FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Does downtown Flint need Free Parking?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-44/1180707646198570.xml&coll=5

"I thought downtown would come back. We had always done well in downtown," she said. "Until the downtown gets free parking and lots of it, it will never come back."

Dorothy I. Thompson 89, died May 2 in Los Angeles, Calif. Thompson had an extensive career working for companies in insurance and manufacturing, and in 1961 owned and managed the Pierce Furniture Co. before it closed in 1984.

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:34 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Downtown Flint needs MORE parking, bottom line. This has hindered this downtown area for decades! People hate not being able to find a parking spot. Since my office is downtown, lots of people have complained to me about it, not to mentioned I am faced with the problem daily.

We need more and bigger nice new parking RAMPS!

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Downtown Flint needs MORE parking, bottom line. This has hindered this downtown area for decades! People hate not being able to find a parking spot. Since my office is downtown, lots of people have complained to me about it, not to mentioned I am faced with the problem daily.

Guess that is another reason to walk or ride a bike to work then!

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:55 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Where would you park your bike to be assured it would be there when you leave? Laughing
Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:12 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yupp it sure is Biggie, I also would like to see better ways to get around downtown, maybe a trolley or something.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Yupp it sure is Biggie, I also would like to see better ways to get around downtown, maybe a trolley or something.

like those little trams they use at Genesys to shuttle people in from the parking lots.

even at the GM Tech Center, we have busses that regularly circle the various buildings/complexes. You usualy can catch one every 5-7 minutes.

what ever happened to the mayor's plan to eliminate all/some/most of the one-way streets to alleviate traffic/access problems?

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:35 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes, Exactly those would be a good idea...
All the one way streets are still there... I wish they would go both ways!
it would help local business too.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

like those little trams they use at Genesys to shuttle people in from the parking lots.

even at the GM Tech Center, we have busses that regularly circle the various buildings/complexes. You usualy can catch one every 5-7 minutes.

what ever happened to the mayor's plan to eliminate all/some/most of the one-way streets to alleviate traffic/access problems?

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I think they need to tear some of the old parking ramp down and build new ones that incorporate retail and residential above. What about doing underground parking under the ramps?

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:48 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I think they need to tear some of the old parking ramp down and build new ones that incorporate retail and residential above. What about doing underground parking under the ramps?
[b]
[/b]

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: