FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Michael Moore and Me

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michael Moore and Me
The real story of Michael Moore versus America could be told by delving into General Motors' pull-out from Flint Michigan. A new movie about the film-maker misses an opportunity to reveal Moore's identity.

There are conservatives who believe that we should not address the liberals on the Left, even though they are waging full war against the tenants of our Christian faith. I respectfully disagree.

Ever since he garnered the attention of the public, film-maker Michael Moore has been one of the major Leftist liberal icons that have been calling Christian conservatives radical wing nuts.

What did Moore base his career on? Does Moore have any genuine credentials? If so, what are they?

Did he begin many years ago back in the 1980’s by riding the coat tails and using the ideas, work and identity of concerned Flint autoworker activists?

What is the authentic Flint MI story, and where did Moore really come from?

Is Mike really on the side of the common family man and an expert on everything from politics to health care, or is he a manipulative Leftist multi-millionaire pretending and playing out his liberal illusions? Has he used his celebrity and influence to damage America in important ways?

God works in mysterious ways, and twenty-five years ago it would have been hard to imagine that I would someday be the editor of a site that publishes conservative papers. In the 1970’s and 1980’s I was the leader of various activist blue-collar grassroots worker groups, all headquartered in Flint Michigan.

From Flint, we spoke out against the corporate restructuring that was evaporating America’s premier manufacturing jobs. Our people were dedicated two-fisted worker rebels with thick hides that put the cause above themselves. Our workers had the intestinal fortitude necessary to address the big picture that covered all of the complex issues ranging from automation to global sourcing and were made up of honest hard working family people that cared about our nation and our way of life. We became involved in politics, and I ran for and was elected as the chairman of the union caucus in power at the largest truck plant in the world. We led large worker rallies and participated in countless related functions all around our nation.

Although you didn’t hear it in Michael Moore’s fiction film, “Roger and Me”, (see: IMDb) or the new film about Michael Moore called “Manufacturing Dissent”, (see: IMDb), Michael Moore was my guest at GM stockholders’ meetings before his “Roger and Me” movie. At these stockholders meetings our blue-collar activists would confront Roger Smith on the issues that Moore would come to declare as his solo issues.

I call “Roger and Me” fiction because I was there and I know. Michael Moore, who wasn’t even from Flint, had few credentials and is not the genius intellect that his Leftist liberal pals think that he is.

click the link to continue:
http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=8910

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The last paragraph says it all. If he cared about Flint, he'd be giving back to the city he claims to love.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: