FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

My good friend Mr. dale weighill is running for Mayor and im behind this man 100 percent. He has the experience and cares for this city. ive talked with him extensively and I think he wants to bring us all togther to move Flint forward. Visit his web site www.anewflint.org . There is also a town hall meeting at good beans cafe this wed the 24th at 5 oclock.... everyone is welcome to come and talk with him.
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:55 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Im also behind Dale 100 percent...everyone give him a closer look. this man is honest and cares so much for Flint , but he can only do it if we all pull behind him. Come to Good Beans this Wednesday and see.. I urge you guys to ask questions.

Dale is focused on the following agenda:

• Offering Hope to Young People in Flint
• Promoting Honest, Ethical Government
• Encouraging Citizen Involvement
• Fighting Crime
• Developing Jobs and the Economy
• Ensuring Civil Rights and Diversity
• Revitalizing Downtown
• Renewing our Neighborhoods
• Governing Responsibly

Dale believes that with the right leadership, we can build a new Flint. He asks for your participation in a crusade to take Flint in a new direction, a crusade that will result in the rebirth and renewal of one of America’s greatest cities.
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 pm 
L.Dunn

I think that having a choice of candidates is a good thing. I hope this is a fair and clean race. Maybe that too pollyanna of me , but one can hope.
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:26 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mark thompson schreef:
Im also behind Dale 100 percent...everyone give him a closer look. this man is honest and cares so much for Flint , but he can only do it if we all pull behind him. Come to Good Beans this Wednesday and see.. I urge you guys to ask questions.

Dale is focused on the following agenda:

• Offering Hope to Young People in Flint
• Promoting Honest, Ethical Government
• Encouraging Citizen Involvement
• Fighting Crime
• Developing Jobs and the Economy
• Ensuring Civil Rights and Diversity
• Revitalizing Downtown
• Renewing our Neighborhoods
• Governing Responsibly

Dale believes that with the right leadership, we can build a new Flint. He asks for your participation in a crusade to take Flint in a new direction, a crusade that will result in the rebirth and renewal of one of America’s greatest cities.

I believe most of the serious candidates ALL share the desire to do right by the city.

They may all be more or less honest people as well [though our perspective on what honesty is in politics may vary].

BUT.

The real deciding factor that will separate the the real contenders from the pretenders is

ABILITY.....

do they have the ingredients to do the job [and convince us of the same]

so what are the criteria for a successful mayor of Flint, given the current situation?

what is the list of abilities necessary to succeed that will resonate with you?

Leadership style?, ability to attract good people to work in the administration? just making the right decisions at the right time? real lfe experience in business? politics? leadership? all or some of those......

what, in your eyes will the next candidate have to possess?

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:00 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:08 am 
Bryan

By polished, I know you mean professional and prepared.

Dale spends a lot of time thinking of ways to make Flint a better place to live. He is a smart guy, a kind and likable guy! He is ready to meet the challenges, and he will have well thought out answers to your questions. He is genuine and sincere- not a shiny facade.
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:51 am 
todd

YES!!!!....Larry ( laundry room guys) you hit the nail on the head. This guy came to my door to have me sign his petition , which i did gladly. hes totally approachable and he stayed and talked to me and answered my questions with acutal answers!!!!! I was impressed. this guy is for the people.
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:13 pm 
campmngr

Hey if anyone is impressed with Dale and lives in the city of Flint and wants to either sign or help even circulate petitions call the campaign line at 810-232-3967... thanks!!!!
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm 
james

Is this Dale guy going to do more than just pave roads hopefully??? how can I meet him?
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:59 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Of course he will! You can meet him tomorrow night @ 5pm @ Good Beans.
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Brian

thanks , Ill be sure to be there at good beans tonight at 5 then.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 am 
Mhalexa
F L I N T O I D

Sorry I missed it. I too support Dale for Mayor
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:03 pm 
thomas

I too support Dale for mayor , sorry i missed the Town hall meeting.
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:42 pm 
thomas

Is there going to be another Town hall meeting anytime soon??
Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:03 pm 
mark

You guys have to go to this link and read this speach dale gave to the youth on leadership day in flint... especially the last two paragraphs. trust me!! very awesome.

http://www.anewflint.org/blog/blogDetail.asp?ID=8
Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:14 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: