FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:06 am 
ag hedberg

huh
Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:03 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

I just watched the above video and would have to say I am impressed. Finally someone who answers questions with real answers and not more questions! Well done
Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 pm 
Robin Willis

I usually don't vote for da white man, but this man knows what he is talking about.
Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:05 pm 
Josh

I fully support this guy, very good character
Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:52 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh schreef:
I fully support this guy, very good character

lol, i think we have enough "characters" running.

All we need is someone dressed like a peg-leg pirate with a parrott on his shoulder saying "ARRGGGHHHH vote for me matey for capatain of the good ship Flint" arrrghhh.

What I focus on just as much as integrity and character, is capability. Do you think the person has the skill set, temperament to be an effective leader. One way we try to establish a person's probability of success, is to look at what they've done in the past and project or extrapolate that into performance of the position of the office.
Thus people saw Williamson, in part, as a successful businessman, who knew how to run a business. Vice a college professor-type who knows how to teach case-studies of successful businessmen. And so the old saw, "those that can't do; teach" That's probably unfair to all, but in certain cases it may apply.

There are all types and styles of leadership [see our current mayor, and previous office holders] that CAN work. While a candidate is better off being charismatic and persuasive than not. It doesn't mean they are the best candidate for the job than someone perhaps less eloquent, and more pedestrian but tough and savvy when it counts.

It should be an interesting race. Not sure the"best man" always wins, but I sure we always get the leadership we deserve.

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:28 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:04 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I think Dale did a Awesome job, and I believe he truly cares about Good Ole Flint Michigan. I know he is running for making Flint a better place, no other reasons. He isn't running to make this a stepping stone for other political runs.

The guy has a lot of ideas, and is making a plan now how to turn Flint Around. Good Work Dale, the best of luck to you.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

It's cool that he says he is not going to bash his opponents. I also like what he says about getting involved in neighborood groups and partnering between organizations. He makes a lot of sense.
I think Dale could really change the attitude at city hall.
Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
It's cool that he says he is not going to bash his opponents. I also like what he says about getting involved in neighborood groups and partnering between organizations. He makes a lot of sense.

I agree, I hate mud slinging!!

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 am 
Chad McFly
F L I N T O I D

A Leader at the Local, State, and National Levels

Since 2000, Dale has served as the President & CEO of the Resource Center, Genesee County’s one-stop shop for information on volunteering and nonprofits. During Dale’s tenure with the Resource Center, the organization has helped tens of thousands of people find human services that meet their needs.

Locally, Dale served for two years as the Chair of the Genesee County Nonprofit Association, an organization made up of 90+ local nonprofit agencies.

At the state level, Dale served for two years as the Chair of the Volunteer Centers of Michigan, the state association for organizations similar to the Resource Center. Dale has also served on the ConnectMichigan Alliance Board of Trustees, and currently is a board member for the Michigan Nonprofit Association . Both of these statewide organizations are dedicated to promoting volunteerism and the health of Michigan’s nonprofit sector.

Nationally, Dale was elected by his peers to serve as the Chair of the Volunteer Center National Network, the highest leadership position in the Volunteer Center field . As part of this role, Dale served as a member of the Points of Light Foundation’s Board of Directors in 2004-2005. The Points of Light Foundation is a national, non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the number and quality of volunteers across the country.

In short, Dale has the right experiences to help build a new Flint: service as a successful local educator; a recognized leader in the nonprofit sector at the local, state, and national levels; and a dedicated community volunteer.

www.anewflint.org
Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:

Dale called on me 2 weeks ago, and asked to be invited to our next block club meeting. In the 2 1/2 years we've had an active block club, he's the ONLY "politician" that's asked to come. We've had to invite the others to get information.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Chad McFly
F L I N T O I D

I see Dale Weighill at City of Flint Council meetings on a regular basis.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:34 pm 
abc

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Dale called on me 2 weeks ago, and asked to be invited to our next block club meeting. In the 2 1/2 years we've had an active block club, he's the ONLY "politician" that's asked to come. We've had to invite the others to get information.
Please do tell where anyone would find a current contact list for all the area block clubs and crime watch meetings in Flint.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:51 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Dale is having a town meeting @ Good Beans on the 24th @ 5:pm.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:00 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: