FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Driver in deadly crash

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
hairiam632

This is to all of the media and journalist, I'm reading in the paper about a Friend of my husbands, He also was a Husband, a Son and a Uncle, I just cant believe what I'm reading he died in a car accident on 69 on Dec.27 it was horrible accident for all that was involed, All The Flint Journal can right about is what he has ever done wrong in his life. Isn't it enough that the people that knew of him are going threw enough that they have to read this stuff. People make mistakes all of the time and people do change, sure he had problems. We all do. I believe if we go threw all of the media records or the journalist that I'm sure someone has a recored to maybe we should put theres in the paper or report it on the news. The point I'm making is leave the DEAD people alone, LEAVE there families alone and let people Grieve, and let them rest in PEACE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!
Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:07 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

First, let me say I am truly sorry for each life lost as a result of the head-on crash that occurred on Dec. 27, 2006 on I-69. Under the circumstances there are bound to be mixed feelings of anger and pain. It's not just family and friends of those who died that grieve. Others whose lives have been affected by the tragic results of drinking and driving share your grief.

The Flint Journal first reported the crash prior to the victims being identified, and that "witnesses reported a suspected drunken driver on I-69 near I-75 about 12:30 p.m. Moments later, the car crossed the median from the westbound lanes into oncoming traffic and narrowly missed three cars before crashing into an oncoming sport utility vehicle near Bristol Road." That is news, very sad news.

While I agree that it's hurtful for family to see the name of a loved one and his shortcomings published in the press, those publications aren't going to stop as long as there are accidents related to drinking and driving and past similar offenses are a matter of public record. The press will check it out and print it. MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) was formed by people who suffered a personal loss as the result of a drinking driver, and courts routinely refer offenders to their program as part of their sentences.

Again, I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend. May you and your husband, and your friend's family, find comfort remembering the good things you knew about him.
Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:02 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: