FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Historic Commission to review its Manning Street vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Joe Knows

Yes he did, he threatened people if they did not elect him to be CHAIRMAN.
He bullied people into making him KING of da commission.

He is very Barkus too, and Jim Rutherford and Nancy Sinclar

quote:
Wry Ann Eashoo schreef:
Eashoo has never turned in anyone to the HDC.

He forced his way to be chair of the commisson.

He voted to support the 1st plan - to move the houses.

He voted against demolition, but only after there was enough votes cates to approve the demo. His vote didnt matter. If it did, he would have voted to tear them down.

He says he was scolded by Conroy... but since Eashoo lies at the moments notice he probably made it up so Sinclair & Barkus would think he was on their side.

Ive gone to a few of the commisons meetings and Eashsos made things up & lied at each one.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:54 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
I wonder if we will have enough votes to over turn this tragidy?

You would have had you voted to overturn it and if the abstaining member would also have voted to overturn it. If you wanted to save the houses why not vote to save the houses?

"Eashoo voted against rescinding the earlier approval, but said he wants to continue working with the Cultural Center to find a solution over the next month."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-43/1175869270257050.xml&coll=5

FLINT - Four historic homes on Manning Court failed to win a stay of execution Thursday night, despite pleas from emotional residents.

The Flint Historic District Commission considered rescinding approval they granted in November to allow the Flint Cultural Center and Flint Institute of Music to demolish the homes built by auto pioneer J. Dallas Dort more than 100 years ago.

By a 4-2 vote, the previous decision stood. One member abstained.

"It doesn't seem at all reasonable to tear down these houses," said Phillip Barnhart, who takes lessons at FIM and lives in the Carriage Town neighborhood.

The Cultural Center wants to demolish or move the four houses to make room for a 130-spot parking lot that they say will increase safety and convenience for the 3,500 students who take lessons at FIM.

David White, president of the Genesee County Historical Society, said attorneys will pursue a court injunction to save the homes.

Commission Chairman Ryan Eashoo said the issue is not dead.

Eashoo voted against rescinding the earlier approval, but said he wants to continue working with the Cultural Center to find a solution over the next month.

A six-month mandatory waiting period expires May 4. The commission's next meeting is May 3, at which time Eashoo said the issue will likely be considered again.

"I want to give them an opportunity (to find alternatives)," Eashoo said. "I think we can all come to the table.

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:49 pm 
shocked

I was shocked to know that Ryan Easchoo voted to allow the demolition of those beautiful old homes on Manning Court just to the Flint Institute of Music can build a parking lot.<p>

Those who wanted to save the houses voiced their opinions as such. But for those who wanted to tear the houses down, Easchoo included, I havent heard them say why they should be (other than to build a parking lot).

<p>An architect at the HDC meeting on 4-5-07 noted that houses in as good of condition as the Manning Court homes, have never been torn down.<p>

Easchoo as well as the Flint College Cultural Corp say that no other alternatives to demolishing the homes has been considered. Why not?<p>

If you are someone who wanted to see these homes saved, homes that represent not only viable houses for Downtown but homes that represent a part of flint's history, the protest and boycott those people on the board of the Historic District Commission. Give your business to those who care about Flint and are working to reverse the enormous amount of destructive the Downtown area has witnessed over the last 30 years.
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:11 am 
BOYCOTT EASCHOO

EASCHOO MUST BE MOVING OUT OF FLINT AND BACK TO DAVISON. HIS HOUSE IN CARRIAGE TOWN IS FOR SALE.

WHY WOULD HE HAVE HIS HOUSE FOR SALE WHEN HE SAYS HE LOVES THE NEIGHBORHOOD SO MUCH?
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Well, if he does move out of flint, i'm pretty sure he won't be on the HDC anymore, because I think you have to be a city resident.

and if you don't have to be a city resident... sign me up
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:46 am 
Flint Pride

I am a member of the Flint Cultural Center, and I think these houses need to be torn down, which they will. Its hilarious how low you people go to discredit someone. Mr. Eashoo is one vote out of 7.

It didn't matter which way Mr. Eashoo voted, the outcome would have been the same if he voted YES or NO. Why carry on about this, when you should be focusing on alternatives??? We want to save these houses, and preserve them, Commissioners Heddy,Eashoo,Suomela,Rutherford,Smith all feel the same way.

Dallas Dort is working hard to make sure these homes aren't torn down, why can't you all work with us on this issue? At this point if you continue to be radicals about this issue, the houses fate could coincide with a wrecking ball.
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:05 pm 
Joe

quote:
Wry Ann Eashoo schreef:
Eashoo has never turned in anyone to the HDC.

He voted against demolition, but only after there was enough votes cates to approve the demo. His vote didnt matter. If it did, he would have voted to tear them down.

Well, Eashoo votes second, behind Barkus, how could he vote after enough votes were cast? Barkus voted No for Demo, then Eashoo followed suit.
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:08 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flint Pride schreef:
I am a member of the Flint Cultural Center, and I think these houses need to be torn down, which they will. Its hilarious how low you people go to discredit someone. Mr. Eashoo is one vote out of 7.

It didn't matter which way Mr. Eashoo voted, the outcome would have been the same if he voted YES or NO. Why carry on about this, when you should be focusing on alternatives??? We want to save these houses, and preserve them, Commissioners Heddy,Eashoo,Suomela,Rutherford,Smith all feel the same way.

Dallas Dort is working hard to make sure these homes aren't torn down, why can't you all work with us on this issue? At this point if you continue to be radicals about this issue, the houses fate could coincide with a wrecking ball.

While I agree, some posts have just been pointlessly mean, the point is, why would someone speak differently than they vote? Sure, the vote would have been the same either way. It's the principle of the person that's in question at this point.

Also, if you were at the meeting on thursday, you would know that a good chunk of the meeting was an architect explaining a number of different alternatives that would save the houses. No one at the meeting spoke on behalf of the Cultural Center to say whether or not the alternatives offered had been considered and why they wouldn't work if they had. A commissioner asked Dort whether or not the FCCC had seen the proposed alternatives and he refused to speak for the FCCC. So why weren't they there? It was kind of an important meeting.

The people who want to save the Manning Street homes aren't radicals. They just respect the law and guidelines set down in the first place. Manning Street was made an historic district so that it would be protected.
Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:18 am 
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

I'm not so smart with this "enter net" thing. So, if this doesn't work, go ahead and delete this posting.

Please, go to http://www.eastvillagemagazine.org:8000/evm/fmpro to find every story covered by East Village Magazine about the FCCC/Manning Street topic.

A new story will be put on-line sometime during the next few days.

And... to those who commented on the commission's voting order... I can't find any rhyme or reason for how it is handled.

Did anyone ask staff to call their name last? I dunno.

Robert's Rules has role call votes alphabetically, with the chairman voting last (and sometimes to only break ties). I think the city council uses wards, but starts with whoever made the motion.

I seem to recall... but, only dimly... that the HDC used to go by alpha, but started with a random commissioner, so noone gets stuck always voting last.

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Charlie
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flint Pride schreef:

Moving the houses is demolition according to the law. Shouldn't the Cultural Center be looking at the Alternatives along with the commission? Non of the people listed above have any idea of what historic preservation is about. The Cultural CEnter dosn't even listen to their own staff at the history museum. Wake up and start running the Cultural Center for the people of Flint. Not the people of Ann Arbor like Dallas Dort.
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:30 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flint Pride schreef:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flint Pride,
You say in the first paragraph that you want the houses torn down and in the 2nd you say "we want to save these houses". Which is it? I am having a hard time understanding you. From his guest column in the paper it sounded like Dort DOES want the houses torn down. If all those commissioners want to save the houses as you say, they are doing the opposite of what they need to do. There are numerous alternatives to demolition. From what I've seen and heard and read the people opposed to tearing down the houses have offered many alternatives and been ignored.
Dort's big argument was that kids are more important than buildings, true dat, but we can have both and as a former kid I would have given up a little convenience to be able to see the historic buildings and homes that were demolished before I got the chance. Those kids are the ones who will be glad later that we didn't tear them down.
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

See my thread regarding the commission's April meeting.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: