FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Just Say No to Flint Proposition 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

josh, FEWS steering is also on the 19th at 4pm. IMPORTANT, If you aren't working.
Washington crime watch will have many COPS officers, has become well organized in a short period of time. Not certain if I can attend. WEDNESDAY, 6pm.

Sec. 3-507 CORRESPONDENCE FROM PERSON DETAINED.
Any letter to the Ombudsman from a person in a place of detention, penal or otherwise, under the control of an agency shall immediately be forwarded unopened, to the Ombudsman.
(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74)
This is where I may be able to address council in my arena of social policy. Jerry I need from your tapes the names\dates of those that addressed council on the health issues in the County jail. Two speakers- Buchanan referred them to the sheriff and to county commissioners. Now if we had a functioning ombudsman the incarcerated would have an avenue to complain..? Yes? Don't get me wrong they are in jail for a reason, but if substandard conditions exist they should have someone to complain to??? Staff infections and maggots in the shower drains....Ewww!

We do not have a city jail, correct? so all inmates are held in the county jail?
I have already contacted Ted Hammon on this issue.

My point is not on the jailed but that a functioning Ombudsman would be able to investigate. In this way my board may be able
to take a position.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:35 pm 
rapunzel

Josh, I need you to email me with your updated address. Please
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:50 pm 
rapunzel

[size=24] Just Say NO![/ size]
We need the city watchdog , now more than ever!
Vote No on February 28, to keep the
Ombudsman’s Office

We have not had this office functioning for many years so most citizens do not know
What this office should have been doing and how it can benefit the citizens?

If you have a problem with the police dept. don’t call your lawyer;

Call your Ombudsman!
If you have a problem with City Hall don’t call your lawyer,

Call your Ombudsman!

Stop the lawsuits; let the city take care of business
As it was meant to do, by the charter!

Sec. 3-504 JURISDICTION.
A. The Ombudsman may investigate official acts of any agency which aggrieve any person. The authority of the Ombudsman extends equally to all agencies.
B. The Ombudsman shall have no power to investigate any matter under the jurisdiction of the Civil Service Commission.
C. The Ombudsman, in accordance with Section 1-801 of this Charter, shall establish rules for receiving and processing complaints, conducting investigations and hearings, and reporting findings. No fee shall be levied for the filing or investigation of complaints. (Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74
Sec. 3-510 DUTY TO REPORT ILLEGAL ACTS.
If the Ombudsman has probable cause to believe that any elective officer, appointee, employee, or member of an agency, or any person doing or seeking to do business with an agency has committed or is committing any illegal act, the Ombudsman shall promptly refer the matter to the appropriate authorities.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:02 am 
rapunzel

Could't attach flyer but is the wording correct???

[size=24] Just Say NO![/ size]
We need the city watchdog , now more than ever!
Vote No on February 28, to keep the
Ombudsman’s Office

We have not had this office functioning for many years so most citizens do not know
What this office should have been doing and how it can benefit the citizens?

If you have a problem with the police dept. don’t call your lawyer;

Call your Ombudsman!
If you have a problem with City Hall don’t call your lawyer,

Call your Ombudsman!

Stop the lawsuits; let the city take care of business
As it was meant to do, by the charter!

Sec. 3-504 JURISDICTION.
A. The Ombudsman may investigate official acts of any agency which aggrieve any person. The authority of the Ombudsman extends equally to all agencies.
B. The Ombudsman shall have no power to investigate any matter under the jurisdiction of the Civil Service Commission.
C. The Ombudsman, in accordance with Section 1-801 of this Charter, shall establish rules for receiving and processing complaints, conducting investigations and hearings, and reporting findings. No fee shall be levied for the filing or investigation of complaints. (Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74
Sec. 3-510 DUTY TO REPORT ILLEGAL ACTS.
If the Ombudsman has probable cause to believe that any elective officer, appointee, employee, or member of an agency, or any person doing or seeking to do business with an agency has committed or is committing any illegal act, the Ombudsman shall promptly refer the matter to the appropriate authorities.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:04 am 
rapunzel

Please disregard previous posts. bad form.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:24 am 
terry bankert

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
I forgot that I had bought a list of likely voters for the 4th Ward when I was running for Council.... Along with addresses, that list included phone numbers...... I am willing to donate that to the group.... Also, if someone is willing to design flyers... I will hand those out to the Crime Watch meetings that I still attend in the Fourth Ward....

Potter Crime Watch meets tomorrow night, third Monday of the month at 7:00 pm at the fires station on Western Rd.... I'll be attending this one....

Washington School Crime Watch meets Wednesday at 6:00 pm at Brown's Funeral Home, the third Wednesday of every month.... I won't be able to attend this meeting because of another engagement ..... Anyone else?

Arlington Heights Community Association will meet on Thursday at St. Marys on Franklin, every third Thursday of the month at 7:00pm.. I'll be attending this meeting....

That is all of the organized block clubs/crime watches in my Ward.... Not quite sure about the rest of the City, Mott Park, College Cultural Area...
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:31 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

I have Ombudsman material in my office and wuill be there until 4:30 call if you want copies and stop by

Terry Bankert 235-1970
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Which meeting was that and how far back. So far You've seen all the meetings I have. I screwed up a few tapes. But I only have the latest ones. Let me know I'll see what I have.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
INVITES YOU TO JOIN US FOR AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING
JANUARY 19, 2006
6:00PM @ ST. MARY PARISH
SPECIAL GUESTS FROM CITY ADMINISTRATION WILL ATTEND TO ANSWER COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT 810 280 9404 OR SEND AN EMAIL TO
boardmember_ahna@yahoo.com
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:21 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

I have started a community event calendar at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintcitizen/

for members, if your want to remain annonimous come in under a new email name. I am not slick enough to id you any other way.

Add dates to calendar or email to me and I will post it to calendar indicate if you can attend to flyer or speak...

only a couple thousand people will vote in this election you can and will make a difference

I have posted a proposed flyer drafted by a member to Flintcitizen.. cut and past, print or modify to your liking print on your home computer and hand out, put at the bottom that it was paid for by you

Do not hesitate to get a couple of your friends together and run your own plan, We have to start some action now!

any thoughts..

terry
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

BALLOT
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2006
CITY OF FLINT
PROPOSAL 2
Shall the Flint City Charter be amended by deleting sec. 3-501 through sec. 3-517 which currently provides for the Office of Ombudsman for the City of Flint?

[]YES
[]NO
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:58 pm 
rapunzel

terry, can't find your original email to groups, suggest modifications.

the millage group last I knew had money for few mailings $2000 in account. One mailing of absentee ballot applications. I believe thay are not against ombudsman just strong pro community police. You mentioned Intent....strong wording

"MAKE THE RIGHT FRIENDS FASTER THAN YOU MAKE THE WRONG
ENEMIES."

"The pro milage group is highly organized and will be promoting a yes vote! The people behind the police milage are intent on destroying the Flint Ombudsmans office.

The pro milage
group is active, organized and has money. They will advocate a yes
vote."

Let this serve as a reminder to all aboard this intiative to not slam other groups but to remain positive...to reach a positive goal!
Rapunzel
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:45 am 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
terry, can't find your original email to groups, suggest modifications.

the millage group last I knew had money for few mailings $2000 in account. One mailing of absentee ballot applications. I believe thay are not against ombudsman just strong pro community police. You mentioned Intent....strong wording

"MAKE THE RIGHT FRIENDS FASTER THAN YOU MAKE THE WRONG
ENEMIES."

"The pro milage group is highly organized and will be promoting a yes vote! The people behind the police milage are intent on destroying the Flint Ombudsmans office.

The pro milage
group is active, organized and has money. They will advocate a yes
vote."

Let this serve as a reminder to all aboard this intiative to not slam other groups but to remain positive...to reach a positive goal!
Rapunzel

Point well taken. I reached too far into my own history where the conservative pro police interest opposed my ombudsmanship. The people in the pro millage campaign are doing nothin I know of to oppose the Ombudsmans office. I will modify what I can find.

QUALITY CONTROL

This is an example of quality control. People are watching, we must be factualy correct. We must be willing to react to the truth.

Thanks for your quality control.

Terry Bankert 1/18/06
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:37 am 
rapunzel

Suggest everyone place articles in the opinions sections of every paper. Especially the Flint Journal. Depending on length it may take two weeks to get published. The shorter the faster. Longer more detailed articles subnit soon or they may publish after the fact. If you are only allowed 1 article per month you could squeeze in two plus a talk back or two. If we ask for many submissions we might get a few with less modifications.
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:25 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

In almost anything we do with this. I cannot seem to see how to seperate any confusion without almost coming out and just saying. Vote Yes for Proposal 1 and No on 2. When I am personally agaisnt one but do wish to support two. It's almost a catch 22 to make sure people are not confused.
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: