FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Yeah Flint Police

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
yeti

I wanted to share this little tale that I had to endure today. While sitting at a stoplight at Grand Traverse and Hemphill (Southbound on GT) I was struck by a red Sunfire. Broadsided is a better word. The driver apparently was going too fast, spun a 180 and slid sideways into my truck. As I jumped out of my truck, the witness on the scene said that she was a police officer and that she would call 911. After about 3 minutes making sure I was ok, and checking on the other driver, she hopped back in her truck, saying she had to pick up her daughter and good luck to both of us. I have no idea if she really was a cop or not, but I really appreciate her sticking around to be a witness to the accident. I wrote down her license plate as she sped off. 10 minutes after the accident I called 911 to make sure that she had actually called. They confirmed that the call had been placed and an office had been dispatched. A few minutes later a Burton City officer arrived. After checking on me and the other driver he explained that we were in the city of Flint, not Burton and he had to be moving on. He spread out some flares and drove off. One half hour after the accident I called 911 a second time, inquiring about when an officer would arrive. Shortly, I was assured. Forty-five minutes after the accident I called the Flint City police directly. I was assured (after 5 minutes on hold) that an officer was on the way. After hanging up I called 911 again, where I was transferred and during the transfer my cell phone mysteriously powered off. The call did not drop, we did not become disconnected, the phone actually powered off. I called back and was told “not to hang up while I was transferred”. Again, during the transfer, my Nextel actually powered off. I am used to Nextel calls dropping for no apparent reason, but I have never seen my phone just turn off.

I gave up and called my insurance agent. I filed the claim and explained about the police. It was now an hour and 20 minutes after the accident. No police, except for the two that had come and gone. It’s 20 degrees outside and at this point I am freezing. Traffic is all around us and some are sliding on the ice. People are still driving by asking if we need anything. I encourage all passersby to call 911 on our behalf. I am afraid I am going to get hit again as the flares the Burton officer had spread out had long since burned out.

Finally I had enough. I called my insurance agent back and explained that the police still had not arrived and that I was going to leave the scene. He had me get all the other driver’s information so I wrote down everything. My agent said I should go to the station later and file the report. I left the scene of the accident one and a half hours after the accident with no City of Flint officer arriving.

After leaving work early (no easy feat considering I was almost 2 hours late) I went to the downtown police office to file a report. As I started to explain to the officer on duty at the traffic desk what happened, she interrupted and said “Why didn’t you call it in?” I replied “I did, 4 times, you guys never showed up”. She listened to my story with bored disinterest. I explained that the woman that hit me was driving a rental car, gave the officer the woman’s drivers license number, her phone number and address, the rental car license plate, and the phone number for the rental car company. She informed me that she couldn’t file a complaint with out the other involved party. She said, all while digging deeply into her yogurt container, that she would see if she could contact the other party and file a complaint for me. I asked her if she needed to see my truck and she said she would meet me outside in a minute to look at it. I think she needed to finish her yogurt.

I would like to openly thank the Flint Police for their commitment to the community and prompt response time. I would like to thank the Genesee County 911 system for its ability to actually turn off Nextel Phones. I’d like to thank Burton police for being so brotherly and helping out when no Flint Police were to be found. Finally I’d like to thank the mysterious witness and her commitment to her daughter, who disappeared after stopping for a moment, leaving me to freeze stranded out in an intersection for an hour and a half.
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:01 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey I'd love to post this on My cityofflint.net website. ALthough I will not post without permission and a Name of who is giving the account of what happened. Please let me know if YOu'd be willing.
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford

Wow! I'm not really surprised at all about the police. I am glad to know this now though. Police can take a long time for accidents even in cities that have police. I'm curious what part of Flint you were in.
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:28 pm 
yeti

Use as much as you want
Jeremy S. Anderson

I was on southbound Grand Traverse at Hemphill
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

If this is who I think it is. Are you due for a ROTATE on your tires yet?
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

I must not be who you think I am, or else I dont get the joke.

I dont think I know you though, and I did read through your site.

It all ended well, I guess. I got my deductible back from the insurance company.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:38 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

My thing is. When you go in there. You should be the most important thing on their mind. Not their yogurt container. You shouldn't be treated as if your an interuption to their day. You are the reason they are there. Just as a customer walking into my store. When you come through the doors. If I'm eating lunch. I drop what I'm doing and help my customer. They are the reason i have a job. THis is an idea that is completely foriegn to government. They think they just have a job. When what their job is, is to serve the public. We pay their salrys.
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:48 am 
MJ

Flint Police are scared of these thugs. Just like you and I. They don't wanna deal with it, just as the citizens don't.
Post Wed May 31, 2006 12:21 pm 
20million

first of all honey it was 20 below im sure u wasnt the only accident that was happening at the time you did say other cars were sliding around you those cops in flint were tied up with all kind of accident calls at that time. The burton police can not handle situations outside there jurisdiction, thats just rules and regulation on a federal level. the woman who stopped showed her humanity conern by seing if you were OK. unfortunetly she had other things she had to do of great importanc. my 8 year old son is way more important to me than anybody it not like you were near death. all i can say baby is that shit happens and you were in alot of it that day. P.S the world dosent revolve around you
Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:09 pm 

GOOD LUCK!
Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:32 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: