FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Couple killed by police after refusing to drop gun...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

A couple staying at a resort in Laguna Beach, CA were both killed by police after they refused to drop a hand gun. It did not state the color of the couple but this is a $2,200 a night hotel and as it turns out, they also had a semi-automatic in the hotel room.
So, white trash or not, it happens everywhere and solidifies my position that everyone must adhere to the laws society has in place.

"You want to play with guns, you are going to get burned"
Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:50 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
A couple staying at a resort in Laguna Beach, CA were both killed by police after they refused to drop a hand gun. It did not state the color of the couple but this is a $2,200 a night hotel and as it turns out, they also had a semi-automatic in the hotel room.
So, white trash or not, it happens everywhere and solidifies my position that everyone must adhere to the laws society has in place.

"You want to play with guns, you are going to get burned"

Richard,
link please?

What struck me about this post, is that both people were killed. Were they both brandishing a gun? If not, I'd question the need to treat the unarmed person with the same response.

The unarmed person should not have been shot unless their actions were such that the police were required to target them as well.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:24 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A man and a woman were killed at a luxury oceanfront resort when police fired into their bungalow after they refused to drop a handgun, authorities said.

Police were called Sunday to the Montage Resort and Spa by a security guard who said a man and a woman were engaged in a domestic dispute, said police Sgt. Jason Kravetz.

Several subsequent 911 callers said a naked woman was running around the hotel waving a gun, authorities said.

Police arrived at the pair’s room minutes later, and a gun was passed between the man and the woman, who both pointed it at police, authorities said.

Two officers fired into the room after the couple refused to drop the gun.

Police searched the room after the shooting and found a loaded semiautomatic handgun and extra ammunition.

The deaths were the first homicides in Laguna Beach in nearly four years, Kravetz said.

“For something like this to happen here is an anomaly, especially at that location,” he said. “It’s a very quiet community.”

The 262-room resort hotel opened in 2003 and is popular with celebrities.

Bungalows like the one where the couple was found rent for $2,200 a night, according to the hotel’s Web site.

The names of the dead were withheld pending notification of their relatives.

The case has been referred to the Orange County district attorney’s office, which investigates all officer-involved shootings.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2007/04/23/4113936.html

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Steve,

I find this case more troubling than even the Flint shooting for a number of reasons, but preimarily its a lack of details.

to fire into the room...who knows if any other, innocent people may have been inside.

they mention passing the gun between them, and both pointing the guns at officers, BUT.

what EXACTLY transpired at the instant both officers fired is not clear.

If they only saw ONE gun, they should have only shot at the point where they were directly and imminently threatened, which could could only have occurred by one suspect, not both.

otherwise, why didn't they treat it as a barricaded gunman[or gunmen] incident. lock down the area, take cover, protect others, etc....

strange. more to follow? or more likely we'll never hear about it again.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: