FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Good news for Ryan Eashoo! Cool!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seeing stars
Bar's no stranger than fiction FLINTTHE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONSaturday, April 28, 2007By Matt Bachmbach@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6330

FLINT - In several months, you'll be able to see Will Ferrell sip a beer on the silver screen in a downtown Flint business called The Kremlin Bar.

And, after watching the movie, "Semi-Pro," you'll be able to go to downtown Flint and have a drink at ... The Kremlin Bar.

That's the dream and plan of Flint businessman Ryan Eashoo. Eashoo hopes to ride the buzz the movie is creating and open a real Kremlin Bar. And he hopes to have it open by the time the film is released in early 2008.

Eashoo is aiming to open it in the very location that film makers are shooting as exterior shots for The Kremlin. Crews and actors for "Semi-Pro" are in Flint and Detroit for the next few days shooting scenes for the Ferrell basketball comedy. Shooting is tentatively set to start Sunday in Flint.

"I've always wanted to do something like this and thought now was as good a time as any. This is a great opportunity to open something unique," said Eashoo, 26, a sales agent with Re/Max Real Estate Team. "I've already filed (for the business license). And I already checked, there's no other Kremlin Bar in Michigan.

"A lot of times, when a film comes out, people will go to that city to see what was in the movie."

The building, which is owned by Eashoo, is the former E&C Carriage Towne Inn on King Avenue next to General Optical.

Eashoo said he is going to use real props from the movie, including the $12,000 neon sign built specifically for it, and other memorabilia from the film to decorate the bar. And it will have a 1970s-style motif in keeping with the film.

"It'll be very swanky, over-the-top '70s. They'll be no dancing, but there might be a band where you sit down, have some drinks and have food," Eashoo said.

In the movie, Ferrell's character, Jackie Moon, is the owner-coach-player of the American Basketball Association's Flint Tropics who rallies his teammates to make their NBA dreams come true.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-43/1177759240208730.xml&coll=5

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

In the movie Jackie Moon (Will Ferrell) actually owns the bar.

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Good Luck, Hope it works for you!
Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

geez, it better offer food, if no entertainment, then what next...oh no booze either.

in fact you can't do anything in the Krelim Bar except sign fake admissions of guilty pleas to conducting insurrection against people's Popular Republic of Flint City Commissariat.

but Boris dahhhhling..its Naaaatashaaaaa.

Comrade.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

The same thing happened in the movie Ground Hog Day with Bill Murray. The film crew built a restaurant for the movie and it actually stayed open for about a year.
Give it a try Ryan, we're behind you!
Richard
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:16 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
The same thing happened in the movie Ground Hog Day with Bill Murray. The film crew built a restaurant for the movie and it actually stayed open for about a year.
Give it a try Ryan, we're behind you!
Richard

well I hope Ryan has greater staying power than 1 year!

most people don't go through the investment and blood, sweat and tears for a year.

Ryan you up for that?

PS - who is that long haired guy thats running around town pretending to be you? Certainly not the the clean cut guy I see in the ads here????

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"A lot of times, when a film comes out, people will go to that city to see what was in the movie."

and you think that will happen to Flint because?

its high ranking and profile as a violent city?

its high ranking and profile as an impoverished city?

its high ranking and reputation for financial mismanagment?

maybe I'm missing something, but why would Flint be a destination center for ANY tourists?

come look at the newest addition to Flint's crown jewel, an asphalt black-top parking lot in the Cultural Center?

Tour Guide: "Yes, folks and out the right side of the tour bus, I draw your attention to the gleaming black-top parking lot, where at great personal expense and danger, the Flint Cultural Center tore down some homes with possible historical significance to open up the views and beatuful vistas for the local citizenry...now on your left you'll see an abandoned home with an abandoned vehicle on blocks in the front yard...."

yippee.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:28 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Its true. Why indeed would they come here. While the cultural center is a great asset to our city, if we don't offer anything else, out of town people can find equally special cultural assets in other cities.

But Flint does have potential. I do still believe that. Maybe this movie and the (possible) influx of movie related tourists will kick some people in the butt and make them realize we have to do something beyond what we are doing.

Yay crossroads village, by the way. That's something not too many towns have. Plus I get to dress up and work there this year so I'm excited and want lots of people to visit.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 pm 
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

Whether people here want to admit it or not, Flint does have some great things, you just have to know when and where to go. There is excellent food, entertainment, parks, and you never have to go more than a few feet to buy your next forty ouncer. I like Flint. It may be because I haven't lived here most of my life, or that I am just overly positive, but I am happy to live here most of the time. Its nice living in the city again, once you are gone for a while and live in B.F.E. you finally realize its not that bad here. There is crime everywhere, its just that in most places they talk about things other than the crime, because people care to brag about some of the fun things in their town. People here only focus on the crime and blight and forget that there are some beautiful neighborhoods in Flint. I live on the Eastside, and I must say that I honestly have a pleasant neighborhood, it is relatively quiet and painless. I drive about a mile to work everyday and pass blocks of nice yards and homes, no cars on blocks, several churches, a nice school and even a Peace Garden. Well anyways, Go Ryan Eashoo, good luck with the bar. If you need someone to teach you how to make onion rings, hollar at me.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I like Flint too. I'm not saying it doesn't have great things. I'm just saying that as far as having things to cater to out of town tourists, its a little lacking.

Although there is a great Automobile Driving Tour brochure for Flint on the michigan.gov website.

And you are right about needing to know where to find the good stuff. I recently got a AAA magazine with a list of events happening in Michigan, and NOTHING from Flint was included, but it DID include Flushing's dinky little Oldies Summer Festival. Flint events like FlintFest and the Flint Film Festival should seek those kinds of advertising out.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 pm 
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like a pretty good use for that building! I hope it ends up being a success.

Post Tue May 01, 2007 6:12 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Believe it or not, if it was up to me I would move back to Flint in a heartbeat. Unfortunately that will not happen due to my career. I'm in the hotel business and a funeral director and the opportunities to do the same, and make the money I make, are not available in Flint. Plus there is no way the wife will ever move back there. She was raised on Hemphill Road and I raised on the northside. Hell, I have a hard even getting her to come with me when I visit my Mom and sister. But one day she will be gone and it is off to Flint I go!
Richard
Post Tue May 01, 2007 8:23 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: