FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Five seats opening on Flint School Board

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Know anyone qualified to be on the Flint School Board. Five seats will be open, petitions are available Thursday at City Hall. Deadline to file, 4 p.m. Feb. 13. Election May 8.

More detail in Flint Journal:
http://www.mlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news-41/1168446039104150.xml&coll=5
Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:07 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

We need some good candidates to run this time!!!

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

What about Rapuzel for School board?

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Hmmm...think, think, think.

Likely an 18 million deficit with only 6 million in undesignated fund balance.

How to balance? Anyone stepping into that position would quickly be losing friends and making enemies.

Thankless unpaid job?

Don't know if I have the experience, qualifications, background.... need to make the HARD cuts this administration has cost us.

Chow worked to make lasting cuts, contract negotations that could have left us money for programs for children. All that and more was quickly undone by this current admin.

Do I care if I make enemies, lose friends? NO
Do I think there are people more qualified to fill these five seats. Yes

The future of 16,000 + children relies on someone, some people with a financial or educational background. I am not qualified. I have past experience of watching the former board and former admin.

Almost willing to throw in my hat, just until I am assured that some people more qualified will step UP!

Have to work to pay expenses, support my child prior to focusing on the many. if I were retired...

The board sets policy watches the budget ...this is not being done. Well, by a few but not majority.

Think, think, think....
Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:24 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Who is the guest?
Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Who is the guest?

"NO IDEA!!

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:11 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:
Who is the guest?

"NO IDEA!!

Duh?

does she have to end all her posts with "Peace"?

She's just flying below the radar so to not prompt the spoofer.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:42 am 

Great minds think alike! Rolling Eyes

Flint schools lost 1200 students 06-07 year -they had estimated 700 to 900 as was said at tonights finance sub-committee. Verbal report from Plante & Moran. 1200 student loss - 8.5 million Expenditure of 5 million. Some at risk funds can cover one time event.

Estimated 3.5 to 4 million decrease in pro-ration. Read state promised + $210 (election year) and then decreased by 40% then 60 % to over 100% = -218. In projected school aid - per pupil funding.

Now a good CFO like Robert Allen would have known-taken in to account a low estimate of pro-rated state funding. He tried to base the budget KNOWING these cuts -as always- will come. Do you wonder why he resigned?

6 million in student loss- revenue projected. 4 to 5 million annual.

In english...we need to cut 8-9 million from THIS years budget, yesterday!
Cuts to non-payroll then payroll.

David Comsa stated 60 day notice(for staff) and 90 day notice(for administration) employees may be waved due to financial difficultee.

Usually pink slips are given and then some employees are called back.

No notice just see ya!

Great morale Booster!
Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: