FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Did the FLint Journal get this right?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

FLINT JOURNAL GETS IT WRONG! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

see article by
By Robert Snellrsnell@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6302

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1139755863158830.xml&coll=5

Snell wrote
It may be a sign of how far the office has fallen in Flint that there's been absolutely no campaigning on either side for the ballot measure.

?????????????

What do you think?

Terry Bankert02/12/2006
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Rob Snell obviously did not interview Terry Bankert! I wish he would have included the upcoming debate in the article.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 pm 
rapunzel

Mr. Snell,

Thank you for your article on the Ombudsman ballot issue.

There is a grassroots movement to retain the office. In fact the Neighborhood Roundtable has taken a position of Yes on Proposal 1(police millage renewal), and NO on Proposal 2( which will retain the Ombudsman office). The ballot language is confusing to Voters.

I wish you could have included in your article the upcoming debate on Proposal 2.
Flint Area Public Affairs Debates and League of Women Voters-Flint Area will host a panel discussion for and against, The Dissolution of the Ombudsman Office. Feb. 23 at the International Institute 7-9 pm.

Also on Feb 15 at the Eastside Business Assoc. meeting held at Brown Funeral Home, 1616 Davison Rd. Flint. There will be a pro and con discussion on the Ombudsman office featuring Terry Bankert, attorney & former ombudsman and Thomas M. Donnellan, attorney.

I believe your article was slightly scewed but informative.

Thank you,
RAP
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:06 pm 
rapunzel

EBA meets 12 noon to 1 pm every wednesday.

so much for proofreading!!! The prior email was sent to Rob Snell- City of Flint reporter.

What did Terry send him???? I am scared to ask.

RAP
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:15 pm 
rapunzel

I had also sent a letter to talkback in the journal explaining the police millage was a renewal. At the end I wrote "remember to vote feb 28- Yes on 1, No On 2. The No on 2 part was edited.

I also wrote an article to the Journal's -Letter to the editor regarding the Ombudsman. It has yet to be published.

The time limit to submit articles to the journal, prior to election is almost up. The shorter the article the faster they will print it.

RAP
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:25 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why isn't anyone demanding Binion payback the money ??? Question I figure Binion owes the city $280,000.oo.
If a Binion could not sever her term because of a health related issue then there should have been a provision in place to put a alternate in her place.

Just my two cents!
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski.

Steve, I believe you may be correct. If Binion collected salry for months or "NO SERVICE" THen that money should never have been paid out! If Binion was paid for all those months it should be returned!
Unlike the money that was stolen from the Council members during the State takeover and Whistle blower retribution by Kurtz. They actually worked during those dates. But were punished for turning in Mayor Stanely!
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:36 pm 
rapunzel

I believe Josh said Binion was on unpaid medical leave? not sure of the details.

Still I agree provisions need to be put in place so an alternate could take Ombudsman's place. I think a lawsuit was waiting if they had replaced her.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:54 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

She received no pay after her sick leave was used....
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: