FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Education issues workshop, can you help?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

FLINT BOARD
of
EDUCATION
ISSUES
WORKSHOP

BRING YOUR CONCERNS and IDEAS-

FEBRUARY 10, 2007 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
F A C I L I T A T O R

Terry R. Bankert
Former City Clerk - Ombudsman - Attorney

David McGhee Moderator
Big Brothers Big Sisters

Keith Flynn -Welcome
President-Genesee County Young Democrats

S P E A K E R S

Paul Rozycki
Mott Comunity College

Daivd Grant Jr.
Attorney - Beecher School Board

Jack Minore
Former State Representative - City Councilman - Teacher

James Richardson
Great Schools Initative

L O C A T I O N

Waiils east
Restaurant
1341 S. Center Rd.
Burton MI

R E G I S T E R

Call - Terry R. Bankert’s office 235.1970
E-mail - attorneybankert@yahoo.com

Last edited by terrybankert on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

This should be a great opportunity for future school board candidates and for the general public to learn about the complex issue of school funding.

Many people ask...Where are the lottery funds? Come and find out.

What is Proposal A? How does this school funding not address building improvements?

What is a sinking fund? Voters think this is a poor term.

How would you like to balance your budget on estimated funds(per pupil enrollment) in June for the possible enrollment in September? Estimated per pupil funding pro-rated in January/February. Read the... State School Aid fund is less than estimated per pupil. Subtract x- amount the state promised multiplied by every pupil in your district.

Then remember to subtract the amount of funding for students you expected to enroll that did not - 7400 per?

Factor in your heating bill depending on the weather ..multiplied by the rising cost of fuel per building. The cost of transportation. The rising cost of health and pension plans.

Variables.

Then you can look at funding for Academics, Sports...programs.
This is only what I understand schools have to deal with about funding.

Looking forward to presenters...on How to Civily Advocate. How Schools are Run. What to do when Schools have Declining Funds and Students?

Would like to also hear "What is the role of a School Board member?" What type of questions will the Journal editorial board ask in Board Candidate interviews?

Above all...How to educate (enlighten) voters and get them to the polls for a School Board election!
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:04 am 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

The Educational workshop will be 2/10/07 from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm.

The location has been changed.

It is now to be held at 10:00 am this Saturday at Wally's East on Center Road -- upstairs
I look forward to seeing you there.
to make your reservations email
Terry Bankert at
attorneybankert@yahoo.com

or call 235-1970
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

ANNOUNCEMENT
Educational Issues Workshop -CHANGE IN LOCATION

Date: Saturday Feb 10 2007 10:30-2:30 pm.
Wallis East on Center Rd.,Burton MI
You must register to get a packet.
Register by email
Attorneybankert@yahoo.com
or call 235-1970
This event is free....
The registration cut off is Friday 2/9/07

The community is invited to attend a workshop on educational issues that affect the Flint Board of Education.

This grassroots effort is Co-Hosted by Jack Minore, Paul Rozycki, David Grant Jr.,James Richardson, and Keith Flynn.

David McGhee will moderate the workshop.

This event is facilitated by Terry Bankert.

We must Reclaim our City and build a new Flint future. We cannot do this without a City Government and Public School system that has a reputation for being effective. The elected officials need the support of citizens as they chart new directions to become more effective.

One way to accomplish increased public support is by educating the citizens about the hard issues facing each unit of government. This will better equip the public to participate in policy debate.

We begin with school issues because the next election is for 5 seats on the Flint Board of Education.

After this workshop citizens will better understand the basis of budget and service delivery decisions by the Flint Board of Education.

Our hope is that this workshop will better equip Flint Citizens to ask tougher questions during the process of deciding who to vote for in The Spring School elections.

This event is free and open to the public. You only need to make reservations if you want an information packet. Make your reservation by calling 235-1970 or emailing attorneybankert@yahoo.com.

Date: Saturday Feb 10 2007 10:30-2:30 pm.
Wallis East on Center Rd.,Burton MI
You must register to get a packet.
Register by email
Attorneybankert@yahoo.com
or call 235-1970
This event is free....
The registration cut off is 5 pm Friday 2/09/07

Thank You,

Terry R. Bankert
http://attorneybankert.com/

PS. My heart felt thanks to those who have registered and the co hosts and moderator. Please inform others of the change in location.-trb

“ If you want to be seen show up and stand up. If you want to be heard speak up. Don’t wait to follow just lead.”

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=terrybankert

-
Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:27 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: