FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 7 Possible candidates

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-43/1179325232161160.xml&coll=5
Norm Bryant
Work: Owner of Bryant's Barbershop, retired from General Motors where he was a general foreman of production.
Family: Married to Kay; four daughters.
Education: Graduated from Flint Northern High School; attended Arizona State University.
Political experience: None.

David Davenport
Work: President of Drivers Defense Fund Inc.
Family: One son.
Education: Graduated from Meadow Dale High School in Dayton, Ohio; four years in U.S. Navy; computer training from the Altamaha Technical Institute.
Political experience: "Life in general."

Tamra Edwards
Work: Chief operating officer of Economic Empowerment Inc., an economic development organization.
Family: Widowed; four children.
Education: Flint Southwestern High School graduate; attended Mott Community College.
Political experience: Presidential ambassador for Mott Community College; two terms on City Council in Durham, N.C.

Sheldon Neeley
Work: Broadcast engineer for WJRT-TV (Channel 12).
Family: Married; two children.
Education: Graduated from Flint Northern High School; associate's degree from Delta College, attended Saginaw Valley State University.
Political experience: Flint City Councilman, 2005-present, currently serving as vice president; Flint Civil Service Commission, 2002-05; union president for Local 46 of NABET/Communication Workers of America, 2000-present.

Dayne Walling
Work: Research fellow for Genesee Institute at Genesee County Land Bank.
Family: Married to Carrie; two sons.
Education: Graduate of Flint Central High School; bachelor's degree in social relations from Michigan State University; bachelor's degree in modern history from University of Oxford; master's degree in urban affairs from University of London; doctoral candidate at University of Minnesota.
Political experience: Field coordinator for U.S. Rep. Dale E. Kildee.

Dale Weighill
Work: President and CEO of the Resource Center; political science instructor at Mott Community College.
Family: Single.
Education: Bachelor's degree in political science from University of Michigan-Dearborn, master's degree in political science from American University in Washington, D.C.; southern Africa study abroad program at Mary Washington College in Virginia.
Political experience: Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, 1989-1995; managed several Detroit-area races.

Don Williamson
Work: Businessman.
Family: Married to Patsy Lou; six children.
Education: Attended Flint Central High School.
Political experience: Mayor of Flint, 2003-present.

Post Wed May 16, 2007 4:05 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

what I find fascinating is that as high profile as the donald and Patsy Lou are, I have NEVER read, heard, or viewed ANY mention of the donald's offspring.

do they live here? work here? involved in the businesses, or the campaigns?

I've seen heard of president's children, even Gov Granholm's duaghters..but nary a mention of the mayor's family?

are they estranged? or what?

I find this unusual in light of the times, the invasive media, internet etc.

strange indeed.

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:18 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its good to see so many people care about Flint Michigan and want a better city![b] [/b]

Post Fri May 18, 2007 3:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-44/1180106448115500.xml&coll=5

It's offical. All 7 have been certified.

The candidates are Mayor Don Williamson, Tamra Edwards, David Davenport, Norm Bryant, City Councilman Sheldon Neeley, Dayne Walling and Dale Weighill.

Post Sat May 26, 2007 12:00 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 candidates certified for mayoral ballot
Hometown Headlines FLINT THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION Friday, May 25, 2007Journal Staff Writer

The Flint city clerk's office has officially certified seven candidates to run for mayor in the Aug. 7 primary.

Each submitted nominating petitions signed by at least 900 registered voters in Flint.

The top two vote-getters in the primary will face off in November.

The candidates are:
Mayor Don Williamson *
Tamra Edwards
David Davenport
Norm Bryant *
Sheldon Neeley
Dayne Walling
Dale Weighill

* denotes my picks to go on to the November primary

originally posted:
Flint clerk's office certified 7 for Mayor Aug 7 primary (Fri May 25, 2007 1:48 pm )
http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=12397#12397

Post Sat May 26, 2007 12:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

So your saying Mayor Don Williamson and Norm Bryant will face off in NOVEMBER?

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
7 candidates certified for mayoral ballot
Hometown Headlines FLINT THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION Friday, May 25, 2007Journal Staff Writer

The Flint city clerk's office has officially certified seven candidates to run for mayor in the Aug. 7 primary.

Each submitted nominating petitions signed by at least 900 registered voters in Flint.

The top two vote-getters in the primary will face off in November.

The candidates are:
Mayor Don Williamson *
Tamra Edwards
David Davenport
Norm Bryant *
Sheldon Neeley
Dayne Walling
Dale Weighill

* denotes my picks to go on to the November primary

originally posted:
Flint clerk's office certified 7 for Mayor Aug 7 primary (Fri May 25, 2007 1:48 pm )
http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=12397#12397

Post Sat May 26, 2007 1:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Don Williamson is UNBEATABLE!

Post Sat May 26, 2007 1:19 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

GO DAYNE

Post Sat May 26, 2007 1:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Is Studio 1714 going to interview the candidates?
Post Sat May 26, 2007 4:20 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Mayor Don Williamson is UNBEATABLE!

Ryan, I agree, right now, no one is making an impression.

that favors our donald, IMO.

I suspect he'll go another term. If he doesn't lay off the donuts though, he might not make it out with his health intact.

My prediction:

when he goes, he will leave the city facing TENS of MILLIONS of dollars in lawsuit judgements. The sewer-gate judgements he has refused to pay [and the interest meter is still running ] is just the tip of the iceberg. This a result of his autocratic, "rules, who cares about rules or contracts, agreements etc" style of leadership and decision making.

and when he goes, many, even those who have received his patronage will say, perhaps under their breaths, "the wicked witch is dead"..good riddance, now we can move on without the divisiveness and fear of working for such a mean-spirited miscreant.

In the meantime he will continue to spread his influence across the county via appointments of cronies/patronage recipients to various boards and directorships. I suspect his influence will grow even more before it wanes.

Post Sat May 26, 2007 6:25 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Once again, biggie is right (I'm getting tired of typing this statement!)
Do me a favor biggie and say something half-witted, brainless and ignorant so I can attack you.

The Don has the I.Q. of a mole. But if there is one thing he is good at, it's placing band-aids over serious wounds. He'll get elected again. But when he rides off into the sunset, he'll have left Flint farther behind and deeper in debit.

If the city really wants what is in the best interest of long term sustainable growth, they'll look at the following three candidates (in alphabetical order)

Norm Bryant
Dayne Walling
Dale Weighill

These are the three who have the brains to put the city on a long term path to success. Choose who you want..............just avoid the Don.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Mon May 28, 2007 6:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Post Mon May 28, 2007 9:30 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Ya ....are we going to see the candidates interviewed again on 1714?? Dale Weighills interview on channel 17 aired this past week. It should be on again soon
Post Tue May 29, 2007 4:32 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Will DW's interview from Channel 17 be put here on Flint Talk??

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Ya ....are we going to see the candidates interviewed again on 1714?? Dale Weighills interview on channel 17 aired this past week. It should be on again soon

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: