FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Oakley v/s Jordan

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
fiana74
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Laura Miller has officially announced her decision not to run for a third term for Dallas mayor. Dallas mayor candidate Ed Oakley notes that Laura Miller was the first mayor to be elected who was not blessed by the Dallas Citizens Council, a group composed of the city’s top business leaders. Laura Miller’s two-time victory proved that such an era dependent on the rich and the powerful has passed. Oakley also believes that he is fully confident to follow in those footsteps. While Laura Miller was often criticized for her lack of abilities in forming coalitions, Oakley’s strength as a candidate comes from his reputation as a coalition builder.

However Oakley faces a strong opponent in the form of Darrell Jordan. Darrell Jordan is a Dallas lawyer who has served as President of both the Dallas Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas. Jordan has also served as a member of the Board Of Governors and Executive Committee of the American Bar Association. As of now, Darrell Jordan chairs a number of boards and committees and is a widely respected personality in the Dallas community. Oakley will need more than just great campaign ideas and good luck to out-do a candidate like Darrell Jordan.

For more information on the upcoming Dallas mayor elections and one of the contenders Darrell Jordan, log on to on http://www.darrelljordanformayor.com
Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:21 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
fiana74 schreef:
Mayor Laura Miller has officially announced her decision not to run for a third term for Dallas mayor. Dallas mayor candidate Ed Oakley notes that Laura Miller was the first mayor to be elected who was not blessed by the Dallas Citizens Council, a group composed of the city’s top business leaders. Laura Miller’s two-time victory proved that such an era dependent on the rich and the powerful has passed. Oakley also believes that he is fully confident to follow in those footsteps. While Laura Miller was often criticized for her lack of abilities in forming coalitions, Oakley’s strength as a candidate comes from his reputation as a coalition builder.

However Oakley faces a strong opponent in the form of Darrell Jordan. Darrell Jordan is a Dallas lawyer who has served as President of both the Dallas Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas. Jordan has also served as a member of the Board Of Governors and Executive Committee of the American Bar Association. As of now, Darrell Jordan chairs a number of boards and committees and is a widely respected personality in the Dallas community. Oakley will need more than just great campaign ideas and good luck to out-do a candidate like Darrell Jordan.

For more information on the upcoming Dallas mayor elections and one of the contenders Darrell Jordan, log on to on http://www.darrelljordanformayor.com

say what?

I think you're about 1500 miles to far north Fiana.

is this Texas two-step spam?

However, if you're short some mayoral candidates, I bet we could lend you a few.

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:40 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

WHAT THE HELL??.....................
Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Flint Tx is not too far from Dallas. http://maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?&addr=&csz=Flint,TX She might have thought we were talking about Flint Tx population 8,886. Steve maybe you should make a Dallastalk.com. lol
Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:32 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Flint Tx is not too far from Dallas. http://maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?&addr=&csz=Flint,TX She might have thought we were talking about Flint Tx population 8,886. Steve maybe you should make a Dallastalk.com. lol

OK!!! YESSSSSSSS!!

any chance we can swap places???

I'll take outside Dallas anyday vs. outside Detroit.

got to convince Mrs Biggie however.

If we can't swap places, allow us to send you our huddled masses, yearning to be free [warm]; about 100,000 of 'em. Plenty of room down in TEXAS...

YEEEE HAAAWW.

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:20 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Good one Biggie.....Hell, if they moved Flint, I would even consider moving back......Wait a minute, would ALL THE CITIZENS of Flint have to move too? On second thought, I'll stay right where I am, thanks!

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: