FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: For all you religious idiots
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:49 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Awesome video, if not a bit heavy handed.

Here's a good one, too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:08 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why do people who say that do not believe in GOD always have to attack the people that do??

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Because a belief in god is delusional and dangerous.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:04 am 
I am Who I am

JB... Roscoe...

I am not pleased....

- God
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:18 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
Because a belief in god is delusional and dangerous.

how so?

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:40 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Let us suppose, just for the sake of argument, that you are right. If I live my life as a Christian, and there is no God, I've lost nothing. I lived my life as I wanted. I've harmed no one in doing so. If, however, I live my life as you would have me, and you're wrong, I've lost everything. And that loss would have been caused by your insistence on my being an idiot for believing in God.

I must also ask, again, whatever became of the civil in civil discourse? I would never suggest that the disbelief in God, in and of itself, would make one an idiot. Why would you suggest that all religious people are?
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:05 pm 
Logic Al

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
Let us suppose, just for the sake of argument, that you are right. If I live my life as a Christian, and there is no God, I've lost nothing. I lived my life as I wanted. I've harmed no one in doing so. If, however, I live my life as you would have me, and you're wrong, I've lost everything. And that loss would have been caused by your insistence on my being an idiot for believing in God.

I must also ask, again, whatever became of the civil in civil discourse? I would never suggest that the disbelief in God, in and of itself, would make one an idiot. Why would you suggest that all religious people are?

"If I live my life as a Christian, and there is no God, I've lost nothing."
Well, one thing you'd lose is the full experience of everything, because you had misassociated everything to a fabricated cause/effect relationship.

"I lived my life as I wanted."
This goes against the basic tennant of "Do as you should". What you want has nothing to do with how you should live as a part of a religous community. Further, no man can want to be or do all, as outlined in the bible. Such a man would then be god's equal. Are you sure that your god is no better than you?

"I've harmed no one in doing so."
This is a rather large assumtion that I would assume to be false. A man does too many things in life, all with unseen effects. However, a person who is oblivious might think their beliefs have never and will never hurt anyone.

"If, however, I live my life as you would have me, and you're wrong, I've lost everything."
Not really. You can still live the exact same way, do the same type of good, show the same type of respect. Does your god let good people into heaven, or only the good people who are 'members of the club?"

"And that loss would have been caused by your insistence on my being an idiot for believing in God."
This sentance doesnt actually mean anything, so the author will need to restate it.

"I must also ask, again, whatever became of the civil in civil discourse? I would never suggest that the disbelief in God, in and of itself, would make one an idiot. Why would you suggest that all religious people are?"
I too believe in civil discourse. But, adhering to a false belief in spite of overwhelming evidence against the belief is, in fact, stupid. But smart people can most certainly be stupid when it comes to some things. That only makes the person stupid about a certain thing or things. It doesnt mean they are stupid in general.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
Logic Al

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:

"If I live my life as a Christian, and there is no God, I've lost nothing."
Well, one thing you'd lose is the full experience of everything, because you had misassociated everything to a fabricated cause/effect relationship.

"I lived my life as I wanted."
This goes against the basic tennant of "Do as you should". What you want has nothing to do with how you should live as a part of a religous community. Further, no man can want to be or do all, as outlined in the bible. Such a man would then be god's equal. Are you sure that your god is no better than you?

"I've harmed no one in doing so."
This is a rather large assumtion that I would assume to be false. A man does too many things in life, all with unseen effects. However, a person who is oblivious might think their beliefs have never and will never hurt anyone.

"If, however, I live my life as you would have me, and you're wrong, I've lost everything."
Not really. You can still live the exact same way, do the same type of good, show the same type of respect. Does your god let good people into heaven, or only the good people who are 'members of the club?"

"And that loss would have been caused by your insistence on my being an idiot for believing in God."
This sentance doesnt actually mean anything, so the author will need to restate it.

"I must also ask, again, whatever became of the civil in civil discourse? I would never suggest that the disbelief in God, in and of itself, would make one an idiot. Why would you suggest that all religious people are?"
I too believe in civil discourse. But, adhering to a false belief in spite of overwhelming evidence against the belief is, in fact, stupid. But smart people can most certainly be stupid when it comes to some things. That only makes the person stupid about a certain thing or things. It doesnt mean they are stupid in general.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Your hypothetical situation is called Pascal's wager. I can think of nothing that is more insulting to your god because basically you're saying your faith is an insurance policy. i.e. "I don't really believe this stuff, but just in case there is eternal damnation, I should convince myself that it is true."

As far as civil discourse...........believers are doing so much damage to this world, that they really don't deserve it.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:24 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I am Who I am schreef:
JB... Roscoe...

I am not pleased....

- God

Dear God,

I'm sure you are not pleased. But something tells me you are even more displeased in your so called "followers" who use your name to rack up immeasurable suffering in the world you made. I apologize for them. Hopefully you can forgive them.

JB
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:30 pm 
I am Who I Am

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
quote:
I am Who I am schreef:
JB... Roscoe...

I am not pleased....

- God

Dear God,

I'm sure you are not pleased. But something tells me you are even more displeased in your so called "followers" who use your name to rack up immeasurable suffering in the world you made. I apologize for them. Hopefully you can forgive them.

JB

JB, How nice to hear from you again. And odd- Usually I only hear from you when you want money. Oh well, the children of me will be the children of me.

Yes, JB, they too displease me. All will be resolved in time.

But, JB, people who apologize when they dont mean it displease me more. So now, that thing you wanted... ain't gonna happen. And let me know when you start feeling an itch.

-K. of Kings.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Dear God,

Did ya HAVE to make it itch down there!

Oh well, you ARE the almighty. I suppose I had it coming to me.

It's not you I despise, it's your followers............so at least you and I have that in common.

JB
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm 
Eileen

It's the amputee arguement that makes the most sense. We have testimonials from all sorts of people about how their cancer and other illnesses were cured through prayer. Anyone who's been to a revival can tell you that prayer can cure crippled limbs.

So why does god have it out for amputees? Have there been no amputees who were devout enough or prayed enough to have their condition reversed? Are all amputees dirty, filthy sinners? Are child amputees people who were going to sin later, so God just took their limbs now? Is he trying to reduce his future workload?

Does god find stubs kinda hot?

Does he just want some people to be easy to catch? Or be unable to?

And what about people who are heavily retarded? Why did God make them so they could never develop an understanding of god? That means they could never believe, never be born again and never be saved!

It's all like god just sits back and tweeks us once and awhile, for good or for bad. God likes to watch.

Remember folks... the next time you see one of our kids who has returned from Iraq because he or she was wounded and had something amputated... There be a sinner! STONE HIM!!! BURN HIM!!! ... until he sins no more....

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Eileen,

I like your way of thinking! You're kinda hot! I'm intriqued and attracted to you!

You and I should fornicate and damn ourselves to hell!

Surely we'll burn in hell for eternity...............but the sex will be awesome while we're here on earth............let's go for it!
Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:09 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: