FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint's city attorney defends her LaKisha duties

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint's city attorney defends her LaKisha duties
Posted by Sally York syork@flintjournal.com
810.766.6322 and Marjory Raymer May 07, 2007 16:48PM
Categories: Breaking News, Entertainment, Flint
FLINT -- Amid complaints from some residents and a city councilman, Flint's city attorney said she is taking time off from work to cruise Flint to get out the vote for "American Idol" contestant LaKisha Jones.

Trachelle Young said the mayor's office received numerous phone calls last week from residents who complained that she was promoting Jones while on the clock. City Councilman Sheldon Neeley, a frequent administration critic, today called Young's LaKisha duties a "tremendous waste of resources."

Young, who also has organized and emceed City Hall viewing parties for Jones, plans to ride in a van Tuesday afternoon to push for votes for the Flint native, as she did last week.
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/05/flints_city_attorney_defends_h.html

Post Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
insider
F L I N T O I D

it isn't like the City Attorney is working when she is in City Hall! If she isn't out supporting Latisha, er, Lakisha, she is in Mercedes Kitchen in the basement of City Hall. It is quite obvious why she got the position of City Attorney and she is doing a fine job of supporting the Mayor..... just like she is supposed to be doing.
Post Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
insider schreef:
it isn't like the City Attorney is working when she is in City Hall! If she isn't out supporting Latisha, er, Lakisha, she is in Mercedes Kitchen in the basement of City Hall. It is quite obvious why she got the position of City Attorney and she is doing a fine job of supporting the Mayor..... just like she is supposed to be doing.

eggs-ack-ly.

that is one person, doing one thing that doesn't need to fear being terminated for the mayor.

king don is smart enough to surround himself with high-profile blacks.

thats not a bad thing, especially when they are capable people. when they are people like Cleaves.....whom people complain about seeing sleeping on the job...of doing what exactly...well thats our modern political patronage system.
Speaking of Herbie, seeing his financial problems, maybe he needs a raise king don. Hey Adam, maybe he can move in with you?

Post Tue May 08, 2007 6:58 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

Speaking of Herbie, seeing his financial problems, maybe he needs a raise king don. Hey Adam, maybe he can move in with you?

lol I'm not a big Herb Cleaves fan. With the budget problems we are facing I don't we can afford to give politcal payouts to the few school board members that actually do send their children to Flint schools.

Biggie please don't think I'm some softie. I would not let Herb Cleaves move in. How would he be able to pay me when his payoff job ends? lol

Post Tue May 08, 2007 12:49 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I am shocked, SHOCKED I say that you would even presume to CHARGE Herbie rent if he moved in with you.

Why just being in the presence of his Churchillian-aura, why that ought to be enough recompense itself? In fact he was kinda thinking you'd also issue him a regular stipend, kind of an honorarium for just being around him.

Hey just consider it "reparations"

Post Tue May 08, 2007 8:48 pm 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Looks like Trachelle will now have to do some real work in city hall for a change now that LaKisha was voted off.

So, if anyone wants to file suit against the city, file your paperwork in her office, in the basement of city hall in the cafeteria. That's where she spends all of her time anyways.
Post Wed May 09, 2007 10:07 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
The Mole schreef:
Looks like Trachelle will now have to do some real work in city hall for a change now that LaKisha was voted off.

So, if anyone wants to file suit against the city, file your paperwork in her office, in the basement of city hall in the cafeteria. That's where she spends all of her time anyways.

does the court accept her documents if there are cheesecake or sweet-roll smudges on them?

always good where to REALLY go to get city bid-ness done.

t'anks Moley. Hey where has the donald been keeping himself. has he been maintaining his girlish figure in preparation for the smack-down later this summer, "The War of the DWs".........

Post Wed May 09, 2007 10:58 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

GO LAKISHA GO!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

GO LAKISHA GO!

she hasn't even got here yet, and you're asking her to leave?

be nice Ryan.

BTW, why are yo uresponding to threads/topics that are 6 months old and haven't been active for weeks and months?

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:46 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

No meaning Go, As in Go, you know Go Lakisha Go..
Go for the GOLD!
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

GO LAKISHA GO!

be nice Ryan.

BTW, why are yo uresponding to threads/topics that are 6 months old and haven't been active for weeks and months?

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am responding to things that need to be talked about Biggie!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

GO LAKISHA GO!

be nice Ryan.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: