FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: LaKisha Jones made it to the Top 5 next week Flint Mi

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint fans, others dialed enough to keep LaKisha singing
Posted by Doug Pullen April 25, 2007 21:37PM
Categories: April 24, 2007, LaKisha Jones

LaKisha Jones sang Fantasia's "I Believe" Ryan Seacrest promised a "shocking" result from this week's record 70 million votes during the "Idol Gives Back" special.
LaKisha Jones wasn't part of that shock (that appears to be between Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis).

LaKisha told at 9:33 p.m. Wednesday that she was safe, and looked relieved after she got the news.

She's now part of the Top 5 next week, though the mentor has not been
announced. (A Fox press release says rocker Jon Bon Jovi)

http://blog.mlive.com/idolchatter/2007/04/whew_flint_fans_others_dialed_enough_to_keep_lakis.html

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

My wife said no one got eliminated this week, but that this weeks totals will be rolled into next week's and then two will get the boot?

whatever, I really don't follow it except to ask "is Lakisha still in it"

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:53 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

everyone is still in it. the votes count for next week too, so hopefully lakisha does better next week.

I doubt jordin or chris has the least amount of votes. they did that on purpose to mess with us. and them.

I really hate that I am up on american idol. i've never watched it before and i will probably never watch it again.

its all because of lakisha.
Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:57 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Next weeks show there will be two contestants gone and I'm afraid to say, Lakisha will probaly be one of them. Her singing is the best but she is a big girl. I will keep voting for her!
Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:55 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I agree, but only because i think the other girls are more cutesy... you know, girly and stuff. Maybe I'm just bitter.

She'll also be kicked off because she lacks versatility. I'm not being anti-Lakisha. I like her. I like her voice style. But her song styles haven't differed enough for her to be an "american idol."

Call me crazy, but I think she'll be content with the title of "successful recording artist" and "vocalist on tour." The place where she will shine the most is probably going to be when she is on tour with American Idol this year. She won't have to worry about pleasing the judges or staying within a prescribed song style, like country or inspirational or latina, but she can shine with the style she prefers.
Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:20 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
everyone is still in it. the votes count for next week too, so hopefully lakisha does better next week.

I doubt jordin or chris has the least amount of votes. they did that on purpose to mess with us. and them.

I really hate that I am up on american idol. i've never watched it before and i will probably never watch it again.

its all because of lakisha.

I have no doubt that the contest is being scripted & manipulated to a degree.

the ebb & flow, fortunes and reversals..if it wasn't there, there'd be no suspense, no reason to keep tuning in.

do people think these TV people would really just leave it up to chance? let one person "kick butt" from the first week on....like laKisha appeared to do?

of course not. Its being manipulated in order to keep an audience. even the Sanjaya thing. its all done with a purpose.

and thats to put butts in front of the tube for the advertisers.

another reason I don't watch.

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:42 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Let's face it, Lakisha will have nothing to worry about when she goes off the show providing she has a manager that will work and take care of her. As I understand, Shanjia already has close to 10 million dollars in endorsements coming his way so do not feel too bad for Lakisha. She will probaly never really return to Flint which will be Flint's lost.

Richard
Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: