FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sugar maple Farms lawsuits
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Guest schreef:
quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
There is nothing owed on the property by the current developer to the COF. When Riley bought the property from the bankruptcy court it was fr-- and clear of any liens. The purchase price was put into escrow by the court. All the COF had to do to recover some of that money was put a claim into the court.
You're contradicting yourself. If the property was fr-- and clear of liens the City of Flint would not have to "recover some of that money." What money? As I understand it, taxes are a priority in any bankruptcy action, i.e., they get paid first.

So the question is what money is owed to the City of Flint and when did the obligation arise. If as you say the property was fr-- and clear of any liens when Riley bought it, then debts owing on it after his purchase would be his obligation. Can't have it both ways.

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
The Attorney's office never did. It was Riley's attorney that put the claim in for the COF so that they could be paid their share of the money in escrow. The City has been the first lien holder on that property all along... and they have continually failed to act. Even when I was on Council we were asking why the attorney's office was not acting to forclose on the property... they never did and eventually lost out when in was purchased from the bankruptcy court.
Again, you're contradicting yourself. If the property was fr-- and clear of any lien there would be no reason to file a claim in the bankruptcy court.

No I'm not contradicting myself... there are no taxes owed on the property... the City of Flint was the mortgage holder on the property.. They sold the property to Mary Rolfe and were never paid for it... this has nothing to do with taxes... So there was a reason to file a claim, against what we were owed for the mortgage.
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Ok So what part of that bother's you and how does it bother you?

Somebody needs to investigate this! We can't get the County to, or the State. And the court has proven itself to not want to get involved and wants the council and the Mayor to play nice and work it out!
If Marvin Riley is being represented by an attorney in pending Sugar Maple Farms litigation, any necessary investigation should be handled through his attorney and the litigation discovery process. Flint City Council shouldn't allow itself to be manipulated into foolish waste of taxpayer dollars duplicating that which should be discovered during the course of pending litigation, or undertaking an investigation that the County and State won't even get involved in! What reasons did the County and State give for not getting involved?

If the Mayor is committing criminal acts by denying the building permits (which many believe he is). And the Mayor's office is working together (Ie, Bill Ayers, Joe Conroy, Ms. Young, An the DON) to cover up the crimes who then should investigate? As I mentioned before. The court doesn't seem to want to stand up for the Law, the county prosecutor and Sheriff have been used in Campaign ads for the Mayor and his wife. Who then should we trust?

Considering the Council has proven itself to attempt to make most decisions based on the information provided. (which btw hasn't always been accurate from the Mayor's office). Who would be best suited to do the investigation?
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Judge Neithercut issued a gag order to stop the Flint City Council from airing Riley's secretly recorded tape recordings of Mayor Don Williamson talking about the failed Sugar Maple Farms development. Order expires March 12, City Council has rescheduled hearing for 5:30 p.m. March 22.

Source: News Now. Full story in Friday's Flint Journal.
Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:45 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: