FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Historic Commission to review its Manning Street vote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

Here's a new "Manning Street story" that will be in the March 10 issue of East Village Magazine.

Just click on the link to go to the EVM's web site and read the whole story.

Group to vote again on destroying Manning St. houses

By Gregory J. Vanucci

The Flint Historic District Commission March 1 agreed to review a plan it previously approved to allow the Flint Cultural Center Corporation to demolish four of the six houses that make up the Manning Street Historic District to build a parking lot for the Flint Institute of Music.

It also approved site plans for a project to restore the Berridge Hotel in the Carriage Town Historic District....

(For the rest of the story go to www.eastvillagemagazine.org and click on the headline. There are several new stories, many stories regarding Manning Street, a ton of news releases from a variety of non-profit groups and government offices, a couple thousand photos taken in the Flint area and much, much, more. Check out the demographic and economic studies of Genesee County on the Miscelaneous Page.)

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Thom

I hope Ryan Eashoo will vote the same way to allow the properties to stay in tact. I do hope Steve Heddy gets some balls and votes to save those wonderful homes.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am not a flip flopper!!

quote:
Thom schreef:
I hope Ryan Eashoo will vote the same way to allow the properties to stay in tact. I do hope Steve Heddy gets some balls and votes to save those wonderful homes.

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if we will have enough votes to over turn this tragidy?

quote:
GregoryJVanucci schreef:
Here's a new "Manning Street story" that will be in the March 10 issue of East Village Magazine.

By Gregory J. Vanucci

The Flint Historic District Commission March 1 agreed to review a plan it previously approved to allow the Flint Cultural Center Corporation to demolish four of the six houses that make up the Manning Street Historic District to build a parking lot for the Flint Institute of Music.

It also approved site plans for a project to restore the Berridge Hotel in the Carriage Town Historic District....

(For the rest of the story go to www.eastvillagemagazine.org and click on the headline. There are several new stories, many stories regarding Manning Street, a ton of news releases from a variety of non-profit groups and government offices, a couple thousand photos taken in the Flint area and much, much, more. Check out the demographic and economic studies of Genesee County on the Miscelaneous Page.)

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Ryan,

refresh my memory, did the 'demolish" forces win by one vote previously?

If so, I think the key vote may be Rutherford.

I don't have profound insight into the connections and motivations of the others, but it seemed to me Rutherford came in at the last minute, after much of the discussion had occurred and he seems to be involved in the fact finding process now; so if any of the information about the FCC people NOT looking at other alternatives and presuming the issue truly is about kids access to the building, then clearly there are several better alternatives that represent a win/win result.

we'll see.

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:35 pm 
rapunzel

Biggie,

You are exactly right. Rutherford is the swing vote.

I tried to speak with him prior to one meeting but his hearing is poor.

Suggest he be contacted in writing. Wink

He did seem interested in exploring options but was also concerned about inciting public chaos/picketing.

Peace,
RAP
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:26 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

James Rutherford
Steve Heddy
Dale Suomela
Mildred Smith

VOTED AGAINST DEMOLITION:
Ryan Eashoo
Leanne Barkus
Nancy Sinclair
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

quote:
GregoryJVanucci schreef:

By Gregory J. Vanucci

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:36 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Many Alternatives! We need people to pack City Hall and support saving these homes, this is the last chance to do so.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Ryan,

refresh my memory, did the 'demolish" forces win by one vote previously?

If so, I think the key vote may be Rutherford.

I don't have profound insight into the connections and motivations of the others, but it seemed to me Rutherford came in at the last minute, after much of the discussion had occurred and he seems to be involved in the fact finding process now; so if any of the information about the FCC people NOT looking at other alternatives and presuming the issue truly is about kids access to the building, then clearly there are several better alternatives that represent a win/win result.

we'll see.

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:40 pm 
Ike and Read

A year ago, almost all the commissioners told the Cultural people it was ok to move the houses. But because there are other ways to solve there parking problem, moving the houses would have been just as wrong as tearing them down.

Eeshoo was in their pocket then to move there houses, but went against them when they talked about tearing them down.

Will he jump back in their pocket if they go back to wanting to move them again?
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:13 pm 
bustabrown

RYAN EASCHOO VOTES TO DEMOLISH MANNING COURT.

SO YOU DON'T FLIP FLOP HUH?

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE UNAWARE, RYAN EASCHOO FAILED TO SHOW UP AT AN HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION VOTE EARLIER THIS YEAR THAT WOULD HAVE SAVED MANNING COURT. HE IS NOT A PRESERVATIONIST AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION.
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:32 pm 
Joe Knows

Sad Day! Steve Heddy, Mildred Smith, Ryan Eashoo, Jim Rutherford, Nancy Sinclair, Dale Suomela vote not to reconsider.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:39 am 
Preservationist

These Manning Ct historic homes would have been saved if Chariman Ryan Easchoo had shown up for a meeting of the Historic District Commission several months ago when they initally voted to rescind their initial demo approval. Ryan Easchoo felt it wasnt important enough to attend. If Ryan Easchoo had been there to vote to rescind the intial demolition approval, the vote would have been overturned and the demolition would have not have gone through. It was at this meeting several months ago that James Rutherford had changed his mind and voted to rescind the demolition approval. This vote last night clearly shows that Ryan Easchoo is in the pockets of the Flint College Cultural Corp and clearly is out to do what it takes for his own personal gain (behind the scenes of course, otherwise why would someone on the Historic District Commission vote to destroy an entire Historic District?)
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 am 

quote:
Joe Knows schreef:
Sad Day! Steve Heddy, Mildred Smith, Ryan Eashoo, Jim Rutherford, Nancy Sinclair, Dale Suomela vote not to reconsider.

Wait a minute. Nancy Sinclair made the motion to reconsider and Leanne Barkus supportted the motion. they are the only preservationists on the HDC.

Ryan Eashoo is a loser. Eashoo, Rutherford, Sumala, and Heddy were all put on the commission by the mayor to support the destruction of Manning Court. Jerry Preston of the Convention and Visitor Bureau is also in on it. Jerry and Steve Heddy are on the FIM committee to move the houses.

Jerry Preston was behind getting these people appointed. They were all intereviewed first and asked how would they vote on the Manning Street project and were only appointed if they were in favor of the Cultural Center. Ryan got heat from Joe Conroy when he voted against the demo in Novemeber so he flip flopped.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 am 
Guest II

Easchoo is a loser and is only concerned with his pocket book. Look at his business practices, especially in Carriage Town and you will see exactly what kind of person he is. Sinclair and Barkus, yes, are the only true preservationists on that board! The people of Carriage Town have a cancerous tumor that they need to rid themselves of.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:21 am 
Guest III

No Sinclair did not vote for Demolition, the scum bags Rutherford,Eashoo,Heddy,Suomela and Smith did.

They all need to be removed.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:23 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: