinvced a few. But, most of those I talk to I get the feeling they don't vote anyway.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: