FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Congratulations Governor Granholm! (housing)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

And with those hands, some used a pen to bury the company in a sea of red ink and bad decisions (management), while others (the workers) toiled mercilessly and endlessly building cars like the LaSabre, which was #1 in quality, and #2,344,567 in sales.

Thanks GM marketing! You're just the best!
Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:54 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
And with those hands, some used a pen to bury the company in a sea of red ink and bad decisions (management), while others (the workers) toiled mercilessly and endlessly building cars like the LaSabre, which was #1 in quality, and #2,344,567 in sales.

Thanks GM marketing! You're just the best!

oh cripes....

both groups of people were responsible.

Spare me the virtous and tireless worker crap, I worked on the assembly line as a member of the UAW...
and yes I spent time on the 14th Floor of the GM Building as well, one on one with the higest officers of the corporation. I've seen the highest and mightiest of them asleep during meetings.......

and I've seen moronic UAW officials who couldn't sign their names on a form drunk during their shifts.

THEY ALL KILLED COL. MUSTARD IN THE LIBRARY WITH THE CANDLEABRA

get a CLUE.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:26 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

You went from the assembly line in Flint to the 14th floor of GM headquarters?

Scans of your badges and/or business cards... or it didn't happen.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:50 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
You went from the assembly line in Flint to the 14th floor of GM headquarters?

Scans of your badges and/or business cards... or it didn't happen.

whatever Roscoe, I can't control what you think or believe. And actually its not important to me what you believe.

and no way am I revealing my identity [I'm still employed at GM for gosh sakes]. Keep in mind I was never a mover or shaker, just someone that on a regular basis used to brief one on one various execs and present certain information to the various committees of executives that made corporate decisions like Howard Kehrl, Roger Smith, F. James McDonald, F. Alan Smith, Lloyd Reuss, Bob Stempel, Alex Cunningham, Elmer Johnson, etc etc. Some of them are very fine men indeed, some I wouldn't waste the powder to blow to hell.

but its true.

I was a member UAW local 22, out of the old [now gone] Cadillac Plant down on Michigan Avenue. I worked on the line there. We had two assembly lines...made those big old Cadillacs [the bodies were made by Fisher Body Fort Street Plant about 2 miles away and trucked to us]

I was just thinking of an interesting story from my time at the GM building...
[someone with an avatar of the only black sit-downer would have been proud of this case of counter-insurgency].

The story.

At one point, our staff's VP, a miserable excuse of a human being, I won't dignify by identity, was leaving the staff, a promotion to an even higher position within the company [keep in mind folks, VPs at GM are like oranges in Florida, we got a million of them].

So a notice was posted at all the coffee stations amongst the staff offices [we were spread across many floors of the GM building]. Something to the effect ...of Mr Big AHOLE's departure party is set for the Hotel St Regis [a place across the street] at certain time and place...anyway the attendance cost was astronomically high...but if you couldn't attend they suggested a slightly lower price for donating to the gift [what the hell were they buying? a villa in southern France?]. Anyway, I wasn't planning on attending or donating. But come on, the guy should have been paying us to attend his I gotta promotion party.

So the next day, another note mysteriously appeared next to the going away party announcement. It purported to be an explanation from management, something to the effect of:

It has been reported that many of the staff have reacted in shock and dismay to the cost of Mr Big AHOLEs going away party. Let us remind you that Mr Big AHole IS a very highly compensated, highly paid executive for THE largest [it was true at the time] most powerful and richest Corporation in the world. As such, Mr Big Ahole has developed highly sophisticated, and extravagent tastes that you peons could never even imagine in your wildest dreams. Thus, the cost to attend Mr Big Ahole's party and bask in his presence requires this tariff, and frankly we feel it would be a bargain at twice the cost merely to breath the same air as VP Mr Big Ahole and perhaps be so lucky as to kiss his ring [or his ass...last chance, all you Executive Directors].

However, please note there is a less expensive alternative of just donating towards the gift [still a considerable amount] which we highly recommend. Besides, Mr Big Ahole never was comfortable when too many of you peons are around, so why don't you do the honorable thing and just donate to the festivities and have the good courtesy NOT to show up.

In the event the cost is more than some of you can readily accommodate, we have made special arrangements with GMAC to provide secured personal loans for ticket purchases, please see the GMAC office in the lobby ......

anyway, as you can imagine, an investigation was launched to determine the source of the rogue notice....but nothing ever was conclusively determined...just loud proclamations of how inappropriate it was for a highly educated, professional staff to countenance such behavior. Whatever.

We worked hard we drank hard and we played hard.

heh heh heh....

have a good day.

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:24 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: