FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Probably the smartest thing I've heard yet!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I wanted to Quote Sheriff Pickel, However now that story is no longer available. I read it at work today on Channel 12. Sheriff Pickel was quoted as saying that most of the crime in Flint revolves around drugs. I wanted to quote him because it was the smartest thing I've heard a city leader say i the last three years. He was right on the money! It was the story that had a picture of him sitting at his desk with the money in front of him. I believe he was holding up a bundle of cash.

Channel 12 finally puts out some SOUND and SOLID reporting and the story is removed! I don't get it? I wouldn't have thought they'd remove the story. It's the best short interview I've seen them do. Pickel was right on top of the problem and what the solution is.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Alex

I heard him say the same thing this afternoon on 1570 with Roman during an interview.
I thought the same thing. Its about time someone told the truth about drugs and how it is tearing our communities apart.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:27 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

YES EXACTLY! I wonder why TV 12 took it off the website? I wanted to use those quotes. The best and smartest i've heard from any leader when it deals with crime in Flint!
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Anybody who doesn't realize that almost all of Flint's crime is directly related to drugs has been living in a cave. Prostitution, robberies, larcenies, car thefts, the list goes on. The crooks are all trying to get money to support their drug habit.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:49 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Here's the story...without your quote.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=5030803

I've called Fox 66 before and they were very helpful about creating
an MPEG file of the news clip I wanted (for a very small fee). I've
not had as much luck with Channel 12, but they can do it if you can
find someone who will bother with it.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I wanted to Quote Sheriff Pickel, However now that story is no longer available. I read it at work today on Channel 12. Sheriff Pickel was quoted as saying that most of the crime in Flint revolves around drugs. I wanted to quote him because it was the smartest thing I've heard a city leader say i the last three years. He was right on the money! It was the story that had a picture of him sitting at his desk with the money in front of him. I believe he was holding up a bundle of cash.

Channel 12 finally puts out some SOUND and SOLID reporting and the story is removed! I don't get it? I wouldn't have thought they'd remove the story. It's the best short interview I've seen them do. Pickel was right on top of the problem and what the solution is.

Your right Ted, its the biggest contributor to crime in Flint. Although why are we downsizing FANG??

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

Your right Ted, its the biggest contributor to crime in Flint. Although why are we downsizing FANG??

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Stohl N. Stuffe

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Anybody who doesn't realize that almost all of Flint's crime is directly related to drugs has been living in a cave. Prostitution, robberies, larcenies, car thefts, the list goes on. The crooks are all trying to get money to support their drug habit.

Except the crooks who are trying to get money for other stuff - to be a good consumer, to pay child support, to soothe a nagging spouse or partner, to buy booze, to pay for heat, to suppliment a low-paying job... the list can go on and on!

Or, they are committing crimes because they are socialpaths, or psychopaths, or because they grew up around neighbors who spied, but did not involve themselves, or because they are not muslim, or because they went to public school.

In fact - public school may be the root of most of our problems. The chances are that if someone has done something wrong (or badly) that they went to public school. If someone is so stupid that they can't even spell - where did they go to school? Public school.

Really... it makes sense... we should first ask a person if they went to public school. If the answer is yes, then they are probably a stupid, drug addicted crook who drunkenly beats his spouse or his "baby mama" and neglects to pay child support.

Remember, find out if a person went to public school. Then immediately start a criminal investigation. Examine their past tax records. Watch them closely - they are probably up to something. Don't forget to take their children away from them. Certainly, you will want to pass them over when considering hiring or promotions.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:23 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Stohl N. Stuffe schreef:
quote:
Bossman schreef:

Except the crooks who are trying to get money for other stuff - to be a good consumer, to pay child support, to soothe a nagging spouse or partner, to buy booze, to pay for heat, to suppliment a low-paying job... the list can go on and on!

Or, they are committing crimes because they are socialpaths, or psychopaths, or because they grew up around neighbors who spied, but did not involve themselves, or because they are not muslim, or because they went to public school.

In fact - public school may be the root of most of our problems. The chances are that if someone has done something wrong (or badly) that they went to public school. If someone is so stupid that they can't even spell - where did they go to school? Public school.

Really... it makes sense... we should first ask a person if they went to public school. If the answer is yes, then they are probably a stupid, drug addicted crook who drunkenly beats his spouse or his "baby mama" and neglects to pay child support.

Remember, find out if a person went to public school. Then immediately start a criminal investigation. Examine their past tax records. Watch them closely - they are probably up to something. Don't forget to take their children away from them. Certainly, you will want to pass them over when considering hiring or promotions.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I went to public schools...and I don't take things that don't belong to me. Or drugs. I also think it might follow that if, oh, say 98% of us went to public schools, then probably 98% of the good people went to public school and just maybe 98% of the bad ones went to public schools as well.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:55 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I went to public school, too. Aren't there only two private schools in the area? Not counting homeschooled children, that is. That would mean that Stohl N. Stuffe basically distrusts everyone. Which might be a good policy for some people...

The only connection between crime, drugs, and public school I can see is maybe if the school does not offer extracurricular programs or other such opportunites to keep busy and focused, kids are more likely to find other ways to keep themselves from being bored, like drugs, petty theft, whatever.

But most schools offer some kind of after school activities, and if not, there are public or non-profit programs for kids that are available. I think that whether or not a child is involved in an after school or extracurricular program or club depends on the parents.

But that is only IF you agree that public schools have anything to do with drugs and crime.

Sorry. That was a little rambly.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:36 pm 
KW
F L I N T O I D

Hey Stuffe,

I realize that I am only a product of public schools, but from my lowly point of view, there are several misspelled words in your comments. There are also precious few complete sentences.

The Grammar Nazi
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:17 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
KW schreef:
Hey Stuffe,

I realize that I am only a product of public schools, but from my lowly point of view, there are several misspelled words in your comments. There are also precious few complete sentences.

The Grammar Nazi

A Grammar Nazi? SWEET!!!

I had a 4th grade teacher (at Homedale) that said "I'll give you a nickel for every spelling error of mine that you find." I made some money that year, but it also made me totally anal about spelling/grammar ever since. I thought I was the only one that still cared about that stuff!!!
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK Here it is. They sent me a link today!

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=5029873

quote:

Drug bust is largest ever in FlintMillions seized in drugs and money
By Dawn Jones
FLINT (WJRT) - (02/13/07)-- A weekend drug bust is being called the biggest drug and cash seizure in Genesee County history.

Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell showed off the seized drugs and money this morning.

The Sheriff Department Drug Posse recovered 10 kilograms of cocaine and more than a half million dollars in cash during Saturday night's seizure.

Pickell says the Drug Posse set up surveillance of a house on Flint's Sloan street last Friday.

The sheriff says one of the suspects left the house nearly 24 hours later. Flint police were called in to make a traffic stop, but the man in the car refused and led police on a chase through the city.

According to Pickell, the suspect begin throwing cocaine out of the window during the pursuit. It ended when he jumped out of his car and ran to a house on Page Street.

This bust and seizure may have international implications. The second suspect in the case is a non - U.S. citizen who is identified as a Mexican National from California.

Sheriff Pickell says until we get handle on drug trafficking in the county, crime will continue to rise.

"Make no mistake about it, the drug problem drives the crime problem. I've been saying that for a long time now," Pickell told reporters this morning.

"If you could take all these drugs away, if God would come down and take all of our drugs away, you would not have nearly the violence and crime that we have throughout Flint and Genesee County. This is it. This is the problem."

The two people arrested in the case remain in the Genesee County Jail and are expected to appear in federal court tomorrow.

The cocaine is said to have a street value of $2 million.

You can see the ABC12 report by clicking on the video icon above. You will need Windows Media Player to view this video. You can get it FREE by clicking here. NOTE: Video clips will only be available for 7-days from the date they were created. ALSO: Video clips may play in a separate window, without audio, on Mac OS X machines. abc12.com is aware of this issue and is working with the video player vendor to correct it as soon as possible.Copyright 2007 ABC Inc., WJRT-TV Inc.

"Sheriff Pickell says until we get handle on drug trafficking in the county, crime will continue to rise.

"Make no mistake about it, the drug problem drives the crime problem. I've been saying that for a long time now," Pickell told reporters this morning.

"If you could take all these drugs away, if God would come down and take all of our drugs away, you would not have nearly the violence and crime that we have throughout Flint and Genesee County. This is it. This is the problem.""

This man in a genius! Why is it everybody is ignoring him! He is right on the money! Flint should have doubled its efforts in fighting drugs. Opened the jail and focused on drug houses. Not open a impound lot and focus on impounding JOHN's cars!
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:21 pm 
Another Guest

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

Sheriff Pickell says: "... if God would come down and take all of our drugs away, you would not have nearly the violence and crime that we have throughout Flint and Genesee County..."

I’m not expecting God to take action soon but the same think could be accomplished by ending the drug war and decriminalizing drug possession.
Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:08 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Another Guest schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

Sheriff Pickell says: "... if God would come down and take all of our drugs away, you would not have nearly the violence and crime that we have throughout Flint and Genesee County..."

I’m not expecting God to take action soon but the same think could be accomplished by ending the drug war and decriminalizing drug possession.

You're absolutely right...and if we decriminalized everything we wouldn't have to spend all that money on prisons.
Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: