FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: NEW WEB SITE

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

www.SAVEMANNINGCOURT.com

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

This is almost a petition! focus almost

Would like minutes or a summary from the Jan. 4th Flint Historical meeting?

Report from two commission members appointed to tour FIM and was to ask for long term plans of facilities?
Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:31 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anonymous schreef:

Report from two commission members appointed to tour FIM and was to ask for long term plans of facilities?

Although since there is a legal Proceedings taking place, I will have to limit all I report back to you unfortunately. Basically anything that was talked about during the "Open Meeting and not Executive Session I can discuss. The members that toured the FIM and Manning court were Commissioner James Rutherford and Commissioner Nancy Sinclair. They reported to us at our last meeting with a awesome power point presentation of the doors at FIM. traffic flow and parking issues. They pointed out doors that aren't being used, and questioned why they aren't being used. They also showed traffic flow, and where the kids are dropped off. They showed other areas where parking could be put.

One of the biggest things I think they reported during the power point presentation is the fact the parking lot will not be in the line of sight to the main door they are proposing using. Which was one of the biggest reasons they want to tear down manning court properties. If your at the door looking towards their "proposed parking lot" you can't see it, all you can see is Mrs. Hausers House ( the last privately owned home on the street)

The meeting minutes are public record and so it the power point presentation. I encourage others to come to our meetings, get involved in the Preservation of our local History.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
quote:
Anonymous schreef:

Although since there is a legal Proceedings taking place, I will have to limit all I report back to you unfortunately. Basically anything that was talked about during the "Open Meeting and not Executive Session I can discuss. The members that toured the FIM and Manning court were Commissioner James Rutherford and Commissioner Nancy Sinclair. They reported to us at our last meeting with a awesome power point presentation of the doors at FIM. traffic flow and parking issues. They pointed out doors that aren't being used, and questioned why they aren't being used. They also showed traffic flow, and where the kids are dropped off. They showed other areas where parking could be put.

One of the biggest things I think they reported during the power point presentation is the fact the parking lot will not be in the line of sight to the main door they are proposing using. Which was one of the biggest reasons they want to tear down manning court properties. If your at the door looking towards their "proposed parking lot" you can't see it, all you can see is Mrs. Hausers House ( the last privately owned home on the street)

The meeting minutes are public record and so it the power point presentation. I encourage others to come to our meetings, get involved in the Preservation of our local History.

So Ryan, it begs the question, once Mr Rutherford & Ms Sinclair presented their report, WHAT was the response of the commission?

Did any of the members, seeing that the destruction of the buildings would not provide what the FIM claimed they needed, change their perspectives?

IMO, the parking lot for drop-off is a red herring all along. IMO, [total speculation, but with reason] the CC decided the cost of "owning" these treasures was more than they wanted to contend with [both $ and manpower]. BUT. they didn't want to lose control of the property these buildings were on, soooo...lets knock them down. But then what? how do we get that duck to fly...why lets make it about safety for our precious clients...the kids...whos more vulnerable than kids. yeah thats the ticket, lets say we need a parking lot [cheap to maintain and we control the land] for kids to be dropped off at so they can have safe entry/egress. people will buy that, won't they? Sure, only as you are showing, knocking the buildings down don't provide that at all. RED HERRING.

But didn't gentleman Jim rush in and vote for the demolition? Has he changed his mind?

Frankly the CC ought to be told, keep the court, you have to MAINTAIN the structures. DOn't want them? Then give them up, and that means ALL rights.

so what was the response to the questions/fact finding info?

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:03 am 

Thank You Mr Eashoo,

Can't attend all meetings! Appreciate your sharing open information.
Try as we might can't quite be two places at one time.

Personally, I think Rutherford can be swayed from the dark side!

Next FHDC meeting is FEB 1st correct? Will have to try to ditch alternate meeting on same day! Murphy's law.
Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:32 am 
Chad McFly
F L I N T O I D

IT'S NOT OVER- MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!!

I talked to Dallas C. Dort (J. Dallas Dort's grandson) on Jan 9th. He is pushing FOR the demolition... amazing but true! Others should call him and voice there opinion (734)913-2938

SaveManningCourt@aol.com

City of Flint Historic District Commision
Ryan M. Eashoo, Chairman
P.O. Box 200
Flint, Mich 48502
RyanEashoo@aol.com

Genesee County Historical Society
Attention: David White, President
316 Water Street
Flint, MI 48503

The Flint Cultural Center Corporation
1198 Longway Blvd.
Flint, MI 48503
Phone: (810) 237-7333 or 1(888)8CENTER
Fax: (810) 237-7335
Cindy Ornstein, CEO

Flint Institute of Music
1025 E. Kearsley Street
Flint, MI 48503
Phone: (810) 238-1350
Fax: (810) 238-6385
fim@TheFIM.com

Paul Torre
FIM President
ptorre@thefim.org

The Flint Journal
By email: letters@flintjournal.com
By fax: (810) 767-7403
By Mail: The Flint Journal, Your Views
200 E. First Street
Flint, MI 48502-1925

The East Village Magazine
Village Information Center
720 E. Second St. Flint, Mich. 48503
Phone: (810) 233-7459
Fax (810) 233-8684
Email: eastvillagemagazine@excite.com
Web Site: www.eastvillagemagazine.org
Editor: Gary P. Custer
Managing Editor: Gregory J. Vanucci

Dallas C. Dort
306 S Main St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2112
(734) 913-2938
(J. Dallas Dort's grandson- pushing FOR the demolition... amazing but true!)
Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:27 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
But didn't gentleman Jim rush in and vote for the demolition? Has he changed his mind?

Yes, Jim was very very late to the meeting, and arrived approx: 5 minutes before the vote, missing a ton of public comments. He also missed Jack Minore's presentation on alternatives. ( Jack actutally hads maps he made, and diagrams to show they don't need more parking)

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:37 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

Yes, Jim was very very late to the meeting, and arrived approx: 5 minutes before the vote, missing a ton of public comments. He also missed Jack Minore's presentation on alternatives. ( Jack actutally hads maps he made, and diagrams to show they don't need more parking)

Ryan,
Please look closely at my other questions, the answers to which, are more important than what Jim Rutherford did & why [why would he vote not hearing all the discussion/points/facts..very careless IMO].

What was the commission's take on the new research? Is the majority still in favor of demolition now that the red herring [false premise] has been exposed?

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:43 am 

I'm not a big fan of tearing down historic structures either. But with all the uproar, can somebody please tell me who is expected to pay for the restoration/maintenance of the homes? I live in an old historic home, and let me tell you, it ain't cheap!
Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:33 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: