FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Dale Weighill thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

He'll be speaking today, December 14th at Pages, from 5-7PM.

Someone please go and tape it or ask him some tough questions and report back here.

I spent some time on his Website. It's not bad, but it's very amateurish, about what you'd expect from a teacher at Mott Community College. I see him more as a city council member or a city director than as a mayor. I await an opportunity to meet him in person and see him in action.

At this point, I'm very skeptical he's qualified for the job or has the street smarts for it. I have some hot button issues, the most of which is the fact he's not from Flint and from an all-white (95.5%) suburb of Detroit.

Doesn't seem like the right fit to me. But I could be wrong.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:56 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:19 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Which episode?
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:11 am 
Skip

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
He'll be speaking today, December 14th at Pages, from 5-7PM.

Someone please go and tape it or ask him some tough questions and report back here.

I spent some time on his Website. It's not bad, but it's very amateurish, about what you'd expect from a teacher at Mott Community College. I see him more as a city council member or a city director than as a mayor. I await an opportunity to meet him in person and see him in action.

At this point, I'm very skeptical he's qualified for the job or has the street smarts for it. I have some hot button issues, the most of which is the fact he's not from Flint and from an all-white (95.5%) suburb of Detroit.

Doesn't seem like the right fit to me. But I could be wrong.

Shawn, Dale has been in Flint for years ( in the trenches). He has worked wonders in Flint.. Tell me where Dayne has done the same? Dayne Walling not only lied to the people of Flint, but he is a crook. He used " THE FLINT CLUB" as a Political Action Committee.

He should be ashamed of hims self, now he moved over to the little silver slipper kensington Ave.. Dayne should try to be apart of the soluntion for while before he tries to act like God.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:27 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:41 am 
CourtStreetGuy

Several observations:

1. Dale's web site is easily the best of the current candidates for Mayor. It is also the best of any candidate who has run for Mayor previously. It also ranks up there with the sites of mayoral and other candidates around the country.
2. Dale has actually presented a plan for Flint. The other candidates have not.
2. Dale easily has more experience trying to turn Flint around than the other candidates. He's the one, unlike one other candidate, who's been living here and working on Flint problems for a decade now. He's been educating MCC students and guiding the Resource Center's work for ten years. He's also a major community volunteer. His leadership has been acknowledged at the local, state, and national levels.
3. Dale has real CEO experience, unlike several of the other candidates (an obvious prerequisite to serving as Mayor).
4. Dale has experience serving in elective office as one of Michigan's youngest school board members. At least one of the other candidates has never been elected to public office.
5. If sensitivity to diversity is an issue, I know that Dale's kitchen cabinet is probably made up of more African Americans than whites.

One last thought:

Roscoe, weren't you the one who has repreatedly defended Dayne's long absence from Flint by saying that voters are interested in what someone can do, not where they're from or where they've lived? If so, why would you have a problem with Dale originally coming from the Detroit area? He's clearly demonstrated his commitment to Flint.

I say, "Vote for Dale!"
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:56 pm 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

In a city like Flint, being an articulate, intelligent and educated person can actually be a liability when seeking election (sad but true!) Just look at the last few leaders of the city. People are more trusting of those they can relate to (and let's face it, a very high percentage of Flint residents are backward thinking, apathetic dullards).

This is what will hurt Dale, and certainly hinder Dayne. Dayne is a brilliant man. Hopefully he can "dumb-it-down" just enough to connect with enough Flint residents.

This city is my home and I will always love it, but man is it filled with some pathetic people. Can't we just get them to pack up, move away and be somebody else's problem?
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:49 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
In a city like Flint, being an articulate, intelligent and educated person can actually be a liability when seeking election (sad but true!) Just look at the last few leaders of the city. People are more trusting of those they can relate to (and let's face it, a very high percentage of Flint residents are backward thinking, apathetic dullards).

This is what will hurt Dale, and certainly hinder Dayne. Dayne is a brilliant man. Hopefully he can "dumb-it-down" just enough to connect with enough Flint residents.

This city is my home and I will always love it, but man is it filled with some pathetic people. Can't we just get them to pack up, move away and be somebody else's problem?

well if those dullards were smart enough, they'd recognize the optimal solution.

get us smart folks to pack up move away and become someone else's problem! Very Happy

after all they're fewer of us cognoscenti around than dullards; thus easier to implement the migration of the few for the benefit of the many.

present company excluded of course.

Laughing

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 pm 
Chad

Meet and greet our next Mayor

The Dale Weighill for Mayor campaign will host a meet and greet from 5-7pm at Page's Bookstore on Thursday, December 14, 2006. Page's is located at 132 W. Second Street, Flint, MI 48502. Please join us to hear Dale's plans for a new Flint and to share your own thoughts.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm 
philanthropiclady

Dale not qualified?

For what it's worth, the Resource Center's budget and staff is probably ten times the size of Flint Club's. Not to mention the fact that the organization and its leadership (Dale, Sybyl, etc.) is very well regarded in the community. Most folks believe the RC genuinely improves the quality of life here in Flint. Can Flint Club honestly say the same? Seems to me it's mostly p.r. up to this point.

philanthropiclady
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 pm 
Jason

quote:
[b]

I spent some time on his Website. It's not bad, but it's very amateurish, about what you'd expect from a teacher at Mott Community College.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found our definition of elitist, and it is Roscoe. See above.

Amateurish? Have you seen Dayne's site? www.daynewalling.com

For someone who's been running for Mayor for several years now, you'd think it would be a lot better. I give it a three out of ten.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:51 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jason schreef:
quote:
[b]

I spent some time on his Website. It's not bad, but it's very amateurish, about what you'd expect from a teacher at Mott Community College.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found our definition of elitist, and it is Roscoe. See above.

Amateurish? Have you seen Dayne's site? www.daynewalling.com

For someone who's been running for Mayor for several years now, you'd think it would be a lot better. I give it a three out of ten.

Roscoe, the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Produce the poop.

Jason, produce your nose, front and center. [you don't have a cold do you?]

snnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffff

and the verdict is.................

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 pm 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

For the record, Dayne has not officially announced his candidacy. His web-site has nothing to do with a campaign for mayor of anything. If the time comes that he decides to formally announce his campaign, I’m sure the campaign web-site will be of the highest quality. The guy doesn’t do anything “half-assed.”
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:21 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
For the record, Dayne has not officially announced his candidacy. His web-site has nothing to do with a campaign for mayor of anything. If the time comes that he decides to formally announce his campaign, I’m sure the campaign web-site will be of the highest quality. The guy doesn’t do anything “half-assed.”

oooo...let the nose determine that.

"half-assed.” indeed?

Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:46 pm 
Jane

I think we found our definition of elitist, who is Dayne Walling and Shawn Chittle.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:00 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: