FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Walling for Mayor of Flint

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dayne Walling for Mayor of Flint

Dear Friend,

As you know, I am running to be the next mayor of Flint. On Monday, May 14th, I will file over 1400 signatures with the city clerk, and officially announce my candidacy for mayor.

My campaign to bring opportunity back to Flint is really moving forward. I've been going door-to-door across the city with my team, gathering signatures, and talking to people about what they want from city hall. The support has been incredible, and I've been so encouraged by the reaction and interest from so many people across Flint.

People in Flint know that we need to bring opportunity back to this community, and they are excited about my plan for Flint, the Road Map to Opportunity. Read more about my Road Map to Opportunity at http://www.votewalling.com/roadmap.php

I hope I can count on your help in the coming days and months. We face a primary on August 7th, and then a run-off in November, and having the help of many volunteers is the key to this victory. I need help going door-to-door, putting together mailings, making phone calls, and so many other tasks. Please sign up to volunteer today!

Having the resources to communicate with voters will also be an important part of winning this campaign. I hope you will consider making a contribution to my campaign. Please contribute today on my campaign website.

I'd like to communicate with you regularly about how the campaign is going, and about what's happening in Flint. If you don't want to receive these regular updates, just click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of this email.

Thank you for your support and friendship,

Dayne Walling
Candidate for Mayor of Flint

P.S. Join me for a conference call on Monday, May 14, for a campaign update! People will be calling in from house parties across Flint, and in other parts of the country, to hear about how the campaign is going and how the announcement went, and more on how you can help.

Conference Call Details

Monday, May 14, 8:30 pm
(800) 567-5900
Access Code # 32963

Post Fri May 11, 2007 2:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
insider
F L I N T O I D

I wish you the best of luck in defeating the grumpy old man that now has the title of Mayor of Flint. The sad part is I voted for Williamson because I did think he would do a good job for the City. What I didn't realize though is that he treats his employees like dirt (and I am an employee). My questions to you are:

1) How do you treat your employees? Do you assume everyone is a crook, and them promote people who have personnel records proving they are less than stellar (I won't mention any Criminal Service Beaurea people at this point).

2) What kind of staff would you need and how much would they be paid? Do the positions go to your friends?

3) How would you work with the City Council?

4) Would you use the City Attorney how that person is supposed to be used per the City Charter? I won't ask if you would replace the City Attorney because I believe you are smart enough to do that on the fist day!

5) Would you fill open positions with the best people or base it on race?

Thanks and best of luck. I like what I see so far and as of now you have my vote!

Thanks,

Insider
Post Sun May 13, 2007 2:36 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am not grumpy at all..

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I am not grumpy at all..

maybe, but he wasn't referring to you.

unless you are channeling Williamson.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:28 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I miss understood... My bad...

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I am not grumpy at all..

maybe, but he wasn't referring to you.

unless you are channeling Williamson.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Tried to watch Ted Jankowki's interview with Dayne Walling on Comcast Channel 17, Sat., July 21, 2007, 5-6pm. Video froze before show half over. Ted, who's in charge over there at Comcast? Will the show be aired again?

Sun., July 22, 8:30 pm. Tape froze in same spot.
Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: