FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Historic Commission to review its Manning Street vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flint Stone

Shouldn't of Mr. Suomela Abstained as well?
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:25 am 
Interested observer...

Flint Historic District Commission....... What a circus and a farce!!!

Yes, its rather obvious that ALL of the 'new' commissioners were a set-up by the Mayor. Puppets, if you will, of the current reign that keeps Flint the third world city that it is. Rid the struggling city of all it's evil historic buildings!! Parking lots and unmowed, garbage filled vacant lots will draw the people in like magnents! So, so closed-minded, uncreative, selfish and self motivated- just for starters. Just where is this 'Cool City" I keep seeing signs for?

Boy, and that Ryan Eashoo is no better... quite the hypocrate, isn't he? Do you think that beyond his infamous 'issues with the truth', that he also is one of those people SO starved for attention that he does 'things', good or bad, just to get his name in print?! He must be LOVING this FlintTalk forum. Eat it up Lyin' Ryan!!!

How will he ever show his face public again?!? Well, of course the good 'ol boy network, that he is obviously in bed with, will be his 'friends'. I wonder how fun going out to The Triangle with Jerry Preston and Larry Ford will be?
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:29 am 
vi

Its time to boycott the Flint Cultural Center Coporation institutions ( Sloan, Whiting, and Longway) and the Flint Insitute of Music programs until they agree to preserve the Manning Street Historic District.

If you want to buy a building downtown don't buy from Ryan Eashoo, use someone else so that he doesn't get all the commission.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm 
It Sucks

I think the Cultural Center should tear all those houses down over there, they are eye sores. FIM is the best place to take lessons or hear music.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:33 pm 
Know It All

As a person who appreciates History, I think we need to remove all the commissioners from that Commission. Just get rid of the Historic Ordinance all together, who cares anymore?
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:12 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Let me tell you what. I felt SO good at the HDC meeting on Thursday. Those speaking on behalf of keeping Manning Street were excellent and convincing. The majority of the room was there in support of keeping the houses and I even heard one of the people in the room who were FOR the demolition whisper to someone else "I didn't think we'd win the last time, and I don't think we'll win today." Even the opposition thought that the case for keeping the homes was better than the case for tearing them down.

So let me tell you, when the commission voted against it, it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Maybe I would have understood if the commissioners who voted against it stated their case AGAINST all of the public comments for the homes. The poor couple in front of me were just as confused as I was, especially about Ryan Eashoo voting against rescinding the vote. How can you speak differently than you vote?

I'm not going to sling mud. I'm not going to talk bad about anyone on the commission. But I agree with some previous posts that the only ones I really trust were commissioners Barkus and Sinclair. They were excellent.

There are so many things I don't understand about law and historic district commissions. But I do think some things about Flint's HDC need to be overhauled.

But I have to say that the votes to approve the work of those other homeowners were spot on. And to the woman who with her brother is overseeing the replacement of the aluminum windows with original wood windows on their newly purchased historic home, I LOVE YOU!
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:26 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
I even heard one of the people in the room who were FOR the demolition whisper to someone else "I didn't think we'd win the last time, and I don't think we'll win today."

Sorry. Let me fix my grammatical error.

"I even heard one of the people in the room who was for the demolition..."

I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of not being educated.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:30 pm 

People working together can make great change. People who allow ego and greed to get in their way only hurt everyone around them. To the people of Flint:<p>

Ryan Easchoo is a bad realtor and an even worse Historic District Commission Chairman. He should be removed and banned from Carriage Town as well as the City of Flint. How can someone who describes himself as a historic preservationist have voted to demolish the historic homes on Manning Court? <p>

If anyone out there actually looks at the historic homes that Easchoo sells, you'll see that he knows nothing about which he speaks. Flint will only change when you get rid of people like him.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:58 pm 
Drew

Very good post Tegan, your one of the most level headed people on here. So many people are just losers and spread venom. Keep on focusing on the positive.

quote:
Tegan schreef:
Let me tell you what. I felt SO good at the HDC meeting on Thursday. Those speaking on behalf of keeping Manning Street were excellent and convincing. The majority of the room was there in support of keeping the houses and I even heard one of the people in the room who were FOR the demolition whisper to someone else "I didn't think we'd win the last time, and I don't think we'll win today." Even the opposition thought that the case for keeping the homes was better than the case for tearing them down.

So let me tell you, when the commission voted against it, it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Maybe I would have understood if the commissioners who voted against it stated their case AGAINST all of the public comments for the homes. The poor couple in front of me were just as confused as I was, especially about Ryan Eashoo voting against rescinding the vote. How can you speak differently than you vote?

I'm not going to sling mud. I'm not going to talk bad about anyone on the commission. But I agree with some previous posts that the only ones I really trust were commissioners Barkus and Sinclair. They were excellent.

There are so many things I don't understand about law and historic district commissions. But I do think some things about Flint's HDC need to be overhauled.

But I have to say that the votes to approve the work of those other homeowners were spot on. And to the woman who with her brother is overseeing the replacement of the aluminum windows with original wood windows on their newly purchased historic home, I LOVE YOU!
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:11 am 
Drew

Very good post Tegan, your one of the most level headed people on here. So many people are just losers and spread venom. Keep on focusing on the positive.

quote:
Tegan schreef:

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:11 am 
Formerflintteach

You guys are the ones with the problem, Ryan made a choice, a choice which didn't change any outcome. Now people are accusing him of all kinds of things and using slander against him. This is why Flint isn't coming back.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I have to say I was shocked and still can't believe Ryan voted that way. I want to know WHY?
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Yes, RYAN EASCHOO made a VERY BAD CHOICE to DEMOLISH the HISTORIC HOMES BUILT BY MR DORT ALMOST 100 YRS AGO. For anyone who thinks that this does not prove that Easchoo and the others who voted for the demolision of these homes are not in the pocket of the Mayor and the FCC, are dead wrong. This is your proof.

Lunchlady-thanks for your post. Make a point and dont serve Easchoo next time he comes into your establishment.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:32 am 
Enough

formerflinteach: i think what you're seeing here is the frustration of those who trusted Easchoo and the other HDC members to uphold the rules/laws of the Commission in overseeing and protecting Flint's historic resources. The HDC, and Easchoo in particular, have not been responsible in doing that. The HDC and Easchoo voted to destroy the Manning Court homes. Easchoo, who says he's very much a preservationist and who apparently lives in Carriage Town, is known for reporting homeowners to the City/HDC for failing to get Certificates of Approrpiateness for work homeowners are doing to their property. Yes, he feels he has the power and has the right to approve the demolition of the 4 very charming homes built by our forefathers. Venom may be flung, but in the end it's the HDC and Easchoo's irresponsible acts that people are commenting on. Other than the racial comment, I'd say everyone is right on.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:12 am 
Wry Ann Eashoo

Eashoo has never turned in anyone to the HDC.

He forced his way to be chair of the commisson.

He voted to support the 1st plan - to move the houses.

He voted against demolition, but only after there was enough votes cates to approve the demo. His vote didnt matter. If it did, he would have voted to tear them down.

He says he was scolded by Conroy... but since Eashoo lies at the moments notice he probably made it up so Sinclair & Barkus would think he was on their side.

Ive gone to a few of the commisons meetings and Eashsos made things up & lied at each one.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:13 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: