FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Man, what happened to FlintTalk and Why does Flint Suck?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
T.B Told

Flint Sucks cause Big AL moved away!
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:47 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

as usual...no one else willing to "put up" and put their money where their mouth is. Still waiting for a name of a small foster care agency to donate to. How bout either one of you (RAP or lunchlady) give me a nonprofit childrens orginization from Flint of your choice and I'll make out a check in your honor! Willing to donate some of my "fed" dime anytime for the right cause!
It amazing how some people come on here and attack me because of my words but say nothing about my actions. I guess it's hard to say something nice when youre from Flint, Ive struggled with that my entire life myself!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:31 am 
Chilled R. Ehn

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
as usual...no one else willing to "put up" and put their money where their mouth is. Still waiting for a name of a small foster care agency to donate to. How bout either one of you (RAP or lunchlady) give me a nonprofit childrens orginization from Flint of your choice and I'll make out a check in your honor! Willing to donate some of my "fed" dime anytime for the right cause!
It amazing how some people come on here and attack me because of my words but say nothing about my actions. I guess it's hard to say something nice when youre from Flint, Ive struggled with that my entire life myself!

Ennis Center for Children, Inc.
129 E.Third Street
Flint, MI 48502
Telephone: (810) 233-4031
Fax: (810) 233-0008

Founded 1978, Ennis Center for Children, Inc. is a nonprofit, licensed child placement agency providing foster care, adoption services and support programs for children and families. Ennis Center for Children, Inc. helps children in need from birth to age 19, creating family stability and providing permanent homes. With offices in Detroit, Waterford and Flint, Ennis Center for Children, Inc. is ensuring that children throughout Southeast and Mid-Michigan have safe, nurturing environments in which to live and grow.

Our dedication to the families we serve is best described through our mission statement...

To preserve and reunify families whenever possible, and to create new families when needed.

Ennis Center for Children, Inc. Executive Leadership
Robert Ennis, M.S.W., C.S.W. President
Janet Frost, M.S.W., C.S.W. Senior Vice President
Gary Wend, M.S.W., C.S.W. Vice President of Mental Health & Program Development
Gale Schempf, B.B.A. Vice President of Finance & Human Resources

Ennis Center for Children, Inc. Board Members
Kimberly Stout Chairperson
Bruce Brownlee Vice Chairperson
Denise Brooks-Williams Secretary
Jeffrey Williams Treasurer
Eleanor Austin
Dennis Brewer
Eleanor Mickens
Dale Mansour
Karen Topolinski
Fred Simpson
Judge Greg Mathis Honorary Member

And Al, I don't work for them and never did. I'm not involved with them at all, nor do I know anyone who is. I just know about them and have for several years. So, there's your group. Other than that... try a google search, dude!
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:15 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Chilled.......Check will be in the mail on my way home tonight. I just wish others would assist children in my hometown. With 2 strikes againsnt them already just by having to go to Flint schools and just by actually living in Flint, more and more children of Flint could use the help. Thanks again!

PS...I know I could of googled but was hoping "someone unmentioned" would come up to the plate but I guess thats asking to much!!! Thanks again!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:29 pm 
Tim W. (Mojoe)

It's doesn't look like much has changed with Al (Geebo) Garcia. I'm pretty sure it is the same person I knew growing up. Someone told me he moved out east several years ago. I'm glad to see he is doing quite well for himself and made a better life for himself and his family.
I have seen pictures of him and his beautiful family on flintonline.
I see he has become the whipping boy on this site. Al has always been someone to stand there and take the heat. Never backed down from a good fight, or a good cause. I remeber one time at the old Flint Academy, there was some racial problems and a bunch of white kids were throwing rocks at a couple black kids as they walked out the door and headed to the bus. The racial tension had been going on for weeks since a problem had come up at a school dance previously.
I remember Al yelling at the kids to stop throwing rocks and they refused. A couple black girls came out the door, one got hit in the back of the head, Al ran up and threw his jacket on the girl and ran her both of them back inside the building. All the time, still being pelted with small rocks. I just sat there on the bus thinking he was crazy.
A few years later, I remember that he was in student government at Central, I think we were in the 11th grade. He was in charge of the thanksgiving food drive. They raised enough money and got enough food to provide for around 15 or 20 families. He had a chevette at the time and they were making delieveries the night before thanksgiving, most in some pretty dangerous neighborhoods in Flint. I remember that he had car problems and couldnt make the rest of the delieveries that night.
On thanksgiving morning, he had a chance to go to the Lions turkey day game but decided he needed to finish making his delieveries instead. I thought he was crazy then to.
I also remember when a classmate died at Central, Al wanted to head up a collection for flowers and was told by the school he couldnt do that. Al stood up for what he believed in and collected the money anyways, even if it meant 3 days detention, and it did.
From what I remember, Al was always an outstanding guy, spoke up for things he always believed in and did what he thought was right, regardless of the consequences. I see that still stands true today.
Though his words do sound somewhat sharp and have somewhat of an edge, he speaks the truth. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear.
Relax a bit Al! Take time to smell the roses.
Keep up the good fight and keep telling the truth. An e-mail will be on the way later today.
Is your mother still cooking up that mean mexican food?
Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:48 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the kind words and e-mail Moe.
Sorry, its taken me a few days to respond, some of my distractors will be happy to know Ive been out for a couple days.
At the very least, I tore a muscle in my right calf playing basketball with my kids. Got an Orthro appointment tomorrow to see if its the achillies. I hope not. Out of work for a bit some people might have to get used to my "everyday" comments....OH LORD...say it isnt so!!
GO TIGERS!!

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:56 pm 

quote:
Dortpimp schreef:

Sure the city is going through some tumultous times, but what does race have to do with it? I wasn't aware that we were in the midst of a race war here? Its not a black vs. white thing, sorry to tell you. We've got people who care and people who don't, period. There's a lot of hard-working, honest people, with morals and values (of every race) in the city that you failed to consider. We're gonna bring this city back whatever it takes. Its folks like you who dwell on the negative who think that Flint is a lost cause.

What does race have to do with it? I was at the City Council meeting where the proposed truancy ordinance was discussed. A. C. Dumas called the ordinance a plot to give all black kids a police record so they could never get a decent job. Herb Cleaves has repeatedly said that Flint is a black city and should be run by blacks.
I'm white, and live in a black neighborhood. Thankfully, my neighbors are great, and don't think that way. Hopefully, the above 2 are the exception.

It's not about black & white, folks, it's about GREEN.
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

WE just all need to work together to get Flint turned around, stop the back stabbing and the constant attempts to tear people down.

quote:
gotogirl schreef:
Hi! I'm new and just started reading these and I want to share something. I agree with a lot of what everyone says but disagree with the mean attitudes which think just makes things worse. I live outside of Flint but work in Flint and stopped shopping anywhere in Flint because everytime I went out people rammed into you, shut doors on you, had dirty looks on their faces and I was so sad and frustred by the time I finished I could hardly stand it. I started going to Lapeer and the biggest thing I noticed is that everywhere I went I heard "excuse me", "thank you" and just basic manners and respect for others. It doesn't matter if you are a single parent, married, your income level, education level or anthing else. EVERYONE can teach their children manners and respect for others. Instead of feeling you can treat everyone how you want because they "owe" you, treat them how you would like them to treat you. Your children are watching and it carries over to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

testing
Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
testing

OH NO!!!! My little sistah!
Think Im opinionated....wait until you you light a fire under her ass!!! LOL
Happy birthday Vel!

Last edited by Al Garcia on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:19 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is she as Feisty as you?

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Not opinionated...my postings will be based on facts, research and the current state of the economy on Southeastern Michigan...

Flint is no anomaly. It's just another town who depended too much on an industry that was bound to change because the globalization of our economy and the need for greed by corporate America. Don't you you hear that sucking sound of our jobs being imported to China and India? Unfortunately, corporations and their leaders don't care about the people that it left behind in places like FLint, MI. Profit for its stakeholders is the bottom line. Whether it be through automation or outsourcing jobs to other countries (which will be increasing in the next five to ten years), profit over people is the mantra of this corporate driven government and its leaders. Flint received the brunt of this....hard.

I've lived in the city of Detroit and the metro Detroit suburbs for sometime. Yes, Detroit has gotten a bad rap for crime, segregation, lack of green space, etc.--but this has never compared to Flint (in fact when I say I'm from FLint, I get a lot of Detroiters say 'wow! youre still alive!"). I work downtown and the area and neighborhoods are booming with yuppy lofts, middle class housing, international restaurants, cultural attractions, and more and the experience is amazing. Where else in Michigan can you go for Cuban for lunch, take in a tigers game, have an arabic dinner feast and then head out to a broadway performance? The Detroit area's economy is fueled by much more than manufacturing, the industry on which Flint alone has depended. When an entire city depends on one industry to survive, and this industry globalizes and leaves, the poverty, mass migration, replace what once was a vibrant city. The cultural offerings and anything else Flint may have had to offer is not enough to sustain Flint. The city of Flint and it's residents need retraining and education, and leaders that will attract FLint as a place to conduct global business and tout its location to the metro Detroit skilled workforce as an attraction. Flint and its schools need to educate its children with a global perspective as the region and the nation need future business people that are prepared to business globally.

I have a lot more to say...and am appalled by the type of 'debate' that goes on with this website...amazing...Flint doesnt suck. It's economy does. Don't mistake that with the fine people who have chose to stick it out, stay behind and make a difference.

Also, please note that my last name does not imply agreement or endorsement of my older brother or his opinions herewithin. We're two different people with totally different life experiences...so please dont' expect the same type of postings.

Special shout out to Erica Leverette, my old homegirl from Walker Learning Center and the JBToolfist guy because TOOL F__KING ROCKS.

Last edited by MetroGirl on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

By the way....forget about teaching your kids Spanish. Prepare your children to think globally. Have them learn Mandarin, as I have my two children learning. As CHina prepares to be the center of the world's economy, which it will, the next generation must be ready for a world where the United States no longer dominates.

Also, why isnt my picture showing up?

Last edited by MetroGirl on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
By the way....forget about teaching your kids Spanish. Prepare your children to think globally. Have them learn Mandarin, as I have my two children learning. As CHina prepares to be the center of the world's economy, which it will, the next generation must be ready for a world where the United States no longer dominates.

Also, why isnt my picture showing up?

i dunno, I see it fine.

guess if you take on the guys who say "Flint sucks" it should make for an interesting family visit next time you see your brother, since he's prone to take that line.

I bet you can take him though. give him an extra noogie on the noggin for me.

as far as your previous post, I would just say this, corporate leaders do care about the effects of their decisions. Just they can't allow those feelings to over ride some of those larger decisions made, i nthe best interest of the company to remain a going concern. They indeed serve a number of constituencies, some of who have conflicting interests.

looking forward to your participation.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:52 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Welcome To Flint Talk, Who would of thought Al Garcia's Sister would be so good looking!!

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
Not opinionated...my postings will be based on facts, research and the current state of the economy on Southeastern Michigan...

Flint is no anomaly. It's just another town who depended too much on an industry that was bound to change because the globalization of our economy and the need for greed by corporate America. Don't you you hear that sucking sound of our jobs being imported to China and India? Unfortunately, corporations and their leaders don't care about the people that it left behind in places like FLint, MI. Profit for its stakeholders is the bottom line. Whether it be through automation or outsourcing jobs to other countries (which will be increasing in the next five to ten years), profit over people is the mantra of this corporate driven government and its leaders. Flint received the brunt of this....hard.

I've lived in the city of Detroit and the metro Detroit suburbs for sometime. Yes, Detroit has gotten a bad rap for crime, segregation, lack of green space, etc.--but this has never compared to Flint (in fact when I say I'm from FLint, I get a lot of Detroiters say 'wow! youre still alive!"). I work downtown and the area and neighborhoods are booming with yuppy lofts, middle class housing, international restaurants, cultural attractions, and more and the experience is amazing. Where else in Michigan can you go for Cuban for lunch, take in a tigers game, have an arabic dinner feast and then head out to a broadway performance? The Detroit area's economy is fueled by much more than manufacturing, the industry on which Flint alone has depended. When an entire city depends on one industry to survive, and this industry globalizes and leaves, the poverty, mass migration, replace what once was a vibrant city. The cultural offerings and anything else Flint may have had to offer is not enough to sustain Flint. The city of Flint and it's residents need retraining and education, and leaders that will attract FLint as a place to conduct global business and tout its location to the metro Detroit skilled workforce as an attraction. Flint and its schools need to educate its children with a global perspective as the region and the nation need future business people that are prepared to business globally.

I have a lot more to say...and am appalled by the type of 'debate' that goes on with this website...amazing...Flint doesnt suck. It's economy does. Don't mistake that with the fine people who have chose to stick it out, stay behind and make a difference.

Also, please note that my last name does not imply agreement or endorsement of my older brother or his opinions herewithin. We're two different people with totally different life experiences...so please dont' expect the same type of postings.

Special shout out to Erica Leverette, my old homegirl from Walker Learning Center and the JBToolfist guy because TOOL F__KING ROCKS.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:21 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: