FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: NETGATE

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

You'll wanna read this..... The flint Journal had an article about Dayne Walling replacing basketball nets in parks arounf Flint.... Well guess what .. a reliable source acually saw the walling campaign in the park across from his headquarters cutting down perfectly good basketball nets ....only to take pictures of the bare rims to make it look like there were no nets in the first place... then putting new nets up and taking pictures to take credit for it. Is Dayne going to "replace" nets all around the city?
Post Fri May 25, 2007 6:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Any candidate running for a nonpartisan office who pays for basketball nets through his contribution to the "Blue Tiger Democrats, a nonprofit organization dedicated to civic involvement" is going to raise eyebrows, no matter how well meaning or innocent the intent.

Checking with the Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth for corporation filing doesn't help much. The Assumed Name "Michigan Blue Tiger Democrats" was filed on 5/22/07 by "Blue TigerDems, Inc." a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation, whose own corporate filing is pending as of 5/22/07.

Some of my questions were resolved at their website:
http://www.bluetigerdems.com/legalstructure.php

"Blue Tiger Dems, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation that promotes and supports civic engagement in charitable and community related projects . . . . Contributions made to Blue Tiger are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income-tax purposes."

"Blue Tiger does not engage in traditional political or "electioneering" activities such as petitioning for candidates, campaigning, endorsing candidates or urging candidates' election or defeat. Blue Tiger does not spend any funds on public political campaign communications . . . . nor does it provide financial support for the election of any candidate or elected official -- at any level of government. Blue Tiger's interaction with elected officials focuses on their support of civic engagement projects in a community and the identification of local political organizations that Blue Tiger might contact regarding such support. Blue Tiger does not currently intend to seek the support of elected officials to solicit funds for Blue Tiger or otherwise directly assist its fundraising efforts. Blue Tiger activities are not regulated by the Federal Election Commission."
Post Fri May 25, 2007 8:27 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

GOT PICTURES OF IT?

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:
You'll wanna read this..... The flint Journal had an article about Dayne Walling replacing basketball nets in parks arounf Flint.... Well guess what .. a reliable source acually saw the walling campaign in the park across from his headquarters cutting down perfectly good basketball nets ....only to take pictures of the bare rims to make it look like there were no nets in the first place... then putting new nets up and taking pictures to take credit for it. Is Dayne going to "replace" nets all around the city?

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I agree with Ryan. Did they do a good job cleaning the park? If so I don't see a problem with doing a photo op but maybe next time the could just take the net down and put it back up. lol
Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:10 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Lets be honest here,,, WHO CARES???? At least parks are getting cleaned up and new nets are hung up. I wish other candidates would follow suit, hell then we would have at least 7 parks cleaned up!

THANK YOU DAYNE WALLING FOR TAKING THE INITIATIVE!

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"][b]
Lets be honest here,,, WHO CARES???? At least parks are getting cleaned up and new nets are hung up. I wish other candidates would follow suit, hell then we would have at least 7 parks cleaned up!

Hmmm? really? Are we going to thank people for being DECEPTIVE??? Is that the direction we want to go in Flint.. to turn a blind eye.. not caring how it is done as long as it's done? Lets re think that!
Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:29 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Whos being deceptive here?

[quote="mark thompson"]
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
[b]

Hmmm? really? Are we going to thank people for being DECEPTIVE??? Is that the direction we want to go in Flint.. to turn a blind eye.. not caring how it is done as long as it's done? Lets re think that!

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:53 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am not endorsing Dayne Walling, however I will say its commendable that he took the initiative to clean up the park! GOOD WORK!!

I challenge other candidates to do the same!

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: