FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Buchanan avoids recall; medical marijuana passes

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint residents spent their day casting their ballots on two separate issues. On the ballot for First Ward residents was a recall election targeting their councilman, Darryl Buchanan.

But for voters across the city, there was also the question of whether they want to legalize medical marijuana in Flint.

In the Buchanan recall, voters elected to keep Buchanan, with 685 people voting no and 356 voting yes.

The medicinal marijuana vote passed, with 1,777 voting yes and 1,101 voting no.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=5075924

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Flint residents spent their day casting their ballots on two separate issues. On the ballot for First Ward residents was a recall election targeting their councilman, Darryl Buchanan.

But for voters across the city, there was also the question of whether they want to legalize medical marijuana in Flint.

In the Buchanan recall, voters elected to keep Buchanan, with 685 people voting no and 356 voting yes.

will "Reefer Madness" come to Flint? nawwww, state and federal law trumps local ordnances

well Big Buch survived, only because Eric Mayes voted 54 times..if he had the time and disguises to do another 550-600 votes [kinda like an Eddie Murphy movie] he would have prevailed.

say it ain't so Joe.......

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:53 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Becareful who you oppose and how, you just might make them stronger.

Council President Buchanan has earned his current council seat twice.

Judge Marble won his election while being attacked on all sides.

Both were attacked aggressively, personally and won.

The community on several occasions has given them position. Because of the fight they both have endured and community support ,they both now have greater status as leaders.

Becareful who you oppose and how ,you just might make them stronger.

The community has clearly stated in these elections it is weary of big mouth negative politics. Lets talk about issues!

And the beat goes on...
Terry Bankert
2/28/07
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Once again the minority has spoken! Less than 3% of those eligible to vote cast a ballot on the marijuana issue. Don't tell the pot heads it's still illegal!!!
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:05 am 

I agree with TB. Negative politics doesn't play well at the present time. Buchanan survived because in the eyes of the public he has served them well whether it is helping to clean neighborhoods or returning constituent phone calls. People are sick and tired of all negative all the time. I just wish Eric Mays would see the light and do something positive. Eric is an intelligent person, but he is also a very angry person. I hope he will realize that people don't like what he has to say too often. Maybe he can help change this city for the better instead of hindering progress.
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:58 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Amen guest!

Ain't no way this city can succeed unless we have leadership in place that moves us in a positive/productive direction. Enough of the divisiveness!

It's going to take talented individuals to turn this thing around. I hope they're out there and willing to step up to the plate.

Any Tool fans out there? "Something has to change, Undeniable dilemma"
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: