FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 68th District Court Flint

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

http://goodmorningflint.blogspot.com/

Last edited by terrybankert on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Whoever organized labor supports is who the citizens of Flint should oppose vehemently.

This city and state will never catch up to the economies of the rest of the country until we realize that organized labor does nothing for the greater good of the city and state.

And please....no sob stories about the need for worker's rights/protection. Yes, I know all about the atrocities of Big Business in the early part of last century and how important the unions were THEN. But it's the 21st Century for christ sake. Catch up!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:16 am 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
Whoever organized labor supports is who the citizens of Flint should oppose vehemently.

This city and state will never catch up to the economies of the rest of the country until we realize that organized labor does nothing for the greater good of the city and state.

And please....no sob stories about the need for worker's rights/protection. Yes, I know all about the atrocities of Big Business in the early part of last century and how important the unions were THEN. But it's the 21st Century for christ sake. Catch up!

Its a new day in Flint elections at the bottom of the ticket. Community coalitions, name recognition and money have a significant impact on the election out come. Labor may be the loudest voice in the appointment process. Politica is a process. To accomplish change takes hard work.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:00 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I nominate Terry Bankert!! I will call Jenny on Monday and tell her how I feel.

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

http://goodmorningflint.blogspot.com/

Last edited by terrybankert on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I applaud all your efforts in helping make Flint a better place!
If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Ryan M. Eashoo

quote:
terrybankert schreef:
On 06/05/07 I applied for the position of 68th District Court Judge ,by mail and fax, to fill the position vacanted by Judge McAra. Big shoes to fill.

What is unusual about the process is that it has not been announced in the normal manner through the State Bar Association. The County Bar Association did email an announcement.

The Governors appointment director though said applications were being accepted through at least part of this week.

With the State Budget problems there is support for not filling the position. Time will tell.

Other names of interest are Tracey Collier Nix and Karen McDonald Lopez. Both are excellent attorneys.

I find this very difficult. I would much rather help other people.

If not appointed I am committed to running for the position.

I'll keep you posted.

Terry Bankert
attorneybankert@yahoo.com

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: