FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Manufacturing Dissent -- New Michael Moore Movie.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintStone2007
F L I N T O I D

Finally the truth about Michael Moore!

Now Playing Movie/TV News My Movies DVD/Video IMDbTV Message Boards Showtimes & Tickets IMDbPro IMDb Resume Jake Nelson's account | Logout Home | Top Movies | Photos | Independent Film | GameBase | Browse | Help All Titles - TV Episodes My Movies Names Companies Keywords Characters Quotes Bios Plots more | tips
SHOP MANUFACTURIN...Amazon.com Amazon.ca Amazon.co.uk Amazon.de Amazon.fr DVDVHSCDAll
DVDVHSCDAll
DVDVHSCDAllDVDVHSCDAllDVDVHSCDAllIMDb > Manufacturing Dissent (2007)

Quicklinks main detailscombined detailsfull cast and crewtaglinesphoto galleryuser commentsexternal reviewsuser ratingsrecommendationsmessage boardplot summarymovie connectionsrelease datesTop Links-trailers
-full cast and crew
-trivia
-official sites
-memorable quotes
Overviewmain details
-combined details
-full cast and crew
-company credits
-tv schedule
Promotional-taglines
-trailers
-posters
-photo gallery
Awards & Reviews-user comments
-external reviews
-newsgroup reviews
-awards
-user ratings
-recommendations
-message board
Plot & Quotes-plot summary
-plot keywords
-Amazon.com summary
-memorable quotes
Fun Stuff-trivia
-goofs
-soundtrack listing
-crazy credits
-alternate versions
-movie connections
-FAQ
Other Info-merchandising links
-box office/business
-release dates
-filming locations
-technical specs
-laserdisc details
-DVD details
-literature listings
-news articles
External Links-showtimes
-official sites
-miscellaneous
-photographs
-sound clips
-video clips

Manufacturing Dissent (2007)

advertisement View Photos Discuss In Message Boards View Trailers Add to My Movies IMDb Pro Details
Rollover to rate this title
Saving vote...
Deleting vote...
delete
vote vote
history Your Rating: 1/10
Sorry, there was a problem
User Rating: 7.2/10 (51 votes)
more Directed by
Rick Caine
Debbie Melnyk

Writing credits
Rick Caine
Debbie Melnyk

Genre:Documentary
Tagline:It's never been so hard to get Michael Moore in front of a camera. more
Plot Outline:A documentary that looks to distinguish what's fact, fiction, legend, and otherwise as a camera crew trails Michael Moore as he tours with his film, Fahrenheit 9/11. more
User Comments:A Balanced Film On An Unbalanced Filmmaker more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Credited cast)
Dave Barber
Peter Bart
Tony Bennett
Elizabeth Bourgeois
Jose Bovee
Laura Bush
Jimmy Carter
Rosalynn Carter
Dick Cheney
Noam Chomsky ... Himself
Wesley Clark
Peter Damon
Howard Dean
John Derevlany
Phil Donahue
Michael Donovan

Ryan Eashoo -- Himself - Voice Over

Roger Ebert
Diedre English

Al Franken

Janeane Garofalo ... Herself
David Gilmour
Kathleen Glynn
Danny Goldberg
Ben Hamper ... Himself
Sean Hannity
Terri Hardesty
Don Hazen
Joseph Heath
James Hirsen
Christopher Hitchens ... Himself
Adam Hochschild
Jim Hubbard
Jesse Jackson
Gilles Jacob
Harlan Jacobson ... Himself

Mick Jagger
Jim Kennefick
John Kerry
Chris Lehmann
Jesse Lerner

Chad Lowe
Henriette Mantel
Dave Marsh
Jack Matthews
Albert Maysles ... Himself
Nick McKinney
Debbie Melnyk
Moby
Anne Moore

Michael Moore ... Himself
Errol Morris ... Himself

Govindini Murty
James Musselman
Ralph Nader ... Himself
Alanis Obomsawin
Bill O'Reilly

John Pierson ... Himself
Kevin Rafferty

Ronald Reagan
Sam Riddle
Guy Saperstein
Barbara Schroeder
Roger B. Smith
Ken Starr
Helga Stephenson

Harvey Weinstein
Mike Westfall

Haskell Wexler
Michael Wilson
Byron York
more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime:96 min
Language:English
Color:Color
MOVIEmeter: 59% since last week why?

Movie Connections:Features Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) more

This FAQ is empty. Add the first question.
(Comment on this title)

31 out of 37 people found the following comment useful:-
A Balanced Film On An Unbalanced Filmmaker, 14 February 2007

Author: Joshua Tate (joshuadtate@gmail.com) from United States

It's hard to count how many documentaries have been made about Michael Moore, but those made by Canadian left-wing fans seem to be a bit scarcer. Supported largely by Canadian financiers, Manufacturing Dissent starts out as a balanced exploration of filmmaker and political personality Michael Moore. The film documents Moore during his 2004 national touring campaign for Fahrenheit 9/11, his politically sensational documentary that spoke out against the integrity of the Bush Administration. As the film progresses, the filmmakers are disappointingly unsuccessful in securing an interview with Moore, and as they try, facts arise questioning Moore's credibility as a journalist, his film-making techniques, and his personal character. It concludes on a much less optimistic note than at the beginning, gradually disclosing a reluctantly-developed disenchantment with the fervent Midwestern public activist. What makes Manufacturing Dissent particularly unique is its resistance from sensationalizing its condemning findings. With an attitude of professional reserve, Manufacturing Dissent strategically uses subtlety and a careful resolve to disclose straightforward facts and present the comments of interviewees with accuracy and integrity—a set of convictions that many viewers, in turn, observe to be lacking from Moore's bountiful supply. This is a film that speaks, first and foremost, to the die-hard fans of Michael Moore. Leftist followers owe it to themselves to experience the cautious, revealing process that this film provides.

Was the above comment useful to you? (Report this)
more

Discuss this title with other users on IMDb message board for Manufacturing Dissent (2007) Recent Posts (updated daily) User
Official website for this film leeroth-1
Funny how now its 'fair and balanced'..... vanight
I'd like to see this cheezwizard
There was Fahrenhype 9/11 too. zhadowlord
The Roger Smith 'interview' Caselogic
Featuring Christopher Hitchens Caselogic
more

If you enjoyed this title, our database also recommends:
The Big One The Industry Let's Rock Again! Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media The Relationship
IMDb User Rating:
IMDb User Rating:
IMDb User Rating:
IMDb User Rating:
IMDb User Rating:

Add a recommendation | Show more recommendations

You may report errors and omissions on this page to the IMDb database managers. They will be examined and if approved will be included in a future update. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.

Home | Search | Now Playing | News | My Movies | Games | Boards | Help | US Movie Showtimes | Top 250 | Register | Recommendations
Box Office | Index | Trailers | Jobs | IMDbPro.com - Free Trial | IMDb Resume

Copyright © 1990-2007 Internet Movie Database Inc.
Terms and Privacy Policy under which this service is provided to you.
An company. Advertise on IMDb. License our content.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave

imdb.cm/title/tt0961117/

Link to the trailer
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:58 pm 
The Day Has Come

Michael Moore is seeing his world fall apart, he is quickly becoming a has been. His lies, and false hoods are becoming more and more clear.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:39 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Who cares. We need a better Film festival though. Anyone that totally believes every single thing MM says or every single thing the media says is an idiot. In case no one figured it out Michael Moore was not making a movie to try and make Roger Smith and GM management look good so he seems to have succeeded in his quest.

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:19 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Who cares. We need a better Film festival though.

Adam, Have you been to the Film Festival? How can we improve it? You are welcome to join a committee and help make it better. We need volunteers, movie screeners etc.
Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
I. Add

the people who run the Flint Film Festival are Michael Moore Haters Adam.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:47 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Who cares. We need a better Film festival though.

Adam, Have you been to the Film Festival? How can we improve it? You are welcome to join a committee and help make it better. We need volunteers, movie screeners etc.

The main idea would to be buy decent advertising, you also need to get some decent sponsors, Talk to Paul Herring, do as much free advertising as possible even if means going on channel 17 for 5 minutes a couple times.

It's really frustrating how much stuff goes on in Flint that a lot of people don't know about. For about $10,000 in advertising the city of Flint could probably bring in at least 100,000 in not many more people for some of our key events. I think it would be a worthwhile investment.

The other thing I would definately do is bring in Michael Moore. Even if it was only for something minor I'm sure the controversy would bring people in.

When is the Flint Film Festival? I also need to make sure I make it to the art festival this year. I was also very bummed about missing the What's up Downtown tours last year. We should definately get the tour on Youtube this year.

The point I probably screwed up in making was it doesn't matter how good the Film Festival is if not that many people knows about it. Almost every single person in the county knows about the Crim. Look how successful that is. An event like that needs little if any advertising but most events do.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:25 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I agree. Advertising needs to be bigger. I live in Flushing and I NEVER hear about things happening in Flint, and when I listen to the radio, I only hear things happening in Saginaw or Bay City! Maybe I should listen to different stations....The only time I know something is going on is when its on this site or MAYBE myspace.

So I would try to advertise more to the neighboring cities and villages, maybe focusing on high schools.

I dunno if I would bring in Michael Moore... maybe not now. If the main concern is to attract more people to the Film Festival, Moore, being a rather controversial character whether you like him or don't, might keep some people away. It's also too played out. Yes, everyone knows that Michael Moore is from Flint. I would try to bring in someone fresh. I'm sure there are other people from Flint in the film industry....
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 am 
Too Late

Michael Moore has left the building, he has his own Film Festival... Over 60,000 people came last year, compared to Flint's 1500 people.. LOL
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:46 am 
Texas Man

The movie is in negotiations with New Line to be release Nationwide.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:35 am 
Credic L. Thinkun

One problem is that film festivals are like renaissance
festivals (and b holes)... everyone's got one....

Is there any way to make it unique (animation, or political, or short film, etc.) in the country, or at least the state?

Any way to get sponsors like Turner Movie Classics or Cartoon Network?

Maybe show films at a variety of venues? (eg. films about art could be shown at Buckham Gallery; political films shown in the city council chamber or some other government type place; movies from the drive-in's hay day shown outdoors).
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:05 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Quote Adam "The main idea would to be buy decent advertising, you also need to get some decent sponsors, Talk to Paul Herring, do as much free advertising as possible even if means going on channel 17 for 5 minutes a couple times.

It's really frustrating how much stuff goes on in Flint that a lot of people don't know about. For about $10,000 in advertising the city of Flint could probably bring in at least 100,000 in not many more people for some of our key events. I think it would be a worthwhile investment.

The other thing I would definately do is bring in Michael Moore. Even if it was only for something minor I'm sure the controversy would bring people in.

When is the Flint Film Festival? I also need to make sure I make it to the art festival this year. I was also very bummed about missing the What's up Downtown tours last year. We should definately get the tour on Youtube this year.

The point I probably screwed up in making was it doesn't matter how good the Film Festival is if not that many people knows about it. Almost every single person in the county knows about the Crim. Look how successful that is. An event like that needs little if any advertising but most events do."[/quote]

My response
We do all those things that you mentioned. Paid advertising is very expensive, if we could afford more we would certainly do it. We had 1500 people last year, a very good turn out. Like I said we would be glad to have you on a committee. We have been screening the movies and we have some really good submissions. I think it is going to be the best one yet. If you have not even attended the FFF, how can you say it needs to be better? We learn more every year and it gets better every time. Not too many events start out huge, they have to grow. The Crim has grown over 30 years, it was nothing like it is now when it started. The same story with the Renaissance Festival in Holly.
I think The FFF is a great chance for the people in the Flint area to get to see films that they would otherwise not even know existed. Of course it could be better and it will be better with experience and establishment. Please come to a meeting and give us your input.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 pm 
MT. Morris Man

I agree with LunchLady and Ryan Eashoo we need Michael Moore to make Flint come back. He is the most famous and we could really work off his supporters and non supporters alike.
Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:46 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Credic L. Thinkun"]
Any way to get sponsors like Turner Movie Classics or Cartoon Network?

[quote]

I know Kalamazoo already has an animation film festival... but if you could somehow tie in Cartoon Network, that would be AMAZING. The Cartoon Network affiliation would draw families and kids (and me. I love cartoons). And the OTHER affiliation with Adult Swim would bring in high school, college, and adult people with ridiculous senses of humor (also me).

If you are DEAD SET on bringing Michael Moore in in some way, PLEASE don't make him a headliner or keynote speaker or whatever. Bring him in as part of a group of other noted Flint natives in the movie/tv business. There is a slew of them. Branch out.

ADVERTISE.

Feed off of colleges. Not just the ones in Flint, but like... Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Kalamazoo, Mt. Pleasant.... everywhere in Michigan. College kids love showing their work to groups of people and they are usually willing to travel to do it.

Plus, by advertising a call for entries to farther away places, people will think its a really big deal and will be more likely to come, and then it will BE a big deal!

Of course, my logic doesn't always work in the real world. And I've never been to a film festival.
Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:56 pm 
C.L.T.

and here's another thought...

Industrial films!

If only we lived in an area that has an extensive history with industry....

The old industrial films (and public service films) from the fifties and earlier are a hoot!

The point is for the FFF to find a unique voice now and not wait until "attendance grows."
Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:11 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: