FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Join the Republican Party!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I guess I went on my soap box there!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
thehc
F L I N T O I D

Hey Andi,
H.C. here. I couldn't agree with you more when you said, "I wish that there were a third party that agree with everything that I agreed with, it would be straight down the middle............sigh.
I too am sick of the two party system. I've read figures anywhere from 27% all the way up to 35% of people consider themselves "Independent" so I feel the time is ripe. I've been trying to rally people to a different train of thought and to abandon this whole "chose the lesser of the two evils" thing. I know you didn't care much for me on my Studio 1714 vids, but stop on by my blogsite at thehippieconservative.you-know-what. I think you'd find we're on the same page. I'm determined to win you over, I'm even working on my speech impediment.
Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I have to be honest, I have been a voting Republican my entire life but after what George Bush has done not only to America, but the world, I have to go to the other side. I even voted both times for Bush and not sure what in the hell he is up to.
So Democrats here I come and will put my money on Hillary this time around.
Richard
Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:48 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I think Bush led the Republicans pretty far left of the normal center for Republicans. I'm hoping Ron Paul can make a run at things. I think he would totally counteract any left-wing Republicans. I have no explanation how Republicans have spent more than democrats. I think it may have been some group think involved but it really is shocking.

Richard I really think you should take a look at Ron Paul for the primary.

I think if we followed Ron Paul's strategies we could save at least 500 billion per yea maybe even a trillion or more and hopefully kill the federal income tax which accounts for about 30% of government revnues anyways.

In the state of Michigan we have spent a couple billion for non-violent drug offenders. From everything I read alcohol kills way more people than marijuana. Although I am not a supporter of drugs countries that legalize marijuana save on prison costs and have lower crime rates. In addition in Michigan you can actually serve less time for killing someone that coccaine possesion. A lot of our expensive liberal programs are also failures. (20 million per year for Career Alliance) I'm pretty right ring but I think if we really trimmed government we could get rid of the city income tax, state income tax and federal income tax eventually. Although this seems hard to believe as an example Giuliani (who I do NOT support for president) was able to cut taxes in NYC and put more officers onthe street.

As for Hillary Clinton I like the concept of national healthcare but I don't think the federal government can pull it of without wasting billions of dollars and a tax increase.

On a more negative side to excessive government programs all that money breeds corruption for the people that know how the money works and therefore how to take advantage of it.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:03 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
I have to be honest, I have been a voting Republican my entire life but after what George Bush has done not only to America, but the world, I have to go to the other side. I even voted both times for Bush and not sure what in the hell he is up to.
So Democrats here I come and will put my money on Hillary this time around.
Richard

isn't it a bit early to putting all your confidence in ANY one candidate?

or do you kind of go along with the crowd, support the front-runner[s]?

for sure you can be disappointed with any particular leader in office, from the prez on down, but I am curious WHY would that cause you to just leap to [the other side, or for] any one candidate?
Ok Bush is a putz....you're disappointed, maybe severely so, but does that mean you throw ALL the candidates of the same party, and ALL the candidates of the "other" party, and all the candidates of all the other parties out, just like that? What was the thought process? what issues were weighed, other considerations? Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me [which frankly, I can understand, but not condone].

Same thing, if Kerry had won, and botched up the job...would you just not consider all the other dems running for that reason?

Guess I haven't examined them [as I will do before deciding whom I support] in detail yet enough to have made anything near a firm choice...and at first its just a go-no go- maybe breakdown.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: